We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello from Russia!!! Need some HELP (Lichens) Options

Myxomop
#1 Posted : 8/29/2015 1:34:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello from Russia!!! Read about psy lichens... It was very usefull info for me, because in our country such lichens like parmelia and evernia grows everywhere. Here are tons of them. Now we research them. I tried to smoke them. It does effects. Now I'm trying to extract olivetol from it. Need some help. Maybe somebody can help me with extraction by advise?

Need info about:

Temperature of water extraction (parmelia), time of boiling.

How long time extracting by acetone and methanol?

Anybody mixed orange essential oil with extract? How?

Does light disintegrates alkaloids?

P.S. Excuse me for my English. If you want to come to our forum and make an acquaintance, we have an 'english-speaking' topic. Just tell me and I'll give a link.

P.P.S looks like I posted in in the wrong thread. Please move my topic to the 'RESEARCH'.

Thanks.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Heyt
#2 Posted : 8/29/2015 4:16:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Parmelia and evernia are not psychoactive. Also, please don't go around smoking random plants.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...s_Wiki:Health_and_Safety

The species you're looking for grows in Iceland and there's another in Ecuador, I don't know about Russia thought.

http://psychedelicfronti...hen-dictyonema-huaorani/
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=18193

Myxomop
#3 Posted : 8/29/2015 6:50:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe U haven't smoke them... I smoked and I can tell U they are psychoactive. You mean another lichen contained DMT, but I mean lichens contain olivetol and perrotonine.

PARMELIA, that I smoked:

Evernia that I smoked:

BOTH of them makes effects similar to wild cannabis (light effects) such as dreaming, red eyes, good mood.

Heyt
#4 Posted : 8/30/2015 3:09:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I couldn't find any documentation anywhere suggesting that olivetol is psychoactive. I'm not saying it's not, but it makes me wonder where you heard it was safe to smoke lichen from the forest. There are a lot of other compounds in those species which may not be safe.

Myxomop
#5 Posted : 8/30/2015 7:53:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe You should read this post : https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=585012#post585012

It is active indeed. 3 of our psychonauts tested it. As for safety... So I didn't hear anywhere it is safe. I just test it and as U can see I'm alive and feel good :-)

P.S. All Russians are crazy, you know )))))))))))

Heyt
#6 Posted : 8/30/2015 2:45:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Myxomop wrote:
Maybe You should read this post : https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=585012#post585012

It is active indeed. 3 of our psychonauts tested it. As for safety... So I didn't hear anywhere it is safe. I just test it and as U can see I'm alive and feel good :-)

P.S. All Russians are crazy, you know )))))))))))

The species in that thread contain Psilocybin and 5Meo-DMT, not olivetol. I've seen that thread, in fact I even posted a link to it in this thread. Please read carefully, because those aren't even the same species as you're talking about. It is NOT SAFE to simply smoke whatever you find in the forest. As for olivetol, it is a precursor to THC which has not been shown to be psychoactive in any peer reviewed experiments.

There is an excerpt in that thread that briefly mentions converting olivetol to THC with d-limonene, but it requires phosphoryl chloride. Even if you felt effects, it could have been placebo. It would be much safer to attempt to extract the olivetol and convert it to THC with 99.9% pure limonene which can be bought online or in a hardware store. Even then though, you'd need phosphoryl chloride which I'm sure is not easy to get.

Please read the Health and Safety Wiki: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...s_Wiki:Health_and_Safety

If I seem like I'm beating a dead horse, it's because I am. We have a real emphasis on safety and the scientific method on the Nexus, and for good reason.

Also, as for boiling the parmelia, I don't think that would work. Olivetol is soluble in non-polar solvents. It seems like a lot of work for little gain, though. There's probably a reason you don't see people harvesting lichens to synthesize THC.

FLeP
#7 Posted : 8/30/2015 9:17:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't help but admire Myxomop's enthusiasm but better to err on the side of caution and not smoke things that you haven't properly identified.

Myxomop
#8 Posted : 8/31/2015 2:36:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

2nd post at 7th page:

I did a water extraction by simmering approximate 10 grams dry Parmelia conspersa. Usnic acid is not soluble in water, at least at 25°C. The same is true for many of the other substances - the so-called 'lichen acids' are seen upon as not soluble in water. Ref: http://journals.cambridg...e=online&aid=729140 (Can anyone get the full article?)

