We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[Lexicon] Static Pattern Overlay - SPO Options

wake and bacon
#1 Posted : 7/10/2009 3:16:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Here's another term to add to our repertoire, coined by members smokeydaze and jasons741 in this thread.

Here are the original posts regarding the term...

smokeydaze wrote:

I find it really weird though how the DMT forms and shapes are so articulate and precisely molded and integrated around the actual things in your environment on standard dose. I remember walking home one night after a session and there were these patterns all over the footpath as I was walking down the street. At first I was like, wow thats so cool someone must of just done that, it looked like someone had actually painted/stenciled them on there as it was all one colour and in perfect synchronization with the gravel of the footpath and it wasn't moving. Just as I thought wow someone must of done that, I thought wow NO ONE did that. Looked closer and lit it up the footpath with my lighter and saw nothing there.. stood up again and was amazed at these intricate patterns stenciled all over the footpath by our DMT ancestors. I get allot of that kind of static copy pattern overlay trickery, I find it really interesting! but unnerving at the same time when you think to yourself.. how on earth?!

and jasons741's response...

jasons741 wrote:

Smokey, The static pattern overlay(SPO?) is the way 'they' communicate with me on lower doses. Faces from every ancient era show up in any uniform surface. The best ever was a picture of my favorite fractal. I thought I would be most fascinated by the fractal swirls but the static, slightly irregular monochromatic background showed me more in one square foot than I'd ever seen before. I am always like-'how do they do that?' or 'they are so clever' because you can blink or look away change your point of view and the same image persists!

Since this effect is so broadly experienced, should it not be given a monniker? Is that not the purpose of this place? Please help us add to the lexicon of hyperspace travel.

Please chime in with any extra insight to this effect [if you've experienced it]!
DeadLizard wrote:
Darkbb wrote:
BTW wheres the "Donate" button traveler?

There are 2 ways to donate
one is called "Post Reply" and the other is called "New Topic"
You will find these buttons at the top and bottom of most pages

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.