We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
Dabbing DMT: The Way of the Future Options

Little Phoenix
#81 Posted : 9/17/2015 5:22:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow this is all so amazing, I'm really curious and would like to try.

Question: I have an Arc Tabletop Lighter from Turboflame, will this be hot enough to heat a ceramic or titanium or quartz nail? The website says it makes a 1300c flame so I'm assuming yes but it looks like many here use a blowtorch.

Link: http://www.turboflame.co.uk/arc.php

Thanks!
“Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun.”
― Watts

Fly High

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Make Shift
#82 Posted : 9/17/2015 5:27:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's a pretty good deal man, I found a site based in the UK, willybanjo, they sell stuff like this for very reasonable prices, same design on US websites costs more than double the price. I gota ship them to dubai for which I gota pay 110 $ for something that costs 35$ Rolling eyes Confused Very happy
The 6 shooter sounds like a hoot and a half.
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.

vin9x
#83 Posted : 9/17/2015 5:35:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say 20 seconds is the absolute maximum needed and it's totally doable when you empty your lungs completely and then inhale slowly (the trick is to resist the initial urge to inhale quickly when having no air in your lungs).
Because of the slow air speed, the vapor is already cool and water is unnecessary in my opinion.

And yes, when using a ceramic disc with pre-molten freebase, the vaporization process will start very quickly once you start heating the pipe.

I'm not sure if this belongs here but since it has been brought up by 3rdI, I am interested in vaping dmt with some extracted caapi alkaloids next time and I am wondering if the different boiling points will cause problems when vaping with the GVG.

Make Shift
#84 Posted : 9/17/2015 5:54:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Little Phoenix wrote:

Question: I have an Arc Tabletop Lighter from Turboflame, will this be hot enough to heat a ceramic or titanium or quartz nail? The website says it makes a 1300c flame so I'm assuming yes but it looks like many here use a blowtorch.

Thanks!

1,300 degree is plenty man, all you need to heat up a nail is a maximum 700 degree, wait for about a minute, relax and take a few deep breathe, the temp on the ceramic nail will still be above 400( ti nail heats up faster than ceramic and dissipates heat faster too), load the spice on the nail and even before you know it, it's vaporized, ensure to take a maximum 50 mg or there might be some oil left on it unless you pull super hard.
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.

Make Shift
#85 Posted : 9/17/2015 5:56:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vin9x wrote:
I would say 20 seconds is the absolute maximum needed and it's totally doable when you empty your lungs completely and then inhale slowly (the trick is to resist the initial urge to inhale quickly when having no air in your lungs).
Because of the slow air speed, the vapor is already cool and water is unnecessary in my opinion.

And yes, when using a ceramic disc with pre-molten freebase, the vaporization process will start very quickly once you start heating the pipe.

I'm not sure if this belongs here but since it has been brought up by 3rdI, I am interested in vaping dmt with some extracted caapi alkaloids next time and I am wondering if the different boiling points will cause problems when vaping with the GVG.

When I start inhaling, the sudden change in taste of air makes me feel like I want to cough which is an almost involuntary reaction of the body to a foreign particle ( i'm a non smoker) , but if you pass that stage successfully I have had great success.
You guys are tempting me to get a gvg Stop Twisted Evil

vin9x
#86 Posted : 9/17/2015 6:14:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's the thing, though: With the right GVG setup, you almost won't be able to tell that you are inhaling dmt vapor.
There is no plastic taste and it is many times smoother than any cigarette you'll ever find.

There also seems to be some debate if water reduces efficiency when vaping dmt.

Heyt
#87 Posted : 9/17/2015 6:53:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Little Phoenix wrote:

Thanks!

Nah, it's too small. I used to use one of those and it takes way too long to get the nail heated and it doesn't really get hot enough. It's not that 1300C isn't hot enough, it's just that the torch has a tiny flame. I recommend propane. It's way cheaper, more efficient, and hotter.

vin9x wrote:
That's the thing, though: With the right GVG setup, you almost won't be able to tell that you are inhaling dmt vapor.
There is no plastic taste and it is many times smoother than any cigarette you'll ever find.

How about you try and see for yourself, instead of scrounging around for hypothetical reasons why it's not as good. The rig doesn't condense DMT - 1ce is just speaking in hypotheticals. I've dabbed DMT a few dozen times and I haven't had any DMT residue accumulate in my rig at all.

