We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
underwater entheogens Options

CosmicLion
#21 Posted : 3/13/2009 6:28:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If there are hallucinogenic fish there has to be hallucinogenic fish landscaping right? That would be so cool. Psychoactive coral would rock.
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Phlux-
#22 Posted : 3/13/2009 12:56:11 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

many spp of fish can cause heavy trips when eaten - its said that it is from the algae or plant material they eat - apparently they are only "active" in various seasons - in other seasons their diet changes. there are many fish spp that can cause this - i know one person, personally that had a severe experience from eating flathead mullet off the transkei in south africa.

also a south african researcher found an edible species of seaweed that contains dmt off the coast of madagascar - dont know the botanical name tho - anyone got it ?

i heard long ago that someone extracted dmt from a seaweed based plant food - the validity of this - idk ?

There is so much plant life in the sea and it takes up a large portion of the earth, im sure there are more underwater spp that contain dmt than there are on land.

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

'Coatl
#23 Posted : 3/17/2009 7:07:43 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Y'all heard about the psychedelic fish you eat?

I think you eat the head...

Should be on erowid.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

polytrip
#24 Posted : 3/17/2009 8:29:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
There is some coral or sponge that contains 4-HO,5-MeO-DMT.

Fatcat
#25 Posted : 3/18/2009 2:10:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have always thought about underwater etheogens, but currently I am looking for some bacterial hallucinogens. Culturing Bacteria is extremely easy and I'm fairly sure that there out of the billions of different species of bacteria, that one of them has to make something fun.
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

Blundering_Novice
#26 Posted : 4/17/2010 6:41:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Anyone see 'Cloverfield?' It wasn't in the movie, but in the internet back-story theres some substance they find at the bottom of the ocean! The japanese discovered it, and put it in a drink called Slusho....

http://www.slusho.jp/

Supposedly, this is what was in the exploding tanker in the harbor at the beginning of the movie. And it may have led the giant monster to Manhattan.

PsilocybeChild
#27 Posted : 4/17/2010 9:08:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
also a south african researcher found an edible species of seaweed that contains dmt off the coast of madagascar - dont know the botanical name tho - anyone got it ?

Googled and this came up. don't know where the species is from tho.

Family: Alariaceae
Genus: Ecklonia
Species: maxima

DMT is found in brown seaweed extract sold as Kelpak.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

PsilocybeChild
#28 Posted : 4/17/2010 9:24:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

A colleague of mine in Natal South Africa has already discovered in the waters along the coast of Madagascar, three varieties of edible seaweed which contain DMT.

His name is Dr. Michael T.Smith

You might be able to find the article via google.

from mjshroomer @ Mycotopia
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

Ginkgo
#29 Posted : 4/17/2010 10:04:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, wonderful information! I am trying to dig up the article/notes, all I have found until now is a bit more information. "Dr. Michael Smith from the University of Natal, Pretoria, South Africa regarding the DMT in seaweed."

Ginkgo
#30 Posted : 4/17/2010 10:49:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright, I found a manual for a commercial extract of Ecklonia maxima fertilizer. The manual states that the total content of auxin-like compounds (including DMT) is 11 mg per liter. At the stated moisture content of 99.9%, that means that the total amount of auxin-like compounds is 11.1 g per liter. This includes indole-3-carboxylic acid, indole-3-aldehyde, N,N-dimethyltryptamine and N-hydroxyethylphalimide (stated in the same order as in the manual).

This could very well mean that Ecklonia maxima is a potential source. It could also very well mean that DMT only is a small fraction of the amount of auxin-like compounds, which would exclude it as a source. It could also be that one or more of the compounds in the seaweed is highly toxic to humans in extracted form. The manual states that the LD50 for male rats is > 5600 mg/kg for the whole fertilizer, which would mean > 5.6 mg/kg in moisture reduced form.

Ginkgo
#31 Posted : 4/17/2010 11:02:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found the first page of a paper from Michael T. Smith, the researcher referred to at Mycotopia, identifying DMT in an extract from Ecklonia maxima. It would really help if someone could dig out the whole article!

Ginkgo
#32 Posted : 4/19/2010 5:14:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been in contact with a producer for a Ecklonia maxima fertilizer, they state that no quantitative data on DMT in E. maxima is published, not even in the paper linked to in my last post. So if this really is a potential source or not is unknown, perhaps someone with extensive knowledge should order the fertilizer and do a test extraction?

I don't want to do this, as I have no idea if the other substances will survive the extraction, and in that case if they can pose any threat when concentrated. Although I very strongly doubt that it is toxic, as the fertilizer is dried and then fed to animals without even one published report of toxicity.

#33 Posted : 4/19/2010 8:21:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

since I started reading this thread, I have been unable to stop thinking about clown fish.
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

ms_manic_minxx
#34 Posted : 4/20/2010 5:31:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All those creatures at the bottom of the ocean must have SOME way of seeing things...

Oh my goodness, this is so fascinating, please share more information!!

Algae are powerful...
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Wyald
#35 Posted : 7/23/2015 5:30:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was looking through old threads and I found this. Very interesting topic, any body have any info on aquatically sourced entheogens?
Open your mind and expand your conscious.

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#36 Posted : 9/23/2015 2:29:32 AM

The future's uncertain and The End is always near.

There's probably a whole new class of Psychedelic Substances that, when discovered, will completely change everything we think we know about Psychedelics.

Just like Salvinorin did when it was discovered.

Imagine what's on other planets...

It'll make DMT seem like a puff of mid-grade cannabis.
Heaven existing here between Hell

We surf the transient wave, balancing on our breath, building and destroying until death.

We are the divine creators and destroyers.
We are the portals & black holes.
We choose what we manifest at the present moment in whatever dimension we inhabit.
"We are the ones we've been waiting for" - Hopi Proverb

downwardsfromzero
#37 Posted : 9/24/2015 1:47:56 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

For the record:
Quote:

Family: Alariaceae
Genus: Ecklonia
Species: maxima

Crouch et al. (1992) reported finding DMT in brown seaweed extract sold as Kelpak and intended to be used as a plant fertilizer.(Crouch, I.J., Smith M.T., Van Staden J., Lewis, M.J. & Hoad, G.V. 1992. Identification of auxins in a commercial seaweed concentrate. J. Plant Physiology 139(5), 590-594.) However, subsequent analysis by J. Gartz suggests none is present.

here

Sorry peeps!

It was Gartz, though...

and, does anyone have a ref for that "subsequent analysis by J. Gartz"?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV12