We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Something went wrong. Any ideas? Options

SpiritWalker
#1 Posted : 7/27/2015 5:59:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Had a disappointing experience last night. Maybe someone can tell me what went wrong?

- Started with 1 liter of water in the Magical Butter Machine set to 190 degrees (this is the most it will take)
- Added 500 mg of Vitamin C (checked pH was 4.5)
- Added 120 grams of B Capi
- Extracted for four hours / removed / added new water / reextracted
- Combined and simmered down tea (low temperature, never boiled).

I did the same with 100 grams of fresh Acacia root bark and just for good measure made a back up from 100 grams of Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark. The Mimosa is a couple of years old but it's been kept sealed in a cool dark place.

I typically would use grinded Rue for the MAOI but this time I tried B Cappi for the first time. We followed the diet for three days leading up to it and didn't eat for 12 hours. The Cappi came on strong and we both felt euphoric and happy so I know it was working the same way I can tell when the Rue is working.

About an hour later I drank about 25 grams of the Acacia tea as I waited to purge. Nothing at all. So about an hour later I drank another 25 grams. The acacia tea didn't have that distinct DMT smell but the Mimosa did. About an hour later I downed half of the Mimosa tea thinking the Acacia was bad bark.

Nothing happened all night except for sleepiness and weird dreams. This was definitely from the Cappi and not from the Acacia or Mimosa. I woke up the next day on the couch and the sun was out.

I'm not sure what happened. It's either that I didn't use enough Cappi (although I felt it working in myself) or I did something wrong with the brewing process.

I've been using the magical butter machine because you can set it to 190 degrees (perfect temperature) without destroying the alkaloids. In previous brews I've made the first too hot and the brews come out weak. The most frustrating thing is when I spend three days preparing only to be let down by a weak brew. So I'm trying to get this down to a science and take out the guess work.

Any thoughts on what I can do to improve the experience (besides take more cappi. To be frank, I'm going to start using the Rue as the main MOAI and the cappi for it's effects instead of the actual MAOI. I can't afford to put 500 grams of Cappi per person (that would be $50 + brew per person). 500G is Terrence McKenna doses, something I can not a stranger to. I regularly drink teas made from 50 - 100 grams of mimosa anyway. I don't believe in just getting my feet wet. It's either head first into the deep end or nothing.

thanks!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Pile of cats
#2 Posted : 7/27/2015 6:10:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try waiting less time between the caapi and the dmt admixture. Maybe eat something small to get your digestion going? Maybe the acacia isn't what you thought it was and you drank the mimosa too late?

Also in regards to your choice of maoi, I actually prefer rue and always experience purging with it and no lingering nausea after purging. I feel like it has a great teacher aspect to it. I personally wouldn't give in too much to the hype of caapi over rue. Give pure rue a whirl and see what you think!

SpiritWalker
#3 Posted : 7/27/2015 6:20:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the prompt reply. My wife said the same thing about drinking it too late. I thought it stayed active in your system for hours.

Here are a couple of other questions (for you or anyone else reading).

- Is there anyway to test potency of the bark aside from extraction? If not, is there a tek for Acacia that is as easy to do as Nomans tek for mimosa??

- Does the amount of water to plant matter (a lot of recipes call for 50 grams of bark and 2-3 liters of water but with the magical butter machine you can only add 1 liter at a time, so I'm wondering if this method is helping or hurting).

- Would it be wise to make a mimosa/rue tea for re-dosing? I've never had luck when taking both together but when I separate them the experience is obviously better. However, I typically re-dose once or twice during the evening. Would a re-dose of rue be good to do?

thanks again!

BTW. I LOVE the purge from Rue. I purged up two buckets of negative energy which had manifested inside myself. I fasted for several days and this time I didn't eat for 24 hours. My system was totally empty. It was pure energy in physical form when it came out. Bad stuff. But it felt absolutely fantastic to get it all out!

Grizzly Adams
#4 Posted : 7/28/2015 5:19:51 PM

Novice Apprentice of ENTHEON Wizardry

SpiritWalker wrote:
H
I've been using the magical butter machine because you can set it to 190 degrees (perfect temperature) without destroying the alkaloids. In previous brews I've made the first too hot and the brews come out weak. The most frustrating thing is when I spend three days preparing only to be let down by a weak brew. So I'm trying to get this down to a science and take out the guess work.

Why are you concerned with damaging the alkaloids with heat? What is the basis of this concern?

From what I have read, there are a number of people that use pressure cookers, which increase the temperature beyond 212 degrees Fahrenheit, successfully. Also that the alkaloids are pretty durable to heat, short of the high heat of a direct flame.
Sometimes a simple analogy is all you need to make things crystal clear. Smile - Akasha224

TGO
#5 Posted : 7/29/2015 4:44:29 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

SpiritWalker wrote:

If not, is there a tek for Acacia that is as easy to do as Nomans tek for mimosa??

MHRB is basically interchangeable with ACRB. However, ACRB has DMT, NMT, and other actives in it which can alter the purity of your final product (especially if your final product is a goo...but goo is very potent and pleasant. Measuring goo doses is a pain though). So, essentially you can pick a tek you are comfortable with and give it a go with Acacia Confusa.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

PH0Man
#6 Posted : 7/29/2015 4:04:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's very strange that you experienced nothing aside strange dreams. 25g of Acacia is about as much as most people ever want to take, so 50g in total doing nothing? Strange... Perhaps you simply have a naturally strong tolerance? Also, if you've been using other psychedelics recently, they'll increase you're tolerance too, to the point of complete tolerance (25I-nbome will apparently do that).

