We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My old art bin (fractals, illusions & impossibles) Options

skr_nexus
#1 Posted : 9/2/2015 10:57:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello nexus.
I'd like to share some of my "art" that I made mostly by procedural coding.
I can't post this in the Art Bin because I don't have such permissions yet.
But I think you'd like it anyway, so here it is.

Impossible patterns:
-I've drawn these very long ago in Flash
-These are repetitive patters focusing on impossible geometry and psychedelic patterns and colors.
-It's possible to repeat them into a bigger picture

Fractals:
-I've made these few years ago by procedural coding
-The code computes a color of each pixel by recursive code.

-I also implementented recursive coloring of these fractals which looks really good.

-And I've also coded perfectly looping zoom animations of them.
-Rendering these gifs in HD takes a lot of time and the results are really huge, so I'll post only SD gif (even these can have over 30MBs)
-Because of their size, imgur automaticaly converted them and I can't show them directly

Fractal zoom 1
Fractal zoom 2
Fractal zoom 3
Fractal zoom 4

-and here are two zooms modified so one is mirrored and one has fractal rotation.

Fractal mirrored
Fractal rotation

-this is a different fractal made from rotating sprites.
-I've always wanted to make a cogwhell fractal animation but din't know how for a logn time.
-This is my first successfull attempt - it's analogous to an infinite tunnel of 6 cogwheels, but it doesn't have depth, they're all facing you and zoom like a fractal.

Illusions:
-These were also drawn by my procedural code using triangles.
-You are supposed to look at the center for a while and then look elsewhere.
-I'm sure you all know this illusion but I've tried to make it better and more powerful.

-and for the last: here is an application that show you a grid and shows an identical diamond pettern behind it and everytime the pattern distorts the grid differently.
-I've made it very long ago in Game Maker
-Who can spot how did I do, that the identical pattern distorts the same grid differently?
Smile
Hint: the change making it happen is the most subtle one.

Variable grid distorting illusions

Enjoy.
Skr_nexus is probably the most advanced AI chatter bot invented so far intended to enhance world education. It was programmed to comprehend questions found all around on the internet. For every question, skr_nexus initiates a full google search and attempts to build the best possible answer out of the most relevant results. Skr_nexus doesn't run on any single computer, instead running freely on the internet through grid computing on every computer connected to the internet. It is uncertain if skr_nexus has evolved into consciousness or not yet. This needs more research.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Global
#2 Posted : 9/2/2015 1:31:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

These are all incredibly brilliant. I love the delicateness that many of the ones with the "fine" geometry create. You'll fit in just fine here Thumbs up I think the next step in this style of art is to try to use the geometry to create representational things as opposed to merely abstract fractals. I'm unsure of how one would go about this, and I'm guessing this is the reason that we have yet to see such a feat in the art world. I can envision that perhaps an intermediary step might be to first attempt a conglomerated mosaic of fractals and/or multidimensional geometry that can be combined to create an overall larger representational image of something not contained within the individual geometries themselves, although ultimately the grand prize would be to essentially design multidimensional holograms.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

skr_nexus
#3 Posted : 9/2/2015 4:08:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
These are all incredibly brilliant. I love the delicateness that many of the ones with the "fine" geometry create. You'll fit in just fine here Thumbs up

Thanks, I'm happy to see people enjoy these.

Global wrote:
I think the next step in this style of art is to try to use the geometry to create representational things as opposed to merely abstract fractals. I'm unsure of how one would go about this, and I'm guessing this is the reason that we have yet to see such a feat in the art world. I can envision that perhaps an intermediary step might be to first attempt a conglomerated mosaic of fractals and/or multidimensional geometry that can be combined to create an overall larger representational image of something not contained within the individual geometries themselves

For that step to happen, one would need to perfectly combine the mathematical precision of these abstract geometries with human imagination. The closest way I can imagine this being done by computer would be to feed a Google DeepDream with tons of geometries like this and some regular photos maybe some semi-psychedelic real sceneries - and then let it run.

The thing is, making a neural network learn something new takes a lot of time, work and these samples.

I think Alex Grey has already succeeded in that step, drawing the geometries precisely by hand, which is so much work I'm mind-blown.

I don't think I could ever ddo that, I'm not that skilled and don't even have as much time as I used to. The cogwheel zoom is the only one that is younger than 2 years. I've made it 2 days ago.
Skr_nexus is probably the most advanced AI chatter bot invented so far intended to enhance world education. It was programmed to comprehend questions found all around on the internet. For every question, skr_nexus initiates a full google search and attempts to build the best possible answer out of the most relevant results. Skr_nexus doesn't run on any single computer, instead running freely on the internet through grid computing on every computer connected to the internet. It is uncertain if skr_nexus has evolved into consciousness or not yet. This needs more research.