I understand you like the GVG, but that's not what this thread is about. I stated throughout the thread that I've tried both methods and that they're both great, but I prefer some of the advantages of dabbing (GVG has its own advantages, such as portability and simplicity, for example). I appreciate your perspective, but it feels like - at this point - you just want to convince us that the GVG is better. The point of this thread was to encourage others to try a new ROA that some of us have fallen in love with, not to bash other ROAs. I admit dabbing has drawbacks, as does the GVG. But it's kind of annoying to have the thread constantly derailed with back and forth about which is better. The whole point is just that "Hey, I'm super stoked at this new way to blast off I've discovered! Anyone else tried it?" not "Mines better than yours, you should concede to that."

EDIT: That also applies to you, MakeShift. Please don't get sucked into arguing about which is better. That's not the point at all. We can all agree changa in the bonga and the GVG are both great ROAs, but you don't see people arguing which is better.

Make Shift
#88 Posted : 9/17/2015 8:24:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vin9x wrote:

Water doesn't reduce the potency I guess, and surely it doesn't cause any condensation whatsoever, the water left in the rig has no change in color or consistency or not filmy appearance of sort.

vin9x
#89 Posted : 9/17/2015 8:34:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Once again, in my opinion both methods are pretty equal and I recognize the advantages of dabbing.
I don't want to convince anybody who is already happy with his or her technique but for people reading this who still have to decide, I think it is important to have all the available information (which includes ongoing discussions).
It's not really helping anybody if there are no comparisons.
And I am not saying one ROA is better than the other, as you said yourself, it comes down to personal preference.

Heyt
#90 Posted : 9/18/2015 1:30:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

vin9x wrote:
Once again, in my opinion both methods are pretty equal and I recognize the advantages of dabbing.
I don't want to convince anybody who is already happy with his or her technique but for people reading this who still have to decide, I think it is important to have all the available information (which includes ongoing discussions).
It's not really helping anybody if there are no comparisons.
And I am not saying one ROA is better than the other, as you said yourself, it comes down to personal preference.

So then how about we both step away from this thread and leave it for those who try dabbing DMT to report their results. That way it can be a "this was my experience" and "how do I get started dabbing DMT" thread since everything worth talking about in relation to comparisons between ROAs has been stated. That way the thread can act as a helpful reference for people interested in dabbing DMT but unsure of where to start. Smile

vin9x
#91 Posted : 9/18/2015 2:44:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, good idea.
There is nothing more to say for me here Very happy

Good night my friends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Pr1fRWxIQ

Make Shift
#92 Posted : 9/18/2015 4:40:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Heyt wrote:

So then how about we both step away from this thread and leave it for those who try dabbing DMT to report their results. That way it can be a "this was my experience" and "how do I get started dabbing DMT" thread since everything worth talking about in relation to comparisons between ROAs has been stated. That way the thread can act as a helpful reference for people interested in dabbing DMT but unsure of where to start. Smile

Hey,
So with regards to dabbing, what liquid do you use in the rig and why? Hot or cold or anything else? Please elucidate.

Leithen
#93 Posted : 9/22/2015 2:20:36 PM

Be Here Now

Make Shift wrote:
Hey Leithen,
So what would be the ideal temp? 300 degree F?
Also since you're saying e-nail would you put the crystals on the nail first and then switch on the nail and increase the temp to the required temp or same like in the regular nail heat it with a torch and when then temp is reached then put the crystals?
The doubt in my mind is, think about an empty pan and heat it, when we pour water into it there is that bursting sound right? Similarly here when we put the crystals onto the nail when its at 300 degree +, won't there be a tendency to burn it?

Sorry for the late response.

I would think you would still take it normally. Dropping the crystals on the already hot nail. This has not been tested by me but I have heard countless reports. Generally an enail for THC concentrate is set around 650 (personal experience). Of course it would need to be much lower than that but only tests can answer what temp. is ideal.

Has anyone had experience using a carb cap? Since they speed up the convection of the oil in the nail it usually makes the "dabbable temperature range" bigger, i.e. you can take it at a lower temp. than normal making the risk of burning far less.

I would love to start testing lots of these ideas and posting them here. Perhaps a bigger Dabbing thread is in order. There is a lot of unknown but also seemingly lots of potential.
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

Make Shift
#94 Posted : 9/22/2015 6:57:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Leithen wrote:

Sorry for the late response.

Has anyone had experience using a carb cap? Since they speed up the convection of the oil in the nail it usually makes the "dabbable temperature range" bigger, i.e. you can take it at a lower temp. than normal making the risk of burning far less.