I let the resulting brown liquid evaporate onto some mullein. I used a bit much mullein, so I had to take two large fillings in my pipe, but indeed this is active! Not mindblowing, but good effects. The terrible taste of the lichen (or perhaps the dirt that sometimes follow with) is more or less gone, although the taste is still very sharp, it is much better than plain lichen.

This means that it's likely that the so-called 'lichen acids' aren't responsible for the effects. It could also mean that one or more of them is soluble in water at higher temperatures, as the used temperature was constantly 70-80°C. More tests will need to be done to confirm this.

I want to note that I think it's unfair for sister Mary Jane to say that this is like cannabis. It is damn close, but the cannabinoid magic is missing, and I have no belief that these substances act on cannabinoid receptors. But they do have an interesting effect... Look forward to more tests, in the making is also an extraction of Radula complanata, a close relative to the three known liverworts with actual cannabinoids. Looking forward to try that. Smile

Ginko wrote at 7th page about Radula:

HAH! I took 4 dry grams of the liverwort Radula complanata including roots, and extracted with toluene (didn't have any other non-polar), which when evaporeted yielded a very small amount of black-green resin. I took some mullein and mixed with approximately half of this resin, equaling 2 grams of herb, and smoked it (without any cannabis tolerance).

And you know what, THIS WORKS! With the cannabinoid feel and everything, this is nearly like smoking some GOOD hash! The effect started maybe 30 seconds in, and now writing 5 minutes after, I continue to get higher.

The cannabinoid perrottetinene has not been isolated in this species, but seeing that it has been found in three relatives, it has to be assumed that this substance is responsible for the effects. So people, at least 4 of the 172 Radula species have cannabinoids. Fore more information on the genus, see previous posts.

WOHO! Legal cannabis! YEAH! Very happy

Update: Lasts around 2-3 hours, peak at ~20 minutes.

post at 9 th page:

Smoked some of the same lichen house found that has an uncertain I.D.

Two hits in a small pipe. The effect's were pretty instantaneous, maybe taking place a few seconds after each hit. Taste's pretty nice actually Smile. Sort of a cerebral depressant effect, slightly dreamy. Not quite cannabis-like, but pretty interesting. Nothing overwhelming but I did only take two hits. edit - my eyes get red after 30mg of cannabis has been smoked, and with this there is no evidence of red eyes. Infact they look clearer? Mild visual distortion as if there is a slight layer of fog between some objects of focus.

AND Shulgin wrote in PIHKAL about evernia. And I said about olivetol AND perotterine. I don't know what exactly makes effects. I want to know how to extract it because this those lichens are active for sure.

Myxomop
#9 Posted : 9/5/2015 3:18:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So... If nobody helps I decided to do my own research. I made some water extract of parmelia and bought some orange oil to mix it with evernia. Soon I will report about my experience...

Россия- вперед!!!

Psybin
#10 Posted : 9/5/2015 4:31:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Myxomop wrote:
So... If nobody helps I decided to do my own research. I made some water extract of parmelia and bought some orange oil to mix it with evernia. Soon I will report about my experience...

Россия- вперед!!!

You still need other chemicals beside orange juice to convert to THC. These are hazardous chemicals I don't recommend using. Orange juice isn't going to do anything.

Myxomop
#11 Posted : 9/6/2015 10:48:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Psybin wrote:
Myxomop wrote:

Россия- вперед!!!

You still need other chemicals beside orange juice to convert to THC. These are hazardous chemicals I don't recommend using. Orange juice isn't going to do anything.

What chemicals? Can you write me in PM? Shulgin in PIHKAL wrote: you just mix orange peels with evernia and get effects... However I'll check this out )

Psybin
#12 Posted : 9/6/2015 2:33:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shulgin was joking. I'm not going to PM you what they are because it's already been mentioned in this thread (and they are not safe to be using/talking about). Please read more carefully. You seem to have a lot of enthusiasm but reckless abandon for your own health and safety.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...s_Wiki:Health_and_Safety

Also, in the thread you linked earlier someone even mentions what chemicals would be needed and the limitations of that conversion. Please read carefully before making careless mistakes. You only get one shot at life, if you die trying to get a buzz you don't have a backup life to run to.

Myxomop
#13 Posted : 9/9/2015 1:39:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ok/thanks. orange oil didn't help. U're right.