We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
It's been a while! My crazy story involving Lyme disease Options

Millentree10
#1 Posted : 9/21/2012 4:53:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, I'm back!

I'm sure you probably don't remember me, for I was not here for long after promotion.

It's not so much that I lost interest, but life kind of pulled me away from most recreational activities such as these, even before this story begins.

Well, hell has my life been a roller-coaster for the year of 2012! (Commence long story, brace thine self) (Also, if you're wondering why I'm breaking text up into 1-2 sentence segments, it'll be explained).

Where do I begin? A good place seems to be where my problems began, this past April. Yes, this portion of my story is mainly health issues.

I think April 2nd or 3rd, I had oral surgery! Woohoo! I expected to go through a lot after, but, damn, did I go through A LOT after.

It was a day surgery, not a huge deal. However, when I got home, it was not the after-effects of anesthesia, or the side effects of Vicodin that I immediately began dealing with.

It was a lot like the flu, but with barely any throwing up, near 24/7 sleeping, horrible body, especially joint, aches, and sudden deep depression spiral. I was convinced I had mono, and those doctors gave it to me.

But, alas, I recovered in about 2 weeks' time. Except, the fatigue & depression, along with significant personality changes, stuck.

So, I persevered, through to about mid June. Things got weird then. I was smoking some good ol' cannabis with some close buddies, and I nearly passed out for no apparent reason, with my hearing and vision fading, then my legs almost giving out.

I didn't think much of it, until it happened again almost exactly a month later. This time it came with a panic attack, my first ever, and god it was terrifying. I saw the craziest things.

I honestly believed I was going to die. I saw disfigured faces, much like the devil or a reaper or something. I was not tripping, I was just smoking some bud, like every other day of my life.

I took LSD like a week or 2 before this, and it was extremely uncomfortable for me. Not a 'bad trip' like some of the horrifying things I've read, just unusually uncomfortable.

So, I took a 2 week break from everything, even my home. I stayed with family at their summer house. (This place is amazing, at the top of a hill with no other buildings for miles in any direction).

Holy balls this is getting long, I'll speed this up to get to what I'm trying to say, that's actually related to this forum!

Anyway, I forgot to mention that knee pain and neck pain/stiffness were ailing me from some time in June through this point, getting just a little bit worse every day. Cannabis continued to make me very anxious and depressed, and I felt them all the time anyway.

So, I saw a doctor. I'll shorten this part and just say that they had NO idea. I've been fed words said uncertainly such as MS, fibromyalgia, anxiety disorder, multiple personalities, arthritis, it goes on and on.

Then a close friend tipped me off about Lyme disease! That it's actually a chronic disease, with over 200 possible symptoms, and that the CDC and 99% of doctors don't know a thing about how to properly treat it! Not only that, but negative bloodwork means nothing!

So, I printed this information and persisted until my doctor started treating me for Lyme.

It's been 3 weeks, and I feel human again. I truly did not realize how bad I even allowed myself to get. I was having things like full body tremors, and then completely forgetting about them because of how bad my short term memory got.

I still have some issues with concentration, especially on fully-body paragraphs, hence the broken-up text here.

This is honestly the most intense test of strength I've ever had to endure. How well can I fight the ignorant and the uneducated for treatment, as well as fight disabling disease?

I find myself looking up to the sky more and more every day, wondering at this. Am I actually being tested? On my will? My strength?

Since psychedelics don't seem to make me feel unbalanced and scared anymore, I have come back here, absolutely starving for knowledge, and for something to strengthen my perseverance.

I want to experience the loss of ego. This is my mission.

[Thank you for reading all of that, I realize it was a LOT. But I had to get it all off of my shoulders somehow, though I do apologize for how long I made it. It feels good to be back Smile]

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

anrchy
#2 Posted : 9/21/2012 8:02:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would still have read it if it had been twice as long. Man, Lyme disease? How does one get it? I've heard of it before but don't know much about it, was told you can get it from ticks. Do you have any clue as to how you got it? I feel for you friend, hope things get better and glad to have you back.

So what are your future plans with psychadelics? Does the disease effect your ability to take any?
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Kobranek
#3 Posted : 9/21/2012 1:48:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You are right on with the idea of you being tested as it was much easier to keep going down the downward spiral. And now you are pulling through stronger mentally maybe not physically yet, give it some time, you will. Glad to hear your doing a lot better!

