We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Burnt MHRB during A/B Extraction? Options

godisenergy
#1 Posted : 9/4/2015 12:01:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM noticed a layer of burnt MHRB powder on the bottom of his pot while doing the first acid bath... Does the molecule tolerate such high heat?

Should I scrape and keep the burnt MHRB at the bottom for my 2nd and 3rd baths? Thanks!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tryptallmine
#2 Posted : 9/4/2015 9:09:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Acid bath or boil? I'm trying to figure out how you'd burn a layer of bark in a 40-50 degree bath?

Sure its not just caked up due to lack of mixing?

sleepermustawaken
#3 Posted : 9/4/2015 1:39:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Same thing has happend to me on my last few cooks, more so during the reducing stage.

While reducing I end up with a few handfulls of the crusty black stuff that looks just like balls of freebase, I was scared at first it my be burnt alkaloids but endlessness informed me that dmt-acetate/dmt-hcl is most probably incredibly resistant to high heat... even like above 300c although I still have personal doubts.

Tryptallmine wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how you'd burn a layer of bark in a 40-50 degree bath?

Are the bottom and sides of the pot 40-50c too?

godisenergy
#4 Posted : 9/4/2015 11:32:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah, meant acid boils. But yeah, had it on medium (lesson learned) and smelled that distinct burning aroma on the bottom… will update with yield… But thanks! That's a relief.

Godsmacker
#5 Posted : 9/5/2015 1:12:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wut? Surprised Confused

Don't worry about it-you're being paranoid. DMT salts have extremely high vaporization points and there is no way in the world it would be degraded or destroyed in boiling. If anything, the smell is coming from other components of the plant and the layer on the bottom is just plant gunk-At 40-50 celcius DMT is going to be dissolved in solution so I would either filter it or keep it around for basification. The burning aroma has no impact on alkaloids and says nothing about them. It just means that the aromatics in the bark might be degraded, and those don't get sucked up into NPS.

Don't worry about it. Keep on going about the extraction-don't think twice it's alright.
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

godisenergy
#6 Posted : 9/5/2015 6:03:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Big grin

Tryptallmine
#7 Posted : 9/6/2015 9:59:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sleepermustawaken wrote:
Same thing has happend to me on my last few cooks, more so during the reducing stage.

While reducing I end up with a few handfulls of the crusty black stuff that looks just like balls of freebase, I was scared at first it my be burnt alkaloids but endlessness informed me that dmt-acetate/dmt-hcl is most probably incredibly resistant to high heat... even like above 300c although I still have personal doubts.

Tryptallmine wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how you'd burn a layer of bark in a 40-50 degree bath?

Are the bottom and sides of the pot 40-50c too?

I put a riser inside the pot - so the glass vessel never comes in contact with the pot surface. Generally let the temp stabilize - turn off the heat source then bath it. So yes they would be pretty close.