We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First attempt at Ayahuasca was a spectacular failure. Options

Ron_Jeremy
#1 Posted : 9/5/2015 2:11:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Greetings all,

Let me start by stating that I’m a complete newbie to psychedelics.

After reading about DMT experiences online, I decided to try the recipe for Ayahuasca. I REMOVED 250 grams Acacia confusa root bark powder and 100 grams Syrian Rue seeds online, and prepared the root bark using an amalgamation of recipes I found online.

I’ve read some reports stating that the ACRB should be simmered three times for 30 minutes, while others claim that they simmer much longer to ensure full extraction. I’ve also read that a mixture of 3 parts distilled water to 1 part distilled white vinegar yields a Ph 4, which is ideally acidic for extraction.

With this information, and with the idea that MORE = BETTER, I mixed 50 grams ACRB with 6 cups distilled water and 2 cups distilled white vinegar, and simmered for 21 hours in a Crock Pot on the low setting.

I filtered the solution through a coffee filter to remove the ACRB powder and then used egg tek to remove the tannins. Finally, I simmered the remaining liquid down to 100 ml, or about 2 ml per gram of root bark.

My Syrian rue seeds had not yet arrived, so I decided on an “alternate” delivery method that I had read eliminated the need for MAOIs. I used about 20 ml of liquid equal to 10 grams of ACRB. Sparing everyone the gory details, I’ll just say it didn’t work.

Undaunted, I searched for alternative natural MAOIs. I found that coffee and ginger are MAOIs, and that coffee contains the harmala alkaloid similar to Syrian Rue. I already had both in my pantry, so I brewed some decaf coffee and swilled several cups along with a dozen ginger root capsules.

After 30 minutes, I took half the remaining liquid, or about 40 ml. I laid in bed waiting for the effects. After another 30 minutes of no effects, I decided, “No guts no glory!” and swallowed the remaining liquid. An hour later, still nada.

The engineer brain is now in hyper-drive trying to determine what went wrong. I’ve come to three possible conclusions:

1. I overcooked the ACRB destroying any active DMT it contained.

2. By using a coffee filter rather than a t-shirt, I actually filtered out any DMT contained in the liquid.

3. The coffee and ginger root were not sufficiently potent MAOIs to make the DMT orally active.

I thought I had done very thorough research. Unfortunately, there is a lot of conflicting information to be found online. Any input from experienced psychonauts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
RJ

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jees
#2 Posted : 9/5/2015 7:30:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Answers to

1) you actually cannot overcook the brew as long as there is water in the pot keeping the temp in control;

2) you used enough vinegar, so the actives are not solid and cannot be caught in any filter;

3) Yes, you need sufficient maoi for it to work, here you failed IMO.

Quote:
so I decided on an “alternate” delivery method that I had read eliminated the need for MAOIs.
What source did you read?

DansMaTete
#3 Posted : 9/5/2015 12:44:10 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Jees nailed it.

I would add, don't be reckless with dosage. If it's quality bark and your MAO are properly inhibited, 40ml (= 20g bark) could lead to a traumatizing experience.
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Ron_Jeremy
#4 Posted : 9/5/2015 12:54:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This was the source of the alternate metod:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1915

Ron_Jeremy
#5 Posted : 9/5/2015 1:57:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try again with Syrian Rue seeds as MAOI.

I had one more thought after my original post. Is it possible that the egg tek removes DMT?

Jees
#6 Posted : 9/5/2015 2:25:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've seen contradicting opinions, but if done well it might just remove very little to neglectable amount. My own experiences say it does not really matter to take into account, and if so one can just dose up a tad to compensate. But always please start low to build up from, that is the eternal general advice. I'd like to hear from others too about egg tek.
I always made sure the tea was acid-ish before the eggs white went in.

travsha
#7 Posted : 9/5/2015 4:59:58 PM

Share Love ~

There actually is no Ayahuasca in your recipe - you are making an analog brew. Ayahuasca is the common name for the caapi vine (caapi being the scientific name). Good distinction.

Making something like Ayahuasca or its analogs is actually more about the MAOI's then about the DMT in my opinion. That is why the tea is named after the vine normally - the vine with the MAOI's is the teacher, and the DMT adds more power and brighter visions. You can get good medicine with some visions just from the MAOI, but drinking just DMT alone is hard to get an effect (there is one brew called Jurema Wine which is just DMT with no MAOI that they drink in Brazil, but I have never tried it).

BTW - you dont need that much vinegar, but you can use that much if you like. I use just a spoonful for an entire pot.

Sounds like you need a better recipe and you also need to be patient enough to wait for all your plants before starting. Cutting corners will make an inferior brew. Really put some time into this and do more research before you try again.

I would also keep your recipe as simple as possible until it works and then try other cooking techs. People start to complicated and something always goes wrong.... Doing 3 real long and simple washes is a good method - and cooking to long is way better then not cooking long enough. Also, make sure you use plenty of water and get a good boil going - I see many people not use enough water and not boil hot enough....

Jees
#8 Posted : 9/6/2015 10:36:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ron_Jeremy wrote:
This was the source of the alternate metod:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1915

That was about anal ROA and snorting in that thread, not what you were planning to do.