I can completely relate to the helpless feeling of being failed by our healthcare system, even with close relatives in the field trying their best to help me. Our health and will to survive really is up to us to make sure that we are given the best care and environment to heal, especially if it is against the norm through the use of psychedelics. With that said I still do have respect and appreciation for our healthcare providers as many are really trying to do the best they can do and I sure wouldn't be here today at least in the shape that I am in if it wasn't for the treatment given; I suspect the same goes for you.

Diagnosing infectious diseases is extremely hard as many symptoms are flu like and with the evolving nature of pathogens there are many new ones being understood over time. A major piece to the puzzle is the incubation period....how long did you start to show symptoms once you were exposed? That in itself is one of the hardest things to determine if you don't know when you were exposed.
Again I'm happy to hear you are pulling through and best of luck on your journey, I hope the rest of 2012 is better for you!

polytrip
#4 Posted : 9/21/2012 3:18:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I´m sorry to hear this. Lyme is a terrible thing. One of the nasty aspects of it is that many tests for it have quite a large error-margin.

You´d better take your time to fully recover from this.

Smoking cannabis (or tobacco) won´t be very helpfull, and i think it would also be wise to wait with the psychedelics untill everything is back to normal. Better safe than sorry.

There´s no need to push anything. Psychedelic´s can wait. Take your rest, eat well, sleep well, your body will do the rest.

I´ve found that spirulina realy helps with recovering from stuff. It´s rich in all the right fatty acids and vitamins, and besides being good for your body, it will help to elevate your mood.

I would also avoid sugar. Sugar is not good for your defence system. All those little things realy add-up when you´re weakened like that.

Eating well is realy important, because your body needs a lot of energy to recover from something like that.

Good to hear that things are getting better. Welcome back, and i wish you all the best of luck to get through the last bit of it.

penny
#5 Posted : 10/8/2013 7:33:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I created an account just to say that you sound just like me. I had to wonder if I was the one who wrote it. But I'm not. So crazy.

Dreamcatcher90
#6 Posted : 9/30/2015 9:09:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I we also jusgt got this summer Lyme ... and it was terrible , after of 2 sessions of ayahuasca i noticed the spot on the leg .... and one week earlyer i was terrible ill , then when i noticed and went to doctor he prescribed me antibiotics , after 2 days of taking them i got Bells parsly i think , my half face was shut down , i can only move the right half , then i went again to doctor and he prescribed me 2 weeks every day intervein antibiotics , i refused them ..... i went searching for the natural cure , i found a lot of usefull information....girlfriend buyed a book how to heal naturaly lyme ....and then i found on net about Kambo and lyme , i wend before 2 times on kambo , .....so after the first session i was a lot better , ....we made 4 sessions in one month , every week one , now we are making every month 1 for one year .... my face moves allmost like before , feeling healthy , no pain , no pain in the head , memmory is good , not like on lyme ...and yeah i had the same thing when smoking buds , and anxyiety paranoia etc..... now buds helps me relax to heal fuuly , next month i will go on Shipibo ceremony whit aya Very happy hope that you are getting better Very happy take care Very happy

null24
#7 Posted : 10/1/2015 1:56:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Holy cow. OP, dream catcher and penny, how and where did you contract it? I know ticks carry it right? What is the 'spot on the leg' , a bite or a symptom? This is pretty fascinating, thank god I'm not hypochondriac!

EDIT: I GOTTA START CHECKING THREAD DATES...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

kerelsk
#8 Posted : 10/1/2015 4:56:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This thread is quite old but I'll add in my experience here as another Lymey.

I contracted Lyme some 8-10 years ago, and didn't get it treated until the symptoms were undeniable, ie I was walking with a cane because my knee joints had swollen so bad. I received some antibiotic treatment for a while, which helped a great deal and I got on with my life, but it seems since then I've always been carrying the Lyme spirit in me. It's a little like demonic possession, in some ways, how it changes your mood and body. It came into my life during a period of intense depression, it and that depression follow me around sometimes.

Last year for instance, I was really extremely exhausted all the time, I'd be outside for half an hour and I have to get out of the sun and sit down again. This seemed normal for me at the time but also like something was wrong...

