We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Washing excess acid from mescaline citrate? Options

DividedByTheHorizon
#1 Posted : 7/8/2009 4:58:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM did his first A/B mescaline extraction over the course of the last few days, and salted out the alkaloids with citric acid. Got a few grams, took 500 mgs, and it was inactive. SWIM figures that this is because of an excess of citric acid in the finished product, does anyone have any idea how he could wash this out?
Please note that I am completely and totally off the wall stark raving mad, and that anything I post is simply a reflection of my poor mental hygiene, and is in no way meant to be taken seriously by anyone.

Thank you ....

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#2 Posted : 7/8/2009 5:52:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You should have used the d-limonene tech based on vinegar. The main reason it was created was because so many people had trouble using the citric acid techs for that very same reason.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

DividedByTheHorizon
#3 Posted : 7/8/2009 6:27:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh well, SWIM will figure something out. I'll check back with status reports if any progress is made.
Please note that I am completely and totally off the wall stark raving mad, and that anything I post is simply a reflection of my poor mental hygiene, and is in no way meant to be taken seriously by anyone.

Thank you ....

LemonScented
#4 Posted : 7/8/2009 7:55:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

swim had the same problem... try upping the dose slowly. swim's was bad, in one attempt he took in excess of 8 grams. the only result was heartburn. either the a/b extraction with citric acid dilutes the mescaline to huge level or the cactus itself is bunk. in swim's case he blames both factors.

DividedByTheHorizon
#5 Posted : 7/8/2009 10:03:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm. Just a thought, but would it be possible for SWIM to re-basify his citrate with sodium carbonate, pull with xylene, and re-salt with a different acid?

Thank you ....

69ron
#6 Posted : 7/8/2009 10:57:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can add hydrochloric acid to it as is. That will convert the mescaline citrate into mescaline HCL. There's no need to freebase it. Add a little, then mix it. If it doesn't smell like hydrochloric acid after mixing, add more until a slight smell of hydrochloric acid remains after mixing it. That way you know all the citrates converted to hydrochlorides. Then wash all the excess citric acid away with acetone. It's pretty easy. Mescaline hydrochloride is insoluble in acetone while citric acid is very soluble in it.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Seven
#7 Posted : 7/9/2009 2:32:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim had 1.3g of citrate after 2 pulls from 100 g of peruvian. Swim could tell there was citric acid mixed in, its kind of gooey and not white. So he washed it with ice cold water through a filter, leaving a very white powder. Hes drying the rest of the water that washed through, just in case some mesc went with it. He was left with 700mg in the end. Is this an average yield for a citrate tek? Swims going to do the other 100 g with hcl to compare.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.