We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia Newbie Questions Options

Old Scout
#1 Posted : 6/12/2009 2:41:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I took the plunge and ordered some Sage Goddess from the Sage Wisdom web site. I realized it was going to take SWIM a lot of prep before doing DMT extraction, so this seemed like a fascinating thing to try, and easy to get to.

Is this product and supplier any good?
Is this tincture technique offering useful inner vision work? I am not a partier, I just want to get ego-less and experience the Oneness.
Any tips would be appreciated.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Kannamate
#2 Posted : 6/12/2009 2:49:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

that's daniel sieberts website anything from there is good no lies on potency etc. I consider him one the authorities on sage if not the top and I have read good things of sage godess although I'd rather just grow a plant myself.

Old Scout
#3 Posted : 6/12/2009 3:52:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, that's good to hear Kannamate. Yes, if I like the effect, I too will grow my own plants. Doesn't sound hard at all.

Space
#4 Posted : 6/12/2009 5:09:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've ordered many bottles from sagewisdom.

I'd suggest for your first time, get a quite space alone, put some really relaxed music on, burn a few candles, or use it in complete silence in the dark, whatever your comfortable doing. I'd recommend, using just 3 full dropper loads of salvia, with 1 half to full dropper load of hot water, with the plastic dropper one you'll get with it. I say 3 droppers of salvia, because if you've never felt the burn before using it under your tongue, then 3 loads is a good start, because it will only burn kinda harshly. Don't worry though, it doesn't last long. Now when it's in your mouth, swirl it about for at least 15min before letting it out. And what I've noticed, when using it in meditation, is that when you open your eyes, it doesn't seem to be working well, and I can only sense it's presence, but eyes closed for meditation, and I get visual, and what's best described as 'going-in'.

Please let us know how it goes, I always love to hear about the varied experiences people have with salvia. And if you have any questions about using the tincture, then you can pm if you like.

By the way, if you want a strong-ish experience, it's best to use it 1 time, hold it 15min, spit it out, then repeat again, rather than putting it all in at once.

All the best

antrocles
#5 Posted : 6/12/2009 5:44:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i can certainly vouch for it's potency. i accidentally put three full droppers under my tongue WITHOUT diluting it.....burned SOOOO BAD!! after everything was fried and desensitized i held it there for what was supposed to be 15 minutes but actually took about 4 before the queen completely took over my body. EXTREMELY powerful journey....and that's an understatement...

i recommend it highly...although my favorite way is still quidding fresh leaves. just be deeply respectful with the tincture...it is very potent!

happy journeying!

LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

Old Scout
#6 Posted : 6/12/2009 7:42:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Space wrote:

I've ordered many bottles from sagewisdom.

I'd suggest for your first time, get a quite space alone, put some really relaxed music on, burn a few candles, or use it in complete silence in the dark, whatever your comfortable doing.
All the best

That's almost exactly what I had in mind. I like the sound of that very much.
As to dose----I am wondering. Since I have had no hallucinogenic drugs for 40 years, would I be wise to start even smaller, just to get a sense first of it, before going for the fuller experience?
Also, my reading says it affects coordination - true? I am kind of clumsy, I'd hate to fall over and break my neck on Day 1.

Thanks for all the advice. Should be here in the mail tuesday!

obliguhl
#7 Posted : 6/12/2009 7:57:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Also, my reading says it affects coordination - true? I am kind of clumsy, I'd hate to fall over and break my neck on Day 1.

Some people even get up, running against walls etc. Better to have a sitter. I've noticed the tendency myself...I would shake my head vigirously to deepen the trance withouth beeing aware of the dangers.

Well, Salvia is considered to be very special ...the plant doesn't seem to resonate with a whole lot of people. For me it has been a lot like a weird dream. But it's also saidd that you can develop a good relationship with the plant.

Daniel Siebert is THE western expert on Salvia Divinorum.

Space
#8 Posted : 6/12/2009 8:35:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Some people even get up, running against walls etc. Better to have a sitter. I've noticed the tendency myself...I would shake my head vigirously to deepen the trance withouth beeing aware of the dangers.

haha that's funny, I've actually heard of people getting and running in to walls yeah. But stories like these I've only heard from people smoking it.

