We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Used white gasoline. Smell wont go Options

AIRDOG
#1 Posted : 8/25/2015 2:54:24 PM
Padawan

Hi my nexians I used white gasoline to make a re-X, since someone told me it was the same as nafta and it worked to make crystals...

but this thing is taking forever to fully evaporate... the material just stinks of this white gas....

I distilled the thing to make sure of 0 residuals, what can i do to clean it and take away that awful white gas smell.???

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 8/25/2015 3:08:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can try redisolving in ethanol/IPA/acetone and evaporating. Wont leave you with nice crystals, more likely waxy stuff, but its perfectly smokable.

Or you can redissolve in acetone/ipa and do FASA/FASI, and then convert fumarates back to freebase like described in BLAB tek.

BongWizard
#3 Posted : 9/2/2015 2:12:09 PM

Hyperspace Cowboy

Wash with sodium carbonate solution
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.

Orion
#4 Posted : 9/2/2015 3:49:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In case any of the above don't work out, here's something I observed:

Simply redissolving and evaporating it will release some of the undesirable solvents, but some things like xylene, limonene or white spirit/ petroleum distillates other than hexane and heptane (in common naphtha) can still stick around afterword. Chemical smells can stick around after a mini A/B too as the bad solvent will float and mix into your new pulls.

One way to make sure you remove the solvent is to get to get the trapped solvent to mix with another, then separate the alkaloids from both. To do this you redissolve in another nonpolar solvent like then mix another acidic phase to separate the DMT into a salt form. Siphon off the acidic aqueous phase containing the DMT, freebase it, and pull again with naphtha or something a bit less likely to give off fumes. Slow cooling traps the least solvent and impurities, if you're bothered about any residual naphtha.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

BongWizard
#5 Posted : 9/3/2015 2:23:06 AM

Hyperspace Cowboy

Also worth noting: white spirit (aka stoddards solvent or, rarely, white gas) is very similar to naphtha, although it has a higher allowable concentration of cyclic and aromatic hydrocarbons (hence, the smell).

Also, please don't reply to correct me about white spirit not being stoddards solvent. I know. But that doesn't mean I haven't bought a bottle that said "White Spirit" and then (in *slightly* smaller letters) "Stoddards Solvent"
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.

Nathanial.Dread
#6 Posted : 9/3/2015 4:55:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Real white gas should evap clean - it's what I use for fire eating, specifically because it's pretty pure. You might want to look at the brand you're buying.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."