We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Psychedelics and Offspring Options

Ringworm
#41 Posted : 9/2/2015 1:51:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pretty obvious who has children and who doesn't.

The only thoughts I can give are this: Stay close to them. Spend as much time as you can with them. When they speak, do not be distracted. Try to know them as a raw individual, and accept what you find. Be yourself, never play a role, make sure they see that you can and do fail, but set an example on how to do it better next time. Teach by example, not fear.
"We're selling more than a cracker here," Krijak said. "We're selling the salty, unctuous illusion of happiness."

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

GARMONIUM
#42 Posted : 9/3/2015 10:49:37 AM

ONELOVE

Ringworm wrote:
Pretty obvious who has children and who doesn't.

The only thoughts I can give are this: Stay close to them. Spend as much time as you can with them. When they speak, do not be distracted. Try to know them as a raw individual, and accept what you find. Be yourself, never play a role, make sure they see that you can and do fail, but set an example on how to do it better next time. Teach by example, not fear.

I second that, its impossible to have a fully formed opinion on this topic until you have your own children. You technically are a child until you have a child, IMHO anyways Smile

Third-eye-open: spot on about the interconnectedness and the DNA link (resonance), and of course the discussion is about offspring and not little children Smile

Lichen
#43 Posted : 9/3/2015 7:09:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GARMONIUM wrote:
[...]and of course the discussion is about offspring and not little children Smile

third-eye-open wrote:
[...]I don't believe anyone here was wondering about introducing psychedelics to an immature adolescent child.

Well considering giving psychedelics to young children has been discussed multiple times within this topic, and given how the term 'offspring' in the original post doesn't suggest either way whether we are speaking about children-children or adult-children, I think it's for the absolute best -in terms of harm reduction- that we don't simply assume we all hold the same definition for the ambiguous 'offspring'.

And considering that these different interpretations have already been demonstrated within this topic by members within our community, before and after DisEmboDied's clarification in post #5, I think it's even more important to make these distinctions for the sake of our guest readers, who cannot ask questions and may -based on a their interpretation of 'offspring'- dose their children with psychedelics because they read on the nexus that it was ok.
I am a piece of knowledge-retaining computer code imitating an imaginary organic being.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#44 Posted : 9/3/2015 8:24:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

https://youtu.be/VrZ4sMRYimw

Offspring?
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

FloorFan
#45 Posted : 9/23/2015 2:31:37 AM

Off, Low, Medium, or High?

I don't have any children. I'd like to. I was once, for several years, against drugs after some abused times with many kinds. I was worried how would I prevent my children, were I to have any, from wasting their life, youth, time, on drugs like I felt I had. This was all before I even knew what integration meant with psychedelics. Also, propaganda was heavily set into me that I probably fried my brain to some degree and that I screwed up my heath. This was early 2000's, 19 to early 20's years of age.

Now, many many years later, with only cannabis and DMT used in the last 12 years, I've come to terms with my past from my knowledge of substances gained first hand and from others with the last decade to reflect. I really like and respect the Grey's approach. It's a shame the state of the legality and societal opinion/stigma on these substances is what it is currently. The fear I see behind some peoples eyes when they happen to overhear me talking to a fellow psychonaught is deplorable. They have a look like they are about to be attacked by a crazed savage who could have a "flashback" at any moment. "What? They taken how much acid? They are most certainly certifiably sane." I feel sad that this is what we'd have to explain how the masses would feel if a child we were open with about such things talked about it in public, school, etc. I saw a documentary on glass pipe and bong blowers. This kid's father was a great artist blower and was so conflicted when D.A.R.E. officers in his school made him think his dad was a criminal.

Anyway, I think this next generation (I'm sure there are generations past like what I'm about to describe, but not in the huge groundswell/awakening that seems to be happening now) will be taught about media, authority, government, workforce, military, politics, substances, religion, spirituality in a much different way. How much of what is presented and taught are control mechanisms of this capitalistic souless machine. How one can't just openly talk about such things around people who are super indoctrinated and dependent on this current societal system without looking like a "loon". As in, son/daughter, the world is a manipulative slaving place full of ignorance and short sighted bigotry. Due diligence and moral fortitude with selective honesty is paramount. Having to have selective honesty is the sad part. For one could be locked up talking about the wrong thing at the wrong place and time. These are the challenges I see in the foreseeable future if I am to procreate. Very interested in how others explain such things while keeping their kids safe from fearful sheeple meat puppets.

To get down to the thread question, before 18, no psychedelics. I'd teach them about them and that their parents use them as sacrament and consciousness expansion. After, 18, yes. Only if asked.

Also,
Anamnesia, I made a meme out of something you said. Hope you like and don't mine.

FloorFan attached the following image(s):
zengate.jpg (238kb) downloaded 119 time(s).
* Everything I write is made up tripe: whispers of wind coming off the blades in my face for I am a fictional man with a floor fan for a brain pan.