Then this spring something happened and it totally took advantage of me. It got me good, intense episodes of panic, my heart started feeling painful and inflamed, the weird Lyme "mood"... which is how I recognized this, I felt like 10 years ago back in the hospital. I stopped taking all psychoactives. Cannabis was now somehow giving me extreme panic and confusion as well as CEVs of a disturbing, ghostly sort. I went to the ER, actually, where they ran some blood tests, but never called me back and gave me a huge bill. I don't feel very good about the medical industry in my country these days...

So I looked into what herbs and diet could help me. Trying to cut out bread, eat lots of protein and veggies, mostly just working off what made me feel good when I ate it. It was so immediate that if I ate something like a bowl of cereal and milk I'd feel terrible 15 minutes afterwards. If I'd eaten an egg and zucchini I felt great.
I did finally find a combination of herbs that was giving me consistent Herxheimer reactions, and that seemed to be a good sign. The first few days I started the herbs I had a massive Herx, pounding headache, drank enormous amounts of water, couldn't sleep, complete mental fuzz, but at the same time it felt sooo good to be killing it.

And after doing diet and herbs for a number of months I felt good enough to drink some formosahuasca, where I asked the confusa tree "How can I heal the best?" And it responded that I just have to love... let go of all the fear and uncertainty that's making me so nervous, and embrace your body which has amazing regenerative capacity. Just love, don't worry, love, and that will help and you'll feel better. The days afterwards I was doing this, throwing away the worry and carrying the love. I had this vision that the huasca put a little ball of positive energy in my belly that I'd focus on to spread regeneration through my body.

I have since then also begun doing my mushroom sessions again, and the Lyme mood can definitely cut through into them, but I still prefer to do them rather than not. The week or so after a light mushroom trip (~2g) I feel a renewed positivity and distinct antidepressant effect. And I find psilocybin and huasca don't have any side effects that prevent me from using them.

Huge post! Anyway, now I'm still working through all this, but I feel like I can live like a normal human being! It seems to me the whole disease is like a shamanic archetype resonating into my life, the obliteration of my being and subsequent piecing together and healing. You have to be sick and cure yourself to help others. And I've definitely learned a lot, about medicinal herbs, the power of healing thoughts, environment and social support, and sensitivity to the limits of the body.

Take care, all Love

null24
#9 Posted : 10/1/2015 9:24:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Thanks for your post. While not suffering from Lyme, the information on diet is helpful. I'm trying to pay more attention to that myself and realizing how strong a connection between food and not only physical but emotional well being there is between them. Food is medicine.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

reidh
#10 Posted : 12/31/2016 6:46:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Dreamcatcher90 wrote:
I we also jusgt got this summer Lyme ... and it was terrible , after of 2 sessions of ayahuasca i noticed the spot on the leg .... and one week earlyer i was terrible ill , then when i noticed and went to doctor he prescribed me antibiotics , after 2 days of taking them i got Bells parsly i think , my half face was shut down , i can only move the right half , then i went again to doctor and he prescribed me 2 weeks every day intervein antibiotics , i refused them ..... i went searching for the natural cure , i found a lot of usefull information....girlfriend buyed a book how to heal naturaly lyme ....and then i found on net about Kambo and lyme , i wend before 2 times on kambo , .....so after the first session i was a lot better , ....we made 4 sessions in one month , every week one , now we are making every month 1 for one year .... my face moves allmost like before , feeling healthy , no pain , no pain in the head , memmory is good , not like on lyme ...and yeah i had the same thing when smoking buds , and anxyiety paranoia etc..... now buds helps me relax to heal fuuly , next month i will go on Shipibo ceremony whit aya Very happy hope that you are getting better Very happy take care Very happy

Hey could you please tell me where you can do the Kambo treatment that consistently? My email is REMOVED

thanks so much

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 1/1/2017 11:49:00 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Attitude_Page

^No sharing of real life information...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

archaic_revival_
#12 Posted : 3/13/2017 6:21:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lyme survivor here, 100% no symptoms for over a decade now.

I was diagnosed after experiencing 4 weeks of excruciating symptoms (swollen joints, depression, fatigue, etc.)

Doctors misdiagnosed until a psychic colleague tipped me off! Was put on Doxycycline and I was cured...

RhythmSpring
#13 Posted : 2/20/2018 4:56:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just popping in to say that just discovering this thread and reading it was encouraging.

Can't type much now, but I'll just throw in there that if you have Babesia (a common co-infection with Lyme), it can really help to take Artemisia annua.

Peace!
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken