We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Converting DMT Crystals to Goo for Dab Use Options

deemster414
#1 Posted : 7/23/2014 12:35:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hi all, I need to know how I can turn my crystals into goo for dabbing out of an oil rig. I have tried pre-melting my dose and dabbing it that way but as the goo cools down it hardens up, I want permanant soft goo. any ideas?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Parshvik Chintan
#2 Posted : 7/23/2014 8:39:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you don't want to dab dmt anyways.

the conductive heat from the oil rig will surely pyrolize a significant amount of your substance.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

deemster414
#3 Posted : 7/23/2014 11:02:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well I think that dabbing dmt works just fine, the dmt vaporizes instantly and is tasteless when done properly, don't dab it on a red hot nail or you will taste/burn it. I like it cause I can get 30mg in one quick hit, which is way more intense than 3-4 hits out of my gvg, it would just be better to dab goo than to drop crystals on a nail with a spoon. dabbing is dabbing it don't matter what you dab it all works the same, you just let the nail cool off for a few seconds longer.

MelCat
#4 Posted : 7/24/2014 2:00:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The bottom part of this post from CaptainFuture shows that if you dissolve your crystals into a minimal amount of acetone, you will effectively create a goo. From the post it seems that ethanol might do the trick as well but acetone would evap faster. You would definitely want to make sure it's fully evaporated if using acetone. It doesn't seem like ethanol would be too easy on the lungs either.

An alternative to messing with the crystals is to use a paper "boat" to drop the crystals onto the dab rig. Eg. Take a square piece of paper, fold it half, put the crystals in the crease, when the rig is ready, tilt the paper and let the crystals fall out via the crease. Once they are in there, you can move them around with your dabber. Just a thought...

You could also make an acetate using vinegar. It would work just fine and you could use a dropper instead of a dabber. The Evaporation section of Q21's Vinegar tek covers how to do this and get the dosage right.

You might consider renaming this thread to "Converting DMT Crystals to Goo for Dab Use" to help future people who might be looking for this information.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

deemster414
#5 Posted : 7/24/2014 11:39:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thankyou I will try acetone later today, the paper boat is a good idea too I will also try that.

Entheogenerator
#6 Posted : 7/25/2014 8:27:55 AM

Homo discens

I have to say, among all the hundreds of posts asking how to turn DMT/NMT goo from Acacia sp. into pure DMT crystals, this is the first post I have seen asking how to turn crystals into goo. Razz

If you get the technique down, I would imagine getting a full dose in one hit would be a lot less complicated with a GVG than it would be with a dab rig.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

deemster414
#7 Posted : 7/27/2014 4:23:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acetone worked great and the dmt is of perfect consistency for dabbing. I believe that an oil rig is superior to the gvg. I own one and a classic vg. vaporisation is instant allowing you to inhale your dose in one quick hit. there is no learning curve, as for pyrolizing just don't dab on a red hot nail, let it cool for a few seconds depending on type of nail. I prefer a quartz domeless nail, the hits are tastless. and sooooo smooth. once you try it you will agree that its superior.

MelCat
#8 Posted : 7/27/2014 6:08:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Glad it worked out for ya. Smile

I haven't tried dabbing spice yet but you've got me curious. I'll give it a shot sometime here soon.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Entheogenerator
#9 Posted : 7/27/2014 8:38:00 PM

Homo discens

I'll stick to the tried and true GVG thanks, but I'm glad you found something that works for you! As the saying goes, your mileage may vary. Smile
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

sØrce
#10 Posted : 7/27/2014 9:05:56 PM

That was that and this is this.

Propylene Glycol or Vegetable GLycerin come to mind; u could add ur goods to saturate the carrier then dry them some to increase viscosity? or something.

Or just add a few drops to a pile of xtals so they are gooey?

Same general logic as above but use ethanol?

What you've got sounds good
"The world is his, who can see through it's pretension...see it to be a lie, and you have already dealt it its final blow..." -Ralph W. Emerson

Make Shift
#11 Posted : 8/21/2015 11:04:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

deemster414 wrote:
acetone worked great and the dmt is of perfect consistency for dabbing. I believe that an oil rig is superior to the gvg. I own one and a classic vg. vaporisation is instant allowing you to inhale your dose in one quick hit. there is no learning curve, as for pyrolizing just don't dab on a red hot nail, let it cool for a few seconds depending on type of nail. I prefer a quartz domeless nail, the hits are tastless. and sooooo smooth. once you try it you will agree that its superior.

Hey,
I have tried the machine, electronic vaporizer, both ways I had intense visuals, but couldn't break through because I couldn't manage more than one hit, the vapor was harsh for me, I don't smoke anything which could be the reason.
Now I have almost completed a dab rig, I also have a laser thermometer with a ceramic nail (and carb cap), at what temperature should I be putting the crystals onto the nail? Different websites says different temperature ranging from 180-325 degree F. Well I personally think about 150 would get it melting, but at what temp would it be ideal to inhale and get it all in one pull?
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.

steppa
#12 Posted : 8/21/2015 11:21:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Parshvik Chintan wrote:

the conductive heat from the oil rig will surely pyrolize a significant amount of your substance.

No. It won't. Try it.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

FLