We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
light effecting the brightness of the experience Options

3rdI
#1 Posted : 9/3/2015 10:33:45 AM

veni, vidi, spici

i have had a bit of a break from my Magical adventures recently but this week i dived back in.

I have dosed each night this week and noticed a strange effect. I normally dose in complete darkness and have never had any issues with the illumination of the experience, but this week the visuals have been very dark/subdued/faded, they have been there and the texture of them is slightly pronounced but the brightness seems to have been turned right down to the point of unnoticeable.

Mon/Tues doses provided what i would class as an eye candy experience, i was present and observing but I knew i was lying on the floor in my house. the dose was enough to illicit a pronounced carrier wave vibration and produce an endless field of visuals. Both of these should have produced noticeable illumination of the visuals but didnt. the ratio of aspects of the experience seemed very out.

Last nights dose was a little larger and provided a fully immersive experience, but again the illumination was severely lacking, all the other bells and whistles were there and the landscape could be made out but wasnt very prominant, it should have been full on but alas no lovely colourfull madness.

Now i know things change and the experience isnt one thing or another, and im still happy with what i got, but what i would like to know is if this has happened to anyone else?
Ive got another couple of dark room experiences to go this week and next week i will investigate adding light to the room.

Has anyone gone from prominant colours in the dark to no colours without some lighting in the room?

cheers

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Global
#2 Posted : 9/3/2015 12:22:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

This is how DMT has typically worked for me. Dark rooms tend to provide dark, cool colors. Adding light to the room makes the colors more and more saturated with more warm colors. Hypermatter behaves differently in the presence of physical light as well because of the vibrational interaction. Being that so many of my experiences in the dark aren't that colorful, I haven't traveled in the dark nearly as much as in the light, but still a good helping of times. I've never had an experience in the dark that rivals the colors of experiences in the light. I am more than sure based on what I read around here that this is not the same for others. I'm sure if I did it in the dark enough, I would see the vibrancy eventually, but I also like being able to see every detail of everything that is in the room with me, and for myself, I just don't have that assurance in the dark. I know that a lot of people prefer indirect lighting, but I'm actually a fan of rather bright lighting.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

#3 Posted : 9/3/2015 4:02:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Sometimes that's just the nature of the experience for me, dark or light room.

I used to do alot of my experience's in light, especially outside under blue sky and sun, just the heavy pastel, melting coloration with outdoors in that type of lighting was always so blissful. Light indoors though compared to outdoors, always felt different ime, not as deeply saturated and soothing. Although indoors with light has always been really beautiful for me.

Lately though (past few years), i've dealt strictly with dim lighting or darkness when smoking. Lately, it's just been straight darkness. Seeing the multitude and depth of color in darkness has always fascinated me; just seeing what can actually 'be' without any other lighting. The last smoked experience though, I smoked a whopper of a dose, and i definitely wasn't short on any color that i might have missed if it were in light. It was pretty blinding tbh; deer in the headlights of hyperspace. Big grin

3rdI
#4 Posted : 9/3/2015 10:42:09 PM

veni, vidi, spici

cheers fella's.

ive dosed outside before in the middle of the day and had lovely results but I have never really noticed the difference in illumination between that and darkness.

I guess it could just be what im meant to get at this juncture but its just odd that its so different to normal, but then again what do i expect, different and odd is par for the courseLaughing

i just dosed again in the dark, with more than yesterday, and it was immersive but similar in illumiation. Im heading to the woods on saturday so i guess i will see what a bit of sunlght will give me.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

starway6
#5 Posted : 9/3/2015 10:55:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive had a dmt trip where in a darkened room i closed my eyes and observed a blinding band of white light going from top to bottom of a mental grid just before a breakthrough at some level..

Ive been wanting to experiment with yellow sunglasses or red ones in day time ..to see what effect it would have on my dmt visuals...

Someone should try the sunglass experament..!

Global
#6 Posted : 9/4/2015 2:24:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Tattvamasi wrote:
Light indoors though compared to outdoors, always felt different ime, not as deeply saturated and soothing. Although indoors with light has always been really beautiful for me.

For the way DMT works for me and from my perspective, the difference isn't indoor/outdoor lighting so much as it is an issue of indoor/outdoor spacing

For me, there is this very obvious effect that when I go outside, everything balloons out gigantically. The fine detail and even color perception are lost in the imagery such that I get the sensation that I'm staring at bobbing cruise ships or other megalithic holograms. Especially with the sun out (which is the only way I've really traveled outdoors), the primary color is red, overpowering the typical subtle color palette. Small rooms on the other hand keep all the imagery very up close, tight, detailed and in my face. For me, hyperspace fills the physical room I am in like a fluid. It took me a while in to realize this, but it eventually became very obvious. My preference is to be indoors in a rather large, clear room (something I don't really have in my home). Obviously vaulted or domed rooms would be ideal. The open sense of space is very subtle and spellbinding.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

Global
#7 Posted : 9/4/2015 2:26:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
Ive had a dmt trip where in a darkened room i closed my eyes and observed a blinding band of white light going from top to bottom of a mental grid just before a breakthrough at some level..

Ive been wanting to experiment with yellow sunglasses or red ones in day time ..to see what effect it would have on my dmt visuals...

Someone should try the sunglass experament..!

I've tried using my proteus mind machine, which uses "sunglasses" but they don't really let light in, and they have flashing LEDs on the inside. I can tell you that when I use that, hyperspace becomes primarily red or green with all the fine fibers of hyperspace revealed. There are many that are obscured by the light and color of hyperspace, but when they are so "violently" overpowered, all of the vectors of the holograms are laid bare before the eyes.

