We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
I retract this. I'm wrong in this matter. Options

Ufostrahlen
#81 Posted : 8/29/2015 9:30:23 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

@beatenwarrior: I haven't seen the videos in question or flagged them, but if you put disclaimers in your videos like in the alc vs. LSD one - then please make them longer. The appropriate length would be to be easily readable by a 14 yr. old kid. Also, I don't think your doing great in this video, it certainly doesn't promote harm reduction. If the DMT vs. Monster is made in the same fashion, I'd flag it, too.

I also agree with dreamer420, take the opportunity and make great DMT videos with the help of the Nexus community. Not only you now have the backing by dreamer420 & the Trav, the length and the in-depth information of your videos will increase. You can still split them up in 5 or 10 min segments for the attention span disabled folks, but this is a plus as I can imagine a whole DMT series. Also your subscriber base will increase, if you span out the series over a whole year or so. I mean you want to do other drug videos as well, right? Moar content, moar subscribers, moar $$ on Patreon (I don't think $$ is your main motivation, but it will help with the quality and is a nice side effect).

And no way the Nexus will flag those videos. Just put the script into peer-review here and you're out of the flag thread.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jees
#82 Posted : 8/30/2015 6:33:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
... and environmental implications involved. ...

BeatenW.: for this please visit this thread: For those who believe in sustainable MHRB sourcing. and this Nexian article: When DMT Equals Killing the Environment. Goes for both mimosa and acacia. You could roll over some pictures. Deforestation is a pressing fact and the recent non sustainable guarantee is not helping it. We must dare to look at it and call it by name. Leaving this item out of an info video could be seen as deliberate hiding of consequences, abetment. It's about harm reduction actually, quite relevant to your main goal.

Psilosopher?
#83 Posted : 8/30/2015 7:06:10 AM

Don't Panic

There we go. Community spirit. Wasn't too hard, was it?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Doc Buxin
#84 Posted : 9/1/2015 11:40:56 PM

Pay No Mind

Well beatenwarrior,

one of your videos (specifically, in this case, the LSD vs. booze video) has made it, via The Verge, onto the front page of yahoo! news...

Weird...spooky...ironic...coincidental... Wink
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Koornut
#85 Posted : 9/3/2015 2:22:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Doc Buxin wrote:
Well beatenwarrior,

one of your videos (specifically, in this case, the LSD vs. booze video) has made it, via The Verge, onto the front page of yahoo! news...

Weird...spooky...ironic...coincidental... Wink

It's floating around my Facebook Feed too. Thumbs up
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

Strigiform
#86 Posted : 9/3/2015 4:10:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Frankly, I don't think this sort of thing should be on YouTube.

1. It is all too easy for the channel owner to have the channel become a source of revenue in their personal lives. This is a conflict of interest as far as harm reduction and education are concerned. Why put a lot of effort into making a somewhat boring but information-dense video (that will get less views because it's boring) when you can make a fun video with half-baked research quoting the speculations of Strassman that might get more views and take less effort on your part? In the long-term, this jeopardizes the informative quality of your videos. In the worst case, you may be tempted to just start stretching the truth to get more views in order to get that sweet ad money.

2. The facts and chemistry behind this substance are interesting, but I do not believe it can be adequately addressed by short YouTube videos. It's a dry subject at times and doesn't translate all that well to the medium of video, in my opinion. Eventually someone wanting to learn more will have to read because videos on YouTube will always be a summary unless you're preparing to make a comprehensive video lecture series (these do exist on YouTube, but they're usually prepared by professors from universities).

3. YouTube is a place that's chock-full of what amounts to entertaining baubles -- that's what climbs to the top as far as views and ratings go. There's a lot of pop-science garbage that's interesting but not really substantial (such as VSauce). There is a lot of reckless and silly behavior, too (this was how Salvia got its reputation). Frankly, this subject is serious because of the risk this substance poses to people's psychological well-being; it should be discussed seriously, and maybe YouTube isn't a good website for that attitude to take root.

I'm happy that you're willing to work with the members here to produce a better video, but those are my concerns about YouTube in particular.

Orion
#87 Posted : 9/3/2015 12:48:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is better to have factual information in youtube. This I have to concede, through logic alone. If you cannot make the bad go away, contamination with good is the only option. It is the same principle with prohibition. In fact, it IS prohibition.

I say all props to the creator, but there are some inaccuracies. I could put that down to an individual, one not of this particular forum and not armed with the same resources which the forum, should it ever make a video, would pour into one vessel.

I was going to say 'but we created a whole forum', but are we not in videos from MAPS and other conferences on youtube where exact information is mentioned or quoted from the nexus too ?

I'm just entertaining thoughts here, trying to be only logical and looking at how this is playing out on the web. I don't know if we would want the liability of creating our own video but I think many would argue that it does make sense to spread sense where there is much nonsense.

I really just wish none of this was on youtube in the first place, all it does is complicate things, just like salvia etc. But it can't be stopped.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Ufostrahlen
#88 Posted : 9/3/2015 4:12:07 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Orion wrote:
I was going to say 'but we created a whole forum', but are we not in videos from MAPS and other conferences on youtube where exact information is mentioned or quoted from the nexus too ?