I would love to start testing lots of these ideas and posting them here. Perhaps a bigger Dabbing thread is in order. There is a lot of unknown but also seemingly lots of potential.

Hahaha yes man, your response is a little late. I blasted off twice with a dab rig, ceramic nail with carb cap.
First time I heated it upto 500 degree F, and waited not more than 10 seconds. Loaded the spice and almost instantly it vaporized even before I placed the carb cap, but it hit me hard. I thought I died.
Second time, I heated the nail to 700+, waited a good 1 minute and loaded the crystals, again vaporized even before I could cover it. But it works.
But to make things easier I would think the best way would be to heat to 500, wait a minute till it comes down to 350-400, load the crystals, it will vaporize instantly again but not as quick as at 500-600, and before we load the dmt onto the nail we ought to start pulling slowly and and carb cap should cover the nail almost instantly as the spice touches the nail. I can't stress this enough, but maybe even before the spice touches the nail. But with a high temperature dab, the vapor too tends to get too hot and cause an urge to cough.
What do you feel?

Leithen
#95 Posted : 9/23/2015 1:31:45 AM

Be Here Now

I couldn't agree moreBig grin . It is essential to inhale a second or so before the dab to ensure you get all the vapor. Again, a cooler nail will make a slower hit and ensure nothing gets burned. Since you have a carb cap, I would go a little to cool if anything but it sounds like you have it figured out.

For the carb cap, I always have it in my other hand so i can put it on the second the spice falls off the dab tool. (Keep in mind, an oil container or beer cap can be used as a carb cap)

“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”

Leithen
#96 Posted : 9/25/2015 2:52:30 PM

Be Here Now

I want to also share a few things I have noticed since participating in 20-30 spice dabs.

Residue most definitely accumulates in the rig. I found this "reclaim" to be active but not very potent. I am using a small rig with a single four-holed diffuser. There is very little water that goes in so not a ton of filtration which I like. Thumbs up As far as water contributing to efficiency, I have a wonderful test setup and should have answers in a few days. It compares a dry piece to a 4-hole to a fritted disc, three very different percolation types.

Residue also seems to accumulate on my nail. I am using a titanium nail with a dome and my fingers as a carb cap. It would get extremely caked with residue and then not heat enough. Every 5-10 dabs I would have to clean and re-season my nail to get it functioning normal again.

I generally prefer hot/warm water in my rig because it seems to have a smoother pull but eventually it cools down and I never re-heat it.

Hope some of this was helpful. Please ask any questions! I think this is a great ROA and am excited to get more information about it out there.

jungleDNBplz
#97 Posted : 9/26/2015 7:46:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have deeply fond memories of my GVG, but dabbing is at least 2-3x as efficient. The only time I've spent nearly an hour in an overwhelmingly convincing afterlife experience, reaching the highest nirvana and pineal-activating state I've ever had, was using a dab rig. The biggest advantage of the dab rig is the ease with which pure freebase harmaline can be vaporized right before the dose of spice. I highly recommend vaporhuasca with pure freebase harmaline and spice via dab rig.

Bonné
#98 Posted : 10/18/2015 6:30:31 PM

Who are you?

This sounds like a promising method, but how are you going to load the DMT unto the nail?
DMT isn´t sticky like THC oil, so I presume it wouldn´t work with a traditional dabbing tool.

Heyt
#99 Posted : 10/18/2015 9:19:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bonné wrote:
This sounds like a promising method, but how are you going to load the DMT unto the nail?
DMT isn´t sticky like THC oil, so I presume it wouldn´t work with a traditional dabbing tool.

This is the dabbing tool I use, and it has a perfect scooper on the end that i load up with spice when i dab. My other tool has a shovel on the end, though anything that can hold a dose of spice (a pen cap, piece of folded paper) works fine if you just pour it onto the nail.

The tool that comes with the Cloud Pen is perfect for spice.

Bonné
#100 Posted : 10/18/2015 9:22:35 PM

Who are you?

Heyt wrote:
Bonné wrote:

This is the dabbing tool I use, and it has a perfect scooper on the end that i load up with spice when i dab. My other tool has a shovel on the end, though anything that can hold a dose of spice (a pen cap, piece of folded paper) works fine if you just pour it onto the nail.

The tool that comes with the Cloud Pen is perfect for spice.

I´m just uncertain as to whether or not you´d actually be able to fit, say, 30-40mg´s of DMT on such a tool? I thought something along the lines of folded paper or similarly would be necessary?

«PREV34567NEXT»