We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mini-a/b or non-polar wash with DCM ? Options

Pixar
#1 Posted : 8/20/2015 5:24:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lets say one does the usual a/b extraction using DCM with no non-polar wash prior to extracting with DCM. Would it be possible to add acid water (HCl) to DCM, seperate, basidify water and then pull once's more with DCM to yield a crystaline product ?

Or, would it be more practical to just do a polar wash of acidic solution containing DMT-HCL with DCM before basidifying and extrating ?

ATM I am not getting any heptane due to it's high cost where I live. DCM is pretty cheap, I must be lucky.

Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

1ce
#2 Posted : 8/21/2015 6:44:38 PM

Communications-Security Analyst

You could basify, and extract with dcm, then evap dcm and redissolve into naptha to precip. Or you could acid bath with acetic acid (vinegar) and pull the dmt acetate into the dcm directly, evap off dcm, add NaOH solution, extract into naptha for precip.

You need only very little dcm to extract with, use naptha in place of heptane. If you can find hexane for cheap use that.

Extract into dcm, evap off dcm, dissolvr into boiling hexane, pour into precip jar and freeze.

Pixar
#3 Posted : 8/24/2015 5:04:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks !

I did a mini-ab with DCM today and it seems to be yielding a clean product that is not goo. This was done with the water that I used to thaw ACRB more than 5 times Laughing so maybe it had less oil than usual since I did not boil the bark at all.

I just wanted to see if I could get something else than just goo by only using DCM.

I will stick to the redissolving and precipitating with naphtha part.

And yes I learned the hard way how much DCM one really needs to use, which is the reason why I started using it in the first place : less pulls. I underestimated it's efficiency Smile

1ce
#4 Posted : 8/26/2015 9:10:36 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

Sounds like you got it made! Best of luck.

Pixar
#5 Posted : 8/27/2015 2:55:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks ! Smile

Pixar
#6 Posted : 9/1/2015 10:21:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just to say something which is of certain informational worth : I pulled ton's of dmt by extracting from the water in which the ACRB was frozen/defrozen more than 5 times in acid water, much more than usual.

BongWizard
#7 Posted : 9/2/2015 12:34:46 PM

Hyperspace Cowboy

Pixar wrote:
Just to say something which is of certain informational worth : I pulled ton's of dmt by extracting from the water in which the ACRB was frozen/defrozen more than 5 times in acid water, much more than usual.

That's because DMT exists primarily as an acid salt within the plant matter. As such, it is water soluble. For this reason, you should always add your freeze/thaw water to the initial acid phase.
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.