We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Dabbing DMT: The Way of the Future Options

Heyt
#21 Posted : 8/27/2015 6:45:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Make Shift wrote:

Hey man, what was the temp when you loaded the nail with the dmt ? did you apply anything on the nail before loading ? did it vap instantly ? i have a carb cap and a ceramic nail, should i see the crystals melt and then put the carb cap and pull ?

Hi Make Shift, this is my new account - my apologies for not responding more quickly. I don't have a laser thermometer, but I've found that heating the nail red hot and then waiting until the moment it switches from glowing to colorless is the optimal time to dab the spice. If done correctly the spice should vaporize in a dramatic cloud above the surface of the nail all at once. Ideally, the nail should be hot enough to super-heat the air directly above it such that the spice vaporizes before touching the nail. It sounds tricky, but is actually rather fool-proof. As I said, the key is to dab it just before or just as the nail transitions from red hot to colorless.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

steppa
#22 Posted : 8/28/2015 6:38:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah. The nail needs to be decently hot so that the Leidenfrost effect kicks in.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Heyt
#23 Posted : 8/28/2015 7:42:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

steppa wrote:
Yeah. The nail needs to be decently hot so that the Leidenfrost effect kicks in.

Wow, so that's what it's called! Thanks steppa, I'm going to add that to the dabbing section of the DMT Wiki. Cool

EDIT: I added it to the Wiki. Also, I just realized that this lets us calculate a minimum nail temperature necessary to properly vape the DMT - assuming that one can be sure of the boiling and vapor points of DMT. How exciting! Big grin

steppa
#24 Posted : 8/28/2015 9:21:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From what I read there, calculating the Leidenfrost point seems not to be an easy task.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Heyt
#25 Posted : 8/28/2015 10:51:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

steppa wrote:
From what I read there, calculating the Leidenfrost point seems not to be an easy task.

Yeah, upon second look you're right. However, as long as the nail is significantly hotter than the boiling point of DMT it should work just fine. If we can get a consensus on what the bp is, than we could roughly estimate the minimum temp you would expect to induce the Leidenfrost Effect. Although an oversimplification, it may have some credence: when experimenting with how hot to get the nail when dabbing DMT, I found a range where the DMT vaporizes visibly above the nail, to the point where it is dramatically visible to the naked eye (and beautiful to watch). If I wasn't so terrified of inhaling spice at the moment, I would make a quick video of what I'm talking about. Although that might not be the safest thing to do, considering exif data. Wink

Make Shift
#26 Posted : 9/2/2015 8:04:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So all of you there, thank you.
I dabbed dmt off of a dab rig, heated the nail to 400 degree F, and then waited a few seconds. And like Heyt said, the thing vaporized instantly even before it actually touched the nail. I use a ceramic one though with carb cap, covered it instantly and pulled slowly. I don't even remember who took the rig from me, my brother and friend were beside me. I blacked out as I had loaded 100 mg Pleased
I was quite certain I was going to die.
Dabbing is undoubtedly the best way to go. One toke and BAM!!

FYI I have tried the machine, e vaporizer, some other medthod too, hands down this is the way to go.
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.

Firemetal420
#27 Posted : 9/2/2015 11:47:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Make Shift wrote:
I dabbed dmt off of a dab rig, heated the nail to 400 degree F, and then waited a few seconds. And like Heyt said, the thing vaporized instantly even before it actually touched the nail. I use a ceramic one though with carb cap, covered it instantly and pulled slowly. I don't even remember who took the rig from me, my brother and friend were beside me. I blacked out as I had loaded 100 mg Pleased

FYI I have tried the machine, e vaporizer, some other medthod too, hands down this is the way to go.

Interesting... this makes me want to try this method. Did you use a torch to heat the nail or is it electronic?
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever

Heyt
#28 Posted : 9/3/2015 1:11:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Make Shift wrote:

One toke and BAM indeed! Glad to hear more people are exploring this route of administration. When I started the thread in March I hadn't seen or heard anything about it on the Nexus, but it seems like now it's starting to catch on. It really is the most instantaneous method of ingestion. Thumbs up The only thing I can compare that feeling to is breaking 200mph in a sports car in traffic or jumping off of a 100ft cliff (I've done some dumb things, I admit). The first time I dabbed the spice I completely broke through and had my ego shattered into dust before I even finished clearing the rig! Shocked

Make Shift
#29 Posted : 9/4/2015 10:39:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, small correction, my friend tells me it was 400 degree celcius and that we loaded the nail at 300 degree celcius which converts too 572 degree F.
I made the mistake of loading the nail with the crystals on a piece of paper and before the crystals touched the nail fully it vaporized instantly melting what was on the paper into oil.
I have read so many people saying glass vapor genie, volcano vaporizer etc is the way to, but all of them requires you to do a minimum of 2 pulls which is a real pain and not to forget how outrageously expensive the volcan vaporizer is.
So yes, hands down a dab rig with a nail and carb cap is the way to go, if you don't have a cap chances are it will completely vaporize into the air before you can actually pull. The key is taking the right breakthrough amount which in my case happens to be 30mg, you can easily take in the entire vapor in on decent small pull of 5 seconds, leaving absolutely no waste or residue. I love the method for the fact that all it takes is one pull and that I have tried other methods in vain.