Pihuechenyi
#8 Posted : 9/4/2015 9:53:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have the same thing now, but it wasn't always like that. It started one evening when I was smoalking at home. I kept the light on whilst vaporizing, the effects began and then I switched the light off to just be in candlelight while the effects continued to build. As soon as I switched the light off all of the visuals went black and white. For some reason I can't recall this was quite a scary trip and it took me a while to build up my courage again.

The effects persist now and if i'm just in candlelight visuals will be dark or grey colours. I'm not sure what to do about it as I don't want to trip with blazing lights and my summer outside smoking is coming to an end.

DisEmboDied
#9 Posted : 9/6/2015 9:25:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To me, light totally makes a huge difference. The best is outside in the sunlight. I think it is just because your retinas are being affected, so you can see more and better. Sunlight is the key, even if it is through a window, going onto a wall...
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

starway6
#10 Posted : 9/9/2015 9:46:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OOPS!
By mistake..I just mixed some recently extracted dmt in with my Syrian Rue extract!

Ill have to mark the tincture bottle so i know what to expect ...Wink

About light effecting the trip it does a lot for me..

I find that adding some cappi extract with vaped spice.. extends my color band width almost to infinity..

I suspect wearing bright yellow or red sun glasses out side in the sun or maybe in a lit room may produce some interesting effect.. because with yellow sun glasses you are affecting the color part of the brain when its already sailing through hyperspace !

Perfectly lit rooms make every object very interesting to me..its almost as if i was seeing these objects for the first time..[bright colored shiny plastic world] things like a remote control sitting on a table can become a brightly lit city at night or seeing a seperate world in every fiber in my carpet causes me to become catonic as i stare into these miniture worlds in my carpet...

light is awesome!

unclesyd
#11 Posted : 9/9/2015 10:37:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Light effects your trip. Obviously different filters,ie sunglasses, completely dark room, etc. Probably restating obvious but lightwaves hiting eyelids will dramatically play into your CEVs.

Now that it continues like you said is weird to say the least. I am thinking the darkness of the trip and your fears of this recurring, even if you think you can "man up", might not be sufficient.

So your fears are causing these light fluctuations not the light itself?? Just a different thought.
Remember, if the women dont find you handsome.....they might as well find you handy.

3rdI
#12 Posted : 9/9/2015 11:05:03 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Pihuechenyi wrote:
The effects persist now and if i'm just in candlelight visuals will be dark or grey colours. I'm not sure what to do about it as I don't want to trip with blazing lights and my summer outside smoking is coming to an end.

how about a dimmer to slowly raise the light? ive just ordered another couple of salt lamps to add a nice glow to my smoalking room.

unclesyd wrote:
Light effects your trip. Obviously different filters,ie sunglasses, completely dark room, etc. Probably restating obvious but lightwaves hiting eyelids will dramatically play into your CEVs.

Now that it continues like you said is weird to say the least. I am thinking the darkness of the trip and your fears of this recurring, even if you think you can "man up", might not be sufficient.

So your fears are causing these light fluctuations not the light itself?? Just a different thought.

the thing that makes it odd to me is that light has never effected my experiences, daylight, moonlight, candle light and darkness have all been the same once i lay back and close my eyes, until now.

ive not been fearful of these experiences at all, by dark i mean no light, not scary or frightening. i enjoyed what i got on all 4 occasions and one of them was excellent, the kind of experience thats makes you bite down on the duvet to muffle the wooping so the neighbours dont hear.

my salt lamps will arrive on friday so hopefully i will get around to harnessing there lovely glow. thanks for the input folksThumbs up
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

Spaced Out 2
#13 Posted : 9/12/2015 1:11:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had this happen mainly with the changa, free base has always been colorful and vibrant regardless dark or light in the room. Normally even with changa I sit outside late at night and the dark doesn't make a difference. There has been several times where I feel the wave and all the body sensations but its almost like the wool has been pulled over my eyes but could almost still see shadows of some sort almost examining me. It even felt dark in nature. This was in brightly lit room mind you.

It happens vary rarely and most time's I just figure it's some kind of variance in the changa just because it doesn't seem to or has not happened with free base yet. Or spice just doesn't want to show me anything that day. It does seem strange though when it happens concerning I feel all other aspects of the trip.

anne halonium
#14 Posted : 9/12/2015 9:56:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this one fascinates me , as me and maid have been interested in this for yrs.

due to all my LED lights , and the ability to control color range and power,
we can definately create a mood.

naturally , in all trips there are variables.
we have come to the conclusion that light color and intensity does have an effect.
that said, mileage may vary , effects may be subtle , and individuals may react differently at different times even under similar lighting effects......

we tend to think monochrome color minimizes visuals, but sets mood better.
for visuals a 7k mixed spectra, just below sunglasses power , gives for bright magic visuals.

our fave thing lately,
is to start out under LED 680 red for the climb phase.
once over the top crisp wash of 6500-7k floods make things bright " daytime happy",
and boost visuals......
upon come down we go back to red or red blue washes.

when we have tripped under non LED lighting ( flouro)
we have found it disturbing (also we can hear ballasts)
fortunately , the club has LED lights now.
so unless outside, most all trips under LED anymore.
IMO the future holds well for us with lighting tech.

we didnt realize how oppressive tube and bubs lights were till we switched.....

i never wander far peeps.
just very busy lately.
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.