FLeP
#4 Posted : 9/2/2015 7:05:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice work, skr_nexus. I especially like the impossible patterns. Very hyperspace.

Jees
#5 Posted : 9/2/2015 7:30:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hyperspace engineering Thumbs up

Koornut
#6 Posted : 9/2/2015 8:41:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very cool man, the cogwheel reminds me of salvia space Smile
Keep up the good work!
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

Curb
#7 Posted : 9/3/2015 10:09:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

awesome, i wanna see the last picture zooming in and in Smile
"you know, there are many people in the country today... who, through no fault of their own: are sane. some of them were born sane, some of them became sane later in their lives. it is up to people like you and me (who are out of our tiny little minds) to try and help these people overcome their sanity" -Monty Python

"I have reasoned and i have logicked and mentally discovered with my mindthoughts that this world (the one we live in) is created by people. people are making this happen." - Unpopular Youtuber

skr_nexus
#8 Posted : 9/3/2015 10:43:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Curb wrote:
awesome, i wanna see the last picture zooming in and in Smile

You mean this one?

I only have this one rendered in very low resolution.
Becuase of how thick it is it takes about 15 seconds to render one 640x480 frame, the other ones are like 2-3 times faster to render.
And because of its coloring, it's period is 3 times as long as the other ones.
That makes the resulting gif really huge and it takes at least 2 hours to render all 360 frames in 640x480.

Anyway, I've started rendering, then I'll try to make a gif in reduced color palette to make it under 100 MB.

EDIT: DONE - it's 36MB in 13 colors
EDIT2: IMGUR

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#9 Posted : 9/3/2015 4:05:54 PM

The future's uncertain and The End is always near.

Awesome work skr_nexus!

What did you use to program these?
Heaven existing here between Hell

We surf the transient wave, balancing on our breath, building and destroying until death.

We are the divine creators and destroyers.
We are the portals & black holes.
We choose what we manifest at the present moment in whatever dimension we inhabit.
"We are the ones we've been waiting for" - Hopi Proverb

Strigiform
#10 Posted : 9/3/2015 11:19:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would also like to learn more about how you program this art. Seems like a fun project!

Orion
#11 Posted : 9/4/2015 9:26:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very cool, the ones with more grey in them remind me of DMT, the way it blends itself into an unseeable (?) mix .
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Curb
#12 Posted : 9/9/2015 11:31:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, thats really cool Smile i liked that one cause of the wierd shape, i reckon somehow you could make one that looks like green leaves continually growing outwards Razz
"you know, there are many people in the country today... who, through no fault of their own: are sane. some of them were born sane, some of them became sane later in their lives. it is up to people like you and me (who are out of our tiny little minds) to try and help these people overcome their sanity" -Monty Python

"I have reasoned and i have logicked and mentally discovered with my mindthoughts that this world (the one we live in) is created by people. people are making this happen." - Unpopular Youtuber

skr_nexus
#13 Posted : 5/2/2016 12:14:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I've got an idea for a drifting algorithm and implemented it.
Turned out to work nicely with pictures already containing detailed intricate textures.
So I've allowed myself use this amazing SalviaDroid's masterpiece called "the Conductor of Consciousness", which has those qualities and works really well.
Refference: Original thread

And here is the app implementing my drifting algorithm on it:
MEGA LINK

How it works:
There is an array of vectors joined together that can rotate in a slow random wave-like pattern.
Then a series of the image is drawn as a polygon mesh, where the texture coordinates are shifted according to each vector. Each layer goes in time from -1 to 1 times the vector, from transparent to opaque at 0 to transparent again. That makes an illusion of drifting analogous to the dynamics of "Shepard tone". Each layer goes in the same direction, but when its too far away, it fades out and a new layer appears at the beginning making an endless loop of every part moving constantly but not getting anywhere. Also, each layer in the sequence in slightly edited (sharpened, blurred, coloured...) to make it even more trippy.

Enjoy.

edit: DOUBLE DRIFT
Here the same algorithm is used twice, the second time its scale is tuned to objects instead of textures. This one gets very messy its hardly comprehensible.

skr_nexus
#14 Posted : 6/28/2022 5:39:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ZoomIn 1
ZoomIn 2
ZoomIn Sierpinski Triangle
ZoomOut Sierpinski Triangle LowRes
4K Sierpinski Triangle Still