As for timing, I've tried taking the Acacia anywhere from simultaneously to 1.5 hours after the rue (all of which worked), and 5-10 minutes seems best, though the perfect timing seems to be a very subjective thing.

Good luck for future experiences!

Grizzly Adams
#7 Posted : 7/30/2015 3:46:58 AM

Novice Apprentice of ENTHEON Wizardry

Grizzly Adams wrote:
SpiritWalker wrote:
H

Why are you concerned with damaging the alkaloids with heat? What is the basis of this concern?

From what I have read, there are a number of people that use pressure cookers, which increase the temperature beyond 212 degrees Fahrenheit, successfully. Also that the alkaloids are pretty durable to heat, short of the high heat of a direct flame.

Boiling vigorously, or even in a pressure cooker at higher temps, will not damage the alkaloids.

But while reducing, you want to be careful not to caramelize the sugars and burn them, making the brew horribly bitter.
Sometimes a simple analogy is all you need to make things crystal clear. Smile - Akasha224

BundleflowerPower
#8 Posted : 7/30/2015 1:38:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So in my experience, when I brew 1 or 2 doses at a time, the brew comes out much stronger, I think because the more water you have in relation to the amount of plant material, the more efficiently it's extracted. Every time I've attempted to brew 40 or more g of acacia it comes out weak. 5 grams of acrb seems to be a solid dose for me, 7 is quite powerful and 10 knocks my socks off.

I've only used caapi as the sole force plant twice, so can't really speak to that. Usually I use rue and add a few caapi leaves, at least until my vine grows larger.

As far as vitamin c goes, ime, it produces a much more powerful brew, compared to say lemon juice. Of course it's not neccicary to acidity the water at all.

Vine and leaf
#9 Posted : 8/5/2015 4:03:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SpiritWalker wrote:
Thanks for the prompt reply. My wife said the same thing about drinking it too late. I thought it stayed active in your system for hours.

I have successfully drank chacruna tea three to four hours after drinking heavy doses of vine, on many occasions.

So, yes, active in your system for hours, at least IME.

tregar
#10 Posted : 8/5/2015 12:16:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It does sound like your Caapi worked but I can't say for sure. Psychotria is part of the coffee family of plants and brews identical to the way coffee is brewed. Simple & efficient method, no hassle: 10g of dried Hawaiian leaf brewed in 16oz of spring water for 1/2 hour contains about 3mg actives per 1g dry, and is very plenty, great Heavenly 4 hour experience...works every time after hard boil of 10 minutes in pyrex dish, but crumple by hand to a fine consistency first, with 20 minute simmer after that, all leaf will be seen falling to bottom of pot by that time, filtered thru 3 coffee filters just one time, always works, never gotten any nausea from it when hot (never use cold or much nausea) but allow at least 1 to 2 weeks between use due to tolerance. Peruvian leaf is weaker anywhere from 1mg of actives per 1g of dry leaf to 1.5mg of actives per 1 dried gram. Like others mentioned no need to acidify the water, as no difference in strength, but do use spring water. Helps to drink the 16oz of light tea colored water thru a straw in several large sips as taste is somewhat bitter, astringent.

Ayahuasca has many benefits, studies by Callaway and Mckenna have shown it to cure long lasting drug addictions, anger & severe depression, it is the only known entheogen which has been shown to grow new serotonin receptors in the brain, there is also something about being connected to the pipeline to the Spiritual world that gives a person hope and faith with first hand personal experience of the divine that leaves one a new person & changed forever. All living things look incredibly ancient and futuristic at the same time, appearing as they really are--infinite, colors will be seen that have never existed before, closed eye visions are fluorescent, animated and snapshots of real historical & future events, very telepathic, anything can be known & understood when attending the Ayahuasca University....but it's main lesson is to teach one about Love, the guiding force of the Universe.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

spyfish
#11 Posted : 9/1/2015 11:37:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First off, 1 liter of water per wash is not enough. You should calculate at least 30 ml per gram. So you should have over 4 liters of unreduced brew for the caapi alone.

Also you need to boil it, especially the Vine. Trust me it wont damage the alkaloids, that's a myth. I successfully use a pressure cooker. save allot of time.

With a steel pan, i would do 3 x 4 hour boils for the vine and 3 x 3 for the mimosa. In a Pressure cooker you can do 3 x 40 minutes washes.

If you plan to filter and/or do agar agar or egg white clean, do this before reducing. When its reduced the water is over-saturated, so the actives will be washed/filtered out. Once it is reduced, dont mess with it, and shake the bottle before drinking.

and at the very least use filtered water, preferably distilled water. Tap water is already partly saturated by minerals, so it will be able to extract less Alkaloids.

Both mimosa and Caapi are wood material, it needs to boil to be be able to extract much alkaloids.

DMT freebase have a low boiling point, but DMT in salt form as it is in the brew have much higher boiling point. Dont worry, you wont boil off the actives.

If you dont have a pressure cooker, take the biggest steel pan you have and let it fully boil. Not just lightly boil/simmer, but really boil!
External Anarchy & Internal Monarchy