We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Dabbing DMT: The Way of the Future Options

Make Shift
#41 Posted : 9/8/2015 6:04:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So to make it less harsh best is to stick to hot water ha? Or I reckon there is no one right answer hahaha.
Yeh FLeP that could be a potential reason, I don't smoke anything at all. I have tried dabbing BHO and that I feel is way harsher than dmt. Maybe because wax vaporises at way higher temperature.
Aaah Flep I recommend you try dabbing dmt once, i'm still an amateur,but having tried the machine 2/3 times, vaporizer once, my own method once....i'd say dabbing was the easiest and most effective, and best part is it was the first time I even used to rig, I hadn't used the dab rig ever before, my first time using dab rig was with dmt along with 2 others who was even seeing the rab rig for the time, and believe me it worked wonder. Hit all 3 of us so damn hard.

With regards to vaping and burning, I think when I put a quantity like 100 a little of it burns leaving a black mark on my ceramic nail, but when using a minute quantity the nail is left absolutely dry with no residue whatsoever. When the temp was higher((in the range 550-600 degree F)) eventhough there was a black mark left(of possible burning) there was no dmt left for sure, but at lower temperature(( in the range 375-480)) there was the light brown dmt oil residue. What do you make of it?
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMTโ€ฌ. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

MelCat
#42 Posted : 9/8/2015 7:51:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wanted to leave this here since it's kinda relevant

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=57976
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Psybin
#43 Posted : 9/8/2015 10:35:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Make Shift wrote:
So to make it less harsh best is to stick to hot water ha? Or I reckon there is no one right answer hahaha.
Yeh FLeP that could be a potential reason, I don't smoke anything at all. I have tried dabbing BHO and that I feel is way harsher than dmt. Maybe because wax vaporises at way higher temperature.
Aaah Flep I recommend you try dabbing dmt once, i'm still an amateur,but having tried the machine 2/3 times, vaporizer once, my own method once....i'd say dabbing was the easiest and most effective, and best part is it was the first time I even used to rig, I hadn't used the dab rig ever before, my first time using dab rig was with dmt along with 2 others who was even seeing the rab rig for the time, and believe me it worked wonder. Hit all 3 of us so damn hard.

With regards to vaping and burning, I think when I put a quantity like 100 a little of it burns leaving a black mark on my ceramic nail, but when using a minute quantity the nail is left absolutely dry with no residue whatsoever. When the temp was higher((in the range 550-600 degree F)) eventhough there was a black mark left(of possible burning) there was no dmt left for sure, but at lower temperature(( in the range 375-480)) there was the light brown dmt oil residue. What do you make of it?

I think it sounds fine. You can try hot water in the rig and see if that helps. Otherwise, you might just be more sensitive being a non-smoker.

Quote:
Does "boiling point" correlate to vaporization temperature?? Possibly add a couple degrees for rapid vaporization.

The temperature which DMT vaporizes is the same as "boiling point"?? If this is true, PubChem lists bp as 60-80C.

Could you heat an electronic nail to say 80-85C and vaporize an entire dose in one lung full without burning/ combustion? Electronic nails hold constant temperature and would be good for experimentation increments of temp - I sadly do not own one.

http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm....ne#section=Boiling-Point

That boiling point they list is under vacuum. Under normal conditions DMT boils closer to 160C. 60-80C would just melt the DMT into goo and oxidize it. You want a solid 250C nail surface temp to vape the DMT efficiently. Remember, the higher the heat the faster the conversion from solid to vapor occurs (latent heat). So to sublimate a dose of DMT crystals I recommend a solid 350C so that the Leidenfrost effect can occur and vape the spice above the surface of the nail.

SpaceIsOnlyNoise
#44 Posted : 9/13/2015 7:14:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, so this is my first post, and all that jazz. Anyhow...
What about a vape straw? Are these hard to find outside of the "cannabis states"? The straw has a mouthpiece and a heat-resistant end, and you torch the end and vape the dab off an ashtray by touching it and inhaling.

How would DMT respond being vaped off a surface? I can't recall from my previous times with spice... does it run if it melts, or is it viscous? I think it would vaporize quickly and maybe be nearly as effective as a rig. Anyone have experience?

Make Shift
#45 Posted : 9/13/2015 9:47:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SpaceIsOnlyNoise wrote:
What about a vape straw? Are these hard to find outside of the "cannabis states"? The straw has a mouthpiece and a heat-resistant end, and you torch the end and vape the dab off an ashtray by touching it and inhaling.

How would DMT respond being vaped off a surface? I can't recall from my previous times with spice... does it run if it melts, or is it viscous? I think it would vaporize quickly and maybe be nearly as effective as a rig. Anyone have experience?

