We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Drug laws in different countries in europe - Interesting database! Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 9/23/2015 10:44:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Chan
#2 Posted : 9/23/2015 11:33:02 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Hmm, unfortunately doesn't appear to have been created by anyone familiar with either drugs, or the law, which might be a drawback...

eg. selecting UK + 'what is the punishment for the offence?' [no granular options available...]

Gives:

Quote:
Only use of prepared opium is explicitly prohibited and punished by up to 6 months imprisonment (summary conviction); up to 14 years imprisonment (conviction on indictment). Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, s.9, Sch 4.

So everything else is alright then!
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

endlessness
#3 Posted : 9/23/2015 11:58:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible you are talking about "use" but did not look at the "possession" and "supply" tab?

Chan
#4 Posted : 9/24/2015 12:25:56 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Indeed it is, as that seemed to be the 'pertinent' offence.

Digging further, 'use' seems to be rarely criminalised, unlike 'possession'.

So swallowing one's stash might actually be a good idea, legally at least, in most European countries?
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 9/24/2015 2:32:37 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Man From Chan Chan wrote:
Indeed it is, as that seemed to be the 'pertinent' offence.

Digging further, 'use' seems to be rarely criminalised, unlike 'possession'.

So swallowing one's stash might actually be a good idea, legally at least, in most European countries?

That depends what, and how big, one's stash might be, I'd say...

Quote:
Hmm, unfortunately doesn't appear to have been created by anyone familiar with either drugs, or the law, which might be a drawback...

EMCDDA do have a fair idea of what they're talking about (despite the overall political agenda behind it).
http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/topics/law/penalties-at-a-glance wrote:
Technical notes:

Please note that this is a beta version.

endlessness: useful link, thanks.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

sauroman1
#6 Posted : 9/24/2015 10:02:44 AM

Anybody from Lisbon?

Nice compilation of data. To my knowledge in Europe only Portugal possession of any kind of drug up to 10 days is not an offence with addicted users but need to pay small fee for diagnosis. Netherlands despite being called sometimes as drug heaven only have some drugs for personal use with limits tolerated by police.
Czech too has more liberal cannabis laws. Sad that most harmful drugs such as alcohol and cigarettes are still legal and advertised.
Are there more alternative drug friendly countries?

DiMoiTou
#7 Posted : 9/25/2015 6:49:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wondered... and as it turns out, there's a wiki page for that too sauroman Very happy
Thanks for the link endlessness Smile