Quote:
As to dose----I am wondering. Since I have had no hallucinogenic drugs for 40 years, would I be wise to start even smaller, just to get a sense first of it, before going for the fuller experience?

Ofcoarse that's your choice, but what I recommended taking for the first time you'll be fine with. Might not even be that strong enough, which you can then just top-up by adding some more drops.

Like I said with the eye open, eye closed difference, big difference (for me anyway) I could get up and move fine, almost like normal, but to meditate eyes-closed, huge difference.

Quote:
Also, my reading says it affects coordination - true? I am kind of clumsy, I'd hate to fall over and break my neck on Day 1

Just lay down, or sit on a chair you can't easily fall off Very happy -seriously, you'll be fine, just use common sense and have no fear.

Old Scout
#9 Posted : 6/13/2009 12:20:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks very much Space - - I'll try the dose you recommend and I can easily just lie down and let it work out. I'm known to have pretty good common sense!

Spiritdancer
#10 Posted : 7/8/2009 9:39:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I also just ordered some salvia 10x from Bouncing Bear Botanicals. I've never done any hallucingenic - tried E a couple of times and really enjoyed it. But I'm not a smoker and I got the dried leaves - probably a mistake. Also don't know anyone in my immediate group who has done anything like this. I know I will find a sitter but any newbie tips would love them. Ideally would like to try first time next Sat for the S.H.E!

jamie
#11 Posted : 7/9/2009 1:39:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Spiritdancer wrote:
I also just ordered some salvia 10x from Bouncing Bear Botanicals. I've never done any hallucingenic - tried E a couple of times and really enjoyed it. But I'm not a smoker and I got the dried leaves - probably a mistake. Also don't know anyone in my immediate group who has done anything like this. I know I will find a sitter but any newbie tips would love them. Ideally would like to try first time next Sat for the S.H.E!

I would seriousily suggest you start low and expect the most but dont be put off if you get nothing at first(the reverse tolerancy will happen)...salvia can be way too much for even the most seasoned heads, but usually people do tend to overdo the dosages with salvia as well. Get a sitter and do some light meditation before hand, get comfortable(very important with salvia as you DO NOT want to have to move after you hit it) and feel safe and happy before you go..it will make all the difference! good luck!
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#12 Posted : 7/9/2009 1:46:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Old Scout wrote:
Thanks very much Space - - I'll try the dose you recommend and I can easily just lie down and let it work out. I'm known to have pretty good common sense!

For me I have to lay down very still to actually have any decent experience at all, and I close my eyes. I watch the back of my eyelids and wait for the "internal eyelid dimensions" to expand, than I know I am in for a ride..you're body will begin to feel odd and distant, like a heavy shell you have put on, and you should(I do anyway) feel as though you are not so well "centered" or anchored to the physical..but for me if I move around thats when I get caught in between and become confused..than there is the twisting!..
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#13 Posted : 7/9/2009 1:53:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

...and everyone should try salvia in the bath or hot tub, hot spring etc...if you can relax into a good salvia trance than that is def the place to do it(for me). It really makes the heavy-body feeling alot better, more like a floatation tank I guess..obviousily a sitter would be good for the higher doses though.
Long live the unwoke.

Spiritdancer
#14 Posted : 7/9/2009 2:34:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Fractal. I guess I also wanted to know how to actually smoke it!! I've never smoked a pipe or anything. Should I roll it into a cigarette or get a bong! I'm a complete, raw voyager!

balaganist
#15 Posted : 7/9/2009 3:14:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiritdancer wrote:
Thanks Fractal. I guess I also wanted to know how to actually smoke it!! I've never smoked a pipe or anything. Should I roll it into a cigarette or get a bong! I'm a complete, raw voyager!

Bong!!! IT is one of the best ways to travel with Salvia or DMT. Salvia in a joint has never been satisfying for me.
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

jamie
#16 Posted : 7/9/2009 5:12:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah, what balaganist said above..get a bong. Make sure to take the largest hit you can and hold it as long as possible..20 seconds minimum..I try to hold it for 40 seconds, and lay back and close my eyes BEFORE I let the hit out..if you do not feel it take you(you will know what I mean when it does!), hit it again!
Long live the unwoke.