If you keep it on a surface ( any surface) and heat the crystal, almost definitely you will burn it unless you're extremely careful about the temp and keep the flame really away in which case you will have to take quite a long pull.
Yes the crystals will turn oily once heated a little, but won't vaporize unless you heat it up a little further, but as soon as the oil is formed if you start pulling you could prevent the burning.
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMTโ€ฌ. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.

Heyt
#46 Posted : 9/13/2015 2:37:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SpaceIsOnlyNoise wrote:

That would work just fine. Just torch the nail/bowl at the end then dump a dose of spice onto it while inhaling. It will instantly vaporize so no need to worry about runoff. The only possible drawback is the small size, as one of the advantages of dabbing is to get it all in one hit. Still, that's a nifty gadget! Where does one get such a device?

LucidLemonade
#47 Posted : 9/13/2015 5:41:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just to put this out there.

Having a red hot nail in close proximity while under the effects of DMT might not be the safest idea.

Not trying to spoil the party here but PLEASE consider the SAFETY aspects when using this method, thanks.

Love

"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous" - TMK

Make Shift
#48 Posted : 9/14/2015 9:35:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

LucidLemonade wrote:
Just to put this out there.

Having a red hot nail in close proximity while under the effects of DMT might not be the safest idea.

Not trying to spoil the party here but PLEASE consider the SAFETY aspects when using this method, thanks.

Love

I totally agree to that, last time i vaped spice, the dab rig almost slipped out of my hand, luckily nothing happened but my cousin who grabbed it from me, ended up breaking the Zig Zag glass extender and a portion of the carpet due to the super heated nail.

SpaceIsOnlyNoise
#49 Posted : 9/14/2015 5:05:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Actually, the idea with the vape straw is to torch just the tip of the straw. You do not torch the dab tray, and the straw is the nail (the straw is just resting on the dab tray in pic, anything can function as a dab tray). So you have this red-hot circle shape with which to vape your substance as you inhale through the other end, pulling in all vapor. The straw functions both as a heat applicator for the substance and as an inhalation tool.

Does DMT vaporize as readily as BHO? The surface the dab rests on stays cool. If one is inefficient and does not take it all before the straw cools, there would be DMT oil left melted on the tray. However, the straw reaches approx. the same temp as a nail/rig, so I see it working fine. I will test the vape straw method when I run my extraction numero uno Very happy

Quote:
Still, that's a nifty gadget! Where does one get such a device?

I would say a head shop, but perhaps that's only in Colorado? I have a bubbler, but there are "low-tech" versions, i.e. anything tube-shaped and with a carb. They were all over the web when I went looking for a picture.

Heyt
#50 Posted : 9/14/2015 7:42:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ooooh, so it's a Nectar Collector? Someone posted a thread about that I believe or maybe it was in this thread. Anyways they said it worked better than anything else they'd tried, so give it a shot! Dabs are life, dabs are future! Love Razz

Make Shift
#51 Posted : 9/15/2015 7:47:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dabbing is surely the way to go for freebase DMT, hands down.

steppa
#52 Posted : 9/15/2015 9:47:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Heyt wrote:
Where does one get such a device?

I recently ordered one on DHgate. I'm pleased of what I read here. Big grin I bought it for BHO but I think I'll also try it as a method of DMT aplication.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Make Shift
#53 Posted : 9/15/2015 10:06:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

steppa wrote:
Heyt wrote:
Where does one get such a device?

I recently ordered one on DHgate. I'm pleased of what I read here. Big grin I bought it for BHO but I think I'll also try it as a method of DMT aplication.

Did you get it delivered from DHGate ? Been checking them out, got good stuff, but i'm skeptical about their sellers.

steppa
#54 Posted : 9/15/2015 10:13:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not yet. It was supposedly sent out and shall arrive between 25.09. and 06.10. We'll see.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

vin9x
#55 Posted : 9/15/2015 7:50:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just wanted say that the GVG is basically foolproof as well when using the straight (cylindrical) ceramic filter of the wooden VG with pre-molten freebase (even when aiming for one-hit breakthroughs).
In my opinion, it is much more practical and probably also more efficient.

Heyt
#56 Posted : 9/15/2015 10:36:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vin9x wrote:
I just wanted say that the GVG is basically foolproof as well when using the straight (cylindrical) ceramic filter of the wooden VG with pre-molten freebase (even when aiming for one-hit breakthroughs).
In my opinion, it is much more practical and probably also more efficient.

Have you actually tried dabbing it though? I think you'll find there's a huge difference when you do. Thumbs up

The GVG is great, but dabbing has certain advantages.

vin9x
#57 Posted : 9/16/2015 2:32:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Could you give me a list of the advantages because honestly I don't really see how it gets easier than smoking a bowl?
That's how foolproof the GVG+ceramic disc+torch lighter setup is and I can safely say that because I am still a complete newbie but still had great success Very happy
You don't have to worry about burning the dmt, (molten) dmt falling into the pipe, not having dense or cold enough vapor, turning the dmt into goo before dabbing or having a hot nail around.