Say something to my face, I have no choice, but to replace my reply, with your Darth Vader voice!

anne halonium
#46 Posted : 9/23/2015 6:24:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

no kids.
dont like kids.
kids shouldnt eat hallucinogens.

i have serious issues with preggos eating hallucinogens.
ive seen that with wing girls and am always disgusted.

dont think peeps should grow or have have kids in clan labs either.
toddlers as lab assistants is criminal IMO.

that said i ate hallucinogens constantly as a kid (14 and up)
i have tirpped with minors over the yrs,
but ONLY when they are holding their own goodies.
i refuse to feed peeps under 21 personally.

i listen to the offspring alot, great band.
id definitely give trips to them.
ive tripped with lots of bands.
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

Continuum
#47 Posted : 9/23/2015 7:33:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

edit: Decided to add something constructive...sorry takes me a minute sometimes.

First, I think it's clear no responsible person would dose children, and I think the word choice "offspring" is meant to imply mature and of appropriate age. With that out of the way...

It seems like everyone has a "one size fits all" answer to whether they'd share entheogens with mature offspring. If someone asked you if you'd share psychs with any 20-something, it would of course depend on the individual.

It's my true feeling that psychedelics can heal individuals and maybe even larger society, so why would I recoil from sharing with my adult child if they're on the same path?
Forge a Path with Heart <3

Hiyo Quicksilver
#48 Posted : 9/23/2015 9:52:36 PM

just some guy

Anamnesia wrote:
Stop trying to teach children.
Alan once said that wisdom does not come from above down, but from below up.
Children. That's where the wisdom is. Just like the fresh air in the spring. It needs no guidance.

Well, if that's not one of the more beautiful things I've heard... Perfectly said. Smile

downwardsfromzero
#49 Posted : 9/23/2015 11:56:35 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

So glad to find this thread resurfaced, after having missed it the first time around; so many wise and interesting things said, from a good variety of perspectives. I've such an appreciation for this place, you know. Time and again people write stuff that brings tears to my eyes for all the right reasons. Thank you!

Now, back to the matter in hand. If it looked as though my kids were getting into drugs, I would at least do what I could to ensure they got hold of the right ones and used them wisely and safely, having first quizzed them on whether they were sure they knew what they were doing (and why). Ideally we'd have already broached the subject as it's highly likely that they'll encounter some for of 'drugs education' at school.

With any luck, prior to that (hypothetical) point, they'll have at least picked up how to find reliable information on the subject (it's not like I'll be hiding my pharmacology books from them). Another thing about psychedelics nowadays is that, while on the one hand we have psilocybin, mescaline and DMT with their well established safety profiles and relative ease of obtaining safely from natural sources, on the other hand there's stuff like the NBOMe series and the dragonFLY range of substances, which are considerably less safe and have already been directly linked to the deaths of a number of people.

SOOO... while it shouldn't be for a fair few years yet, I'll be keeping an eye out for a time where I may have to give the kids a few pointers in the realms of psychedelic safety. Plus, one of them is bright but daft, the other is one smart cookie.

I'm gonna play it by ear, but I certainly wouldn't give them psychoactive substances just for the sake of it, whether they were 15 or 50. Chances are they'll think I'm far too uncool to do that kind of thing with them anyhow!

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Continuum
#50 Posted : 9/24/2015 2:28:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Another thing about psychedelics nowadays is that, while on the one hand we have psilocybin, mescaline and DMT with their well established safety profiles and relative ease of obtaining safely from natural sources, on the other hand there's stuff like the NBOMe series and the dragonFLY range of substances, which are considerably less safe and have already been directly linked to the deaths of a number of people.

This is big. My 14 year old son has an interest in psychedelics, and we have a (I think) honest communication about these things. Heck, right now he says he wants to work in psychedelic research at the Hefter Research Institute (because psilocybin is natural and MAPS works is with a synth).

He has not tried any psychs, unless you consider cannabis a psych.

He says he knows friends who have taken LSD, but he's aware that there are more dangerous substitutes out there, and because of that he wants to eventually try mushrooms or mescaline that he has a hand in creating or can trace the source only.

I am positive that my idea of appropriate age will be later than his idea of appropriate age, so I guarantee I won't have a hand in his initial psychedelic experiences, but he is knowledgeable already beyond what many adult explorers ever care to learn.

I would never push my children towards anything, but this young man is his own person, and he is a bright and creative force and I suspect he will get the big messages loud and clear, and would feel he'd missed an important human experience to never delve in.

Forge a Path with Heart <3

Anamnesia
#51 Posted : 9/26/2015 3:21:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FloorFan! Your meme is adorable; I love it! Of course I don't mind Love That brings warm feelings to my heart! I haven't been on here for a minute - i apologize for taking so long to reply!

There is great wisdom here at the Nexus - we all have something to contribute.
And a grain of sand is in essence the same as a blazing sun.
Genesis is Now, the Mind is Incarnate.

PREV123