Yeah man, I use a butane torch, heat the nail for about 30-40 seconds, well if you have the electronic nail even better. But yes best idea is to heat up the nail to say say 600 degree F, wait for about half a minute (ceramic nail retains heat a long time), take some nice deep breathe and then blast off. I used cold water in the rig, but the vapor was still a little harsh, any suggestions on improving this? Maybe water infused with mint or something will help?
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.

3rdI
#30 Posted : 9/4/2015 10:48:35 AM

veni, vidi, spici

Make Shift wrote:
I have read so many people saying glass vapor genie, volcano vaporizer etc is the way to, but all of them requires you to do a minimum of 2 pulls which is a real pain and not to forget how outrageously expensive the volcan vaporizer is.

you can easily get a full dose in a single hit with a GVG or a bong using infused herb/changa

dabbing seems an interestnig way to go though.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

FLeP
#31 Posted : 9/4/2015 2:46:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Make Shift wrote:
but the vapor was still a little harsh, any suggestions on improving this? Maybe water infused with mint or something will help?

It's harsh because you are burning it. 600F is way too high for vaping spice. Try 400F.

Heyt
#32 Posted : 9/4/2015 4:43:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It shouldn't be harsh in my experience, unless it's a very small rig. Try using hot water instead of cold water, it seems to make it less harsh.

Heyt
#33 Posted : 9/4/2015 4:44:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FLeP wrote:
Make Shift wrote:
but the vapor was still a little harsh, any suggestions on improving this? Maybe water infused with mint or something will help?

It's harsh because you are burning it. 600F is way too high for vaping spice. Try 400F.

Heating the nail to 600F doesn't vape the spice at that temp. The Leidenfrost effect causes it to vape on the air above the nail.

Make Shift
#34 Posted : 9/5/2015 6:47:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aha....today again I tried. But the dab tool had BHO sticking to it, so I got a very different taste, very cold feeling, made me cough instantly.

Hot water is better ha? Will try that next time? I turned the crystals into a little goo by heating it on a spoon, but guess I might have burned it a little. 400F ha? Today I think it was 600+.
You're right, the crystals are actually vaporizing even before the impact, but I think that's the best because I seem to be able to get the entire vapor in under 5 seconds of pull.

Make Shift
#35 Posted : 9/7/2015 4:37:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When you dab dmt, the best is to use hot or cold water? In forums about dabbing, different people have different opinions same like the vaporizing point of dmt. Some say cold water is easier on our throat, some say if it's hot water, there will be humidity in the rig making it less harsh and smooth by moisturising our throat.
Which is better and why?

FLeP
#36 Posted : 9/7/2015 4:38:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It doesn't matter, Makeshift. DMT vapor is absolutely as smooth as it gets. If it's not...

you're burning it.

Make Shift
#37 Posted : 9/7/2015 7:27:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't smoke anything FleP, which makes it little harsh for me. I dabbed with normal what and I didn't find it harsh, but I could feel it going down the throat, just wanted to know if temp in water would make a difference.
Like I said earlier, my temp would be in the range of 400-500 degree F when I drop the crystals onto the nail. You recommend to keep it lower? But just to know, will hot water ease the vapor effect by moisturising the throat? Is dabbing your way of blasting away?

Also have you had a breakthrough where there is nothing except the feeling of death, no fractals, no patters, but immense feeling of paranoia and restlessness and fear?

FLeP
#38 Posted : 9/8/2015 2:09:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My mistake... maybe. Laughing

You can probably still go lower in temperature but maybe the Leidenfrost effect is vaping it properly for you and you are indeed very sensitive. I can't really say because I smoke all kinds of things and dmt is pretty much the easiest thing to hold in comfortably for me. I haven't dabbed it myself, I just have a buddy who's had success with it so I'm watching where it goes. Traditionally people put cold water in bongs and water pipes for a smoother hit.

Psybin
#39 Posted : 9/8/2015 2:38:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FLeP wrote:
My mistake... maybe. Laughing

You can probably still go lower in temperature but maybe the Leidenfrost effect is vaping it properly for you and you are indeed very sensitive. I can't really say because I smoke all kinds of things and dmt is pretty much the easiest thing to hold in comfortably for me. I haven't dabbed it myself, I just have a buddy who's had success with it so I'm watching where it goes. Traditionally people put cold water in bongs and water pipes for a smoother hit.

Cold water gives a cooler vapor but hot water gives one that is more moist and soothing on the throat. It all depends on the rig/bong though, as size and airflow will affect what the optimal working temp is.

Red Eclipse
#40 Posted : 9/8/2015 6:01:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Does "boiling point" correlate to vaporization temperature?? Possibly add a couple degrees for rapid vaporization.

The temperature which DMT vaporizes is the same as "boiling point"?? If this is true, PubChem lists bp as 60-80C.

Could you heat an electronic nail to say 80-85C and vaporize an entire dose in one lung full without burning/ combustion? Electronic nails hold constant temperature and would be good for experimentation increments of temp - I sadly do not own one.

http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm....ne#section=Boiling-Point

PREV1234NEXT»