Plus, you can weigh and melt different doses into different ceramic discs comfortably at home and then go outside with a few friends and let the pipe rotate (you can also weigh the discs afterwards to see if the full dose was actually inhaled).

Once again, this only goes for the original straight ceramic filters of the wooden VG.
I have also tested steel wool (modified Volcano liquid pad), multiple screens and a glass liquid pad and found the ceramic filter much more efficient and easier to handle while also fitting perfectly into the (green label) GVG bowl (without additional screens).
Maybe I will post a picture later...

Anyway, I will give dabbing a try when I get the chance to do so.

Heyt
#58 Posted : 9/16/2015 4:39:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

vin9x wrote:
Could you give me a list of the advantages because honestly I don't really see how it gets easier than smoking a bowl?
That's how foolproof the GVG+ceramic disc+torch lighter setup is and I can safely say that because I am still a complete newbie but still had great success Very happy
You don't have to worry about burning the dmt, (molten) dmt falling into the pipe, not having dense or cold enough vapor, turning the dmt into goo before smoking or having a hot nail around.

Plus, you can weigh and melt different doses into different ceramic discs comfortably at home and then go outside with a few friends and let the pipe rotate (you can also weigh the discs afterwards to see if the full dose was actually inhaled).

Once again, this only goes for the original straight ceramic filters of the wooden VG.
I have also tested steel wool (modified Volcano liquid pad), multiple screens and a glass liquid pad and found the ceramic filter much more efficient and easier to handle while also fitting perfectly into the (green label) GVG bowl (without additional screens).
Maybe I will post a picture later...

Anyway, I will give dabbing a try when I get the chance to do so.

I think you're inventing issues without having tried it hahaha. The DMT vaporizes before it even touches the nail, so there's no goo, melting, burning or whatever else - just a beautiful explosion of instant vapor half a cm above the nail. The advantages I've personally found having tried dabbing and GVG is that the vapor is far less harsh and pungent tasting with dabbing, it is much easier to clear all the vapor in a single hit, less residue/wasted DMT, being able to set the rig on a table and not have to touch it or handle a hot pipe and torch, only having to operate the torch BEFORE entering hyperspace rather than while vaping, requiring almost no skill or technique/practice to achieve perfect vaporization, etc.

I admit it's not as portable as a GVG if you blast off in nature, though I've personally dabbed spice on a 1000ft cliff before with no issue as far as operation of the rig and torch and transportation of materials. There's nothing wrong with the GVG, but a lot of people prefer water filtration for cool, flavorless vapor. The other strange advantage IME is that a dose of DMT dabbed seems to blast me off harder and much much faster than the same dose in the GVG. I think it might have to do with the fact that dabbing requires very little skill or practice to achieve instantaneous vaporization. Dropping DMT onto a hot pocket of air on top of a hot nail seems to be a much faster way of vaporizing DMT compared to manually sucking hot air over the DMT at a slower rate (on the scale of milliseconds).

Get a rig and try it out. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. When I started this thread on my old account it was because I was so flabbergasted at how well dabbing worked. When I tried it I fully expected for the DMT to burn and not work at all, since no one had really reported any success with the method. I soon realized it was because no one had tried it. Pleased Suffice to say, my normal comfy easy going dose which I had always used in the GVG (30mg) hyperslapped me so f*cking hard that I was still halfway in hyperspace for the next few weeks. Talk about an afterglow! Shocked

slugware
#59 Posted : 9/16/2015 4:01:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey, Heyt

i've never used rigs and have never dabbed, but i stumbled upon this thread and am now interested in this ROA.

Approximately how much would it cost to get myself a rig that works for this purpose? I am now basically informing myself on rigs and i don't have a clue about them.. i see there are differnt nail types, different temperatures to dab..Recommend some online stores i could get it from or is DIY an option here ? Or simply inform me on yours as an effective solution for the purpose. I saw the pictures on page one of the thread but they don't explain much to me Very happy
i've been only rolling reefers ever so far ;D

Make Shift
#60 Posted : 9/16/2015 4:27:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Slugware,

I have tried the machine, and e vaporizer and another method, have never broke through even with more than 50-75 mg. Also it requires multiple hits.
But with the dab rig, with as little as 30 mg it hit me very hard, just one easy hit. My friend and broke through too, best part, we're all using the dab rig for the first time ever. Dabbing is the way to go for free base, hands down.

This is mine, costs something in the range 150$.
It might not be portable as other device or to keep it in the pocket, but trust me, it's worth every bit. Almost absolutely no waste too.
Make Shift attached the following image(s):
11992243_1015111168520631_208436757_n.jpg (142kb) downloaded 442 time(s).

PREV12345NEXT»