We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dotra - Birth of Gods Game/App - Looking for Beta Testers Options

EternalWonder
#1 Posted : 8/25/2015 8:36:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A small team and I are currently creating a game called Dotra. It's kind of like a cross between Simon and connect the dots, but with a creationist theme of birthing these DMT inspired god like creatures called Tras from cosmic eggs. We are nearing the final stages and currently looking for people that have an iOS device and may be interested in testing and providing feedback. If you are interested feel free to ask questions or sign up with this form (http://goo.gl/forms/Hm1PgGhCIw). Thanks!!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

EternalWonder
#2 Posted : 8/31/2015 7:09:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Here is a video from when we were a bit earlier in development and didn't have sound, so I placed Sleepy Head by Passion Pit over it. Hopefully, at the very least, some of you may appreciate some of the artwork from the game, although I would love to have some people to test and play Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7ytXXTe6dc
(Please don't share this with any other sites, as we are not ready for the media to view the game. And I hope this goes without saying, but if you are a game developer, or know someone who is, by watching this video, you agree not to do anything that would lead to an attempt to replicate our trademarked core game mechanics or IP.)

concombres
#3 Posted : 8/31/2015 10:08:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds interesting & i`d love to do some testing.

The only problem I see, & I may be wrong, is that this seems like a potential security issue.
Maybe someone more tech savvy can give some more definitive answers but it may not be in members best interest here to download through that link if it is the only place it exists, Mac addresses, ip information, etc. May be vulnerable & potentially connecting any personal info with activities discussed here is big no-no.

Smart phones have software holes & apps require alot of permissions & access to data.

Alloklais
#4 Posted : 9/1/2015 4:07:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

EternalWonder wrote:
Here is a video from when we were a bit earlier in development and didn't have sound, so I placed Sleepy Head by Passion Pit over it. Hopefully, at the very least, some of you may appreciate some of the artwork from the game, although I would love to have some people to test and play Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7ytXXTe6dc
(Please don't share this with any other sites, as we are not ready for the media to view the game)

Thumbs up
Beautiful game! Though must say, audio was not quite my cup of tea, little bit squueelchy for me personally, though suppose compliments the cute/children friendly qualities of the art.
Well, really enjoyed watching. And my boy loves his iPad, so it'd be great to beta test for you! I'll sign up soon! Smile

I liked it so much I'd like to offer to you a couple Dotra 2.0 concepts already:
Can clicking on the colored Simon buttons also trigger additional music track/layer audio?
And maybe provide some other track selections/options? Or new ones can be downloaded regularl? To me it would keep the play time fresh.
And if the flashing animation were also tied to the audio BPM, etc....

Inspired, were you envisioning developing a whole mythos and products based on the god personalities from your game? I know you said game is inspired by DMT, to me what would be super cool would be if actually lessons learned and gifts brought back from the games' conceiver were actually incorporated into the game's Mythos.

Just saying! Laughing

Okay, thanks!
<--su ot gnoleb dronf ruoy llA-->

EternalWonder
#5 Posted : 9/1/2015 10:05:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

concombres wrote:

The only problem I see, & I may be wrong, is that this seems like a potential security issue.
Maybe someone more tech savvy can give some more definitive answers but it may not be in members best interest here to download through that link if it is the only place it exists, Mac addresses, ip information, etc. May be vulnerable & potentially connecting any personal info with activities discussed here is big no-no.

Smart phones have software holes & apps require alot of permissions & access to data.

Unfortunately Apple is very stringent on many aspects of app development, so there is no way to share the App without me adding specific Apple IDs first. If you find it a security issue for me to have your apple ID, then that's your prerogative, but no analytic information is uploaded from the app, and it doesn't use the internet at all other then for downloading it.

EternalWonder
#6 Posted : 9/1/2015 10:11:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Alloklais wrote:

Thumbs up
Beautiful game! Though must say, audio was not quite my cup of tea, little bit squueelchy for me personally, though suppose compliments the cute/children friendly qualities of the art.
Well, really enjoyed watching. And my boy loves his iPad, so it'd be great to beta test for you! I'll sign up soon! Smile

I liked it so much I'd like to offer to you a couple Dotra 2.0 concepts already:
Can clicking on the colored Simon buttons also trigger additional music track/layer audio?
And maybe provide some other track selections/options? Or new ones can be downloaded regularl? To me it would keep the play time fresh.
And if the flashing animation were also tied to the audio BPM, etc....

Inspired, were you envisioning developing a whole mythos and products based on the god personalities from your game? I know you said game is inspired by DMT, to me what would be super cool would be if actually lessons learned and gifts brought back from the games' conceiver were actually incorporated into the game's Mythos.

Just saying! Laughing

Okay, thanks!

Thanks!!

The music as I said was temporary. There was no sounds in the game at the time, so felt it needed some background music. The music/sounds in the game now are very different. We are currently working out many of the sounds such as for how the flashes work.

There isn't much deep story with the gods in this game, as it is a simple puzzle game, but in future games we plan to expand their personalities and the game mythology.

concombres
#7 Posted : 9/2/2015 2:49:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

EternalWonder wrote:
concombres wrote:

Unfortunately Apple is very stringent on many aspects of app development, so there is no way to share the App without me adding specific Apple IDs first. If you find it a security issue for me to have your apple ID, then that's your prerogative, but no analytic information is uploaded from the app, and it doesn't use the internet at all other then for downloading it.

Laughing that was a pretty big brain fart on my part actually. Hadn`t slept much & replied quickly on the way out the door to work.

Unfortunately I don`t own any Apple products so I may have to look into uninstalling android & replacing it with the latest version of IOS on an old android phone.