We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How many Liberty Caps per gram? Options

Ginkgo
#1 Posted : 6/22/2009 10:14:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am wondering about how many Liberty Caps (Psilocybe semilanceata) one gram of dried material is? Of course the size will vary alot, but I am just interested in a roughly estimate.

Thank you in advance! Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 6/22/2009 10:19:17 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

35 caps weight around 1 gram

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Ginkgo
#3 Posted : 6/22/2009 10:25:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you! By "caps" you mean "Liberty Caps," not only the caps of the mushrooms, right? Pleased

psychosisdoses
#4 Posted : 6/22/2009 10:40:33 PM

Derek

me thinks this is a very difficult question to answer...
as you already stated they will vary alot..
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

Ginkgo
#5 Posted : 6/23/2009 12:53:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, they will vary alot, but I am looking for the average... Pleased

Someone else told me +- 25. Anyone else with some thoughts?

psychosisdoses
#6 Posted : 6/23/2009 1:03:34 AM

Derek

Evening Glory wrote:
Yes, they will vary alot, but I am looking for the average... Pleased

Someone else told me +- 25. Anyone else with some thoughts?

iv never seen said shroomys but 25??? are they like really tiny or somthing?
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

Observant
#7 Posted : 6/23/2009 1:50:44 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

We take around 30 Liberty Caps per dose

Cant wait for the Shroom Hunting in Autumn
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

TheNtt
#8 Posted : 6/23/2009 2:10:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Observant wrote:
We take around 30 Liberty Caps per dose

Cant wait for the Shroom Hunting in Autumn

It seems to me that you're referring to taking 30 FRESH caps. The question is regarding DRIED liberty caps.
Please correct me if I'm wrong in my assumptions, but I believe 30 dried caps would be WAY TOO many.

Observant
#9 Posted : 6/23/2009 2:24:26 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

Yes am talking about 30 fresh ones - but the Potency won't rise through the drying process - 30 Shrooms stay 30 shrooms -and this is a confirmed average amount my Shroom Hunting Group recommends to its Participants.
They wont be too much ... but one can always take less Wink
My buddy enjoyed smoking about 50mg of Spice during his trip with this dosage.

Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

TheNtt
#10 Posted : 6/23/2009 2:52:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Observant wrote:
Yes am talking about 30 fresh ones - but the Potency won't rise through the drying process - 30 Shrooms stay 30 shrooms -and this is a confirmed average amount my Shroom Hunting Group recommends to its Participants.
They wont be too much ... but one can always take less Wink
My buddy enjoyed smoking about 50mg of Spice during his trip with this dosage.

Are you saying that eating 30 fresh caps will produce the same exact intensity level as 30 dried caps would?
Perhaps that is true.

But it is pretty important not to confuse fresh doses (weight wise) with dried.

30 Fresh caps might weigh 20 grams, while 30 dried caps might only weigh 7 grams. Just want to make sure nobody tries to eat 20 grams of dried mushrooms.

DMTripper
#11 Posted : 6/23/2009 4:13:49 AM

John Murdoch IV

30 medium sized dry Lib caps are around 1 gram. And the dose for a medium strong trip. I actually never count them I always weigh my doses. Usually around 1.3 - 2gr. dry.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

geeg30
#12 Posted : 6/23/2009 2:15:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim doses his Liberties by the shroom and not the weight. Swim likes between 75 - 150 "caps" for a nice strong trip or even more if he is feeling brave. As for dried shrooms he would say between 20 - 40 "caps" per gram (depending on the sizes of the shrooms.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

Jumiem
#13 Posted : 7/9/2009 10:25:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

put a nickel in one bag and rough out aprox 5 grams of lib in the other try and match the weights in the bags then split it up into 1/5ths?
I guess it's about time for our William Tell routine.

Ginkgo
#14 Posted : 7/9/2009 10:59:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a side note, for the ones only experiencing with 1-2 grams, you should really test mushrooms in high doses. In other words, 3 grams or more. Terence McKenna advised people to take 5 gram dried in complete darkness, I agree.

Thank you for the information on the weight. Soon the shroom season is starting here in Norway! Very happy