Yes, that's elitist thinking. MAPS is 'allowed' to post videos on YT, but others aren't, even if they are well produced and informative? Do we start flagging MAPS, too?
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Strigiform
#89 Posted : 9/3/2015 4:31:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Orion wrote:
But it can't be stopped.

That's true. I wish it wasn't, but YouTube is just too popular/easy to use and too influential to ignore.

One solution would be to have a number of different, distinct videos from different accounts describing the facts about DMT on YouTube (and perhaps have these videos occasionally link to each other). The majority of which should be informed by content on websites such as this where the primary intentions are to reduce harm and share knowledge, but all backed by scientifically verifiable sources as much as possible. Maybe even have a few videos/accounts dedicated to work against the standing body of irresponsible use or extraction by pointing out what's being done wrong or in an unsafe manner.

This way we may be able to avoid having any single unofficial "spokesperson" on YouTube and work to clean up what's already there that is portraying reckless behavior.

Beatenwarrior might want to be such a spokesperson, but I do not think a single well-informed outpouring of Nexus-double-checked DMT information on YouTube is going to be very effective or reliable in the long-term.

A single target to discredit or target with harassment? Bad! A chorus of sources backed by a plethora of citations? Much better!

However, this suggestion would require more people on this forum participating on YouTube to work well, which may not be workable because I do not know if many other users would be interested or willing to post videos on YouTube.

Orion
#90 Posted : 9/4/2015 12:09:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
Orion wrote:

Yes, that's elitist thinking. MAPS is 'allowed' to post videos on YT, but others aren't, even if they are well produced and informative? Do we start flagging MAPS, too?

Some people want to flag any video about DMT, but I'm not one of them. It's stupid and won't work. That's why I said:

Orion wrote:
If you cannot make the bad go away, contamination with good is the only option.

Production value is irrelevant, nobody should be suggesting a ridiculous dosage for your first time or tell you to shake an open container of concentrated lye solution. I'm not aware of MAPS doing this.

I only mentioned MAPS just because of the fact that the nexus has connections to youtube through them. It could be taken as one argument for not being shy about making more videos, we're already out there in a couple at least.

strigiform wrote:

A single target to discredit or target with harassment? Bad! A chorus of sources backed by a plethora of citations? Much better!

True, and that would be beautiful. It would take a lot of work, and it would be nice if we could direct attention to somewhere where many have already worked hard to compile good information. This forum for one. But do we want the extra traffic ? Would videos take away from the whole point of having a forum? What if you had just bite-size pieces for the videos, would that keep it sharp and interesting or would it just water it down?

Part of me wants to say 'this is why Nexus doesn't bother with this stuff', but like I said, it already has on more than one occasion.

So much to consider here.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

The Traveler
#91 Posted : 9/5/2015 9:34:16 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

beatenwarrior wrote:
The Traveler wrote:
Ufostrahlen wrote:
Peer-reviewed video? +1 Thumbs up

+1 indeed.

And it can keep the same fun tone and ideas with it but just checked for the right facts. Like I said, Nexians should know what your target audience is, it will help to prevent future miscommunication.

And btw for all: nothing wrong with getting some income from YouTube, just as long as it is genuine.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Thank you Traveler. I appreciate your understanding.

Is there a way that the new video - once checked and approved by some members on this site as being accurate - can NOT find it's way to the youtube removal thread? I'm not sure how this would be possible. But avoiding the event that another user post it on there for mass flagging would help so we don't have a repeat of this situation. In the end youtube did not choose to remove my "how to" video. They only age restricted it. I removed it of my own will after seeing the information I provided was not up to par. However as everyone knows this type of content is very sensitive and avoiding another large flag attack would be in my best interest.

Perhaps I can put a disclaimer at the beginning of the video that it's been approved by "Nexians?" Just an idea. But please let me know if you can offer a solution Smile

I think the best label to put to this is something like:

FACT CHECKED BY THE DMT-NEXUS

We can then make a thread on the DMT-Nexus for that video with information about it and what facts we checked and you can link to that thread in the video description, so people can research if your video is indeed fact checked by us and learn some more about those facts.

That way you can have more reliable information in your video's, people who want get some more education and people (not only Nexians) are able to check if your video is genuine so they will not flag it. If this goes well I can even make a subforum for it.

And as another side effect we can both have more solid traffic from each other. So what do you say about this solution?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

DoingKermit
#92 Posted : 11/3/2015 5:37:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

beatenwarrior, I randomly just came across the new video that you posted on youtube. I actually quite like it! It looks like you put a lot of thought and effort into the information and I commend you for sticking with it after receiving some negativity from people.

Here's the video if anyone wants to watch it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHmU0-2Txbc

NotTwo
#93 Posted : 11/4/2015 10:45:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, I like it! Clear and informative.

I have friends who are interested in dmt after talking to them about it but it's always difficult to point them to good videos on youtube. An hour and a half of Terence McK would put most of them off for life; there are the "spiritual"/whacky theory category claiming everything under the sun; kids trying it for the first time and giving uneloquent reports of their experience.

If you ever do a re-make it'd be good to see the smoking apparatuses for longer so we can compare what you're saying about them with what they look like.

Thanks for the contribution Smile
In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

steppa
#94 Posted : 11/4/2015 11:27:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good work man! Thumbs up
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#95 Posted : 11/6/2015 12:36:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Excellent video!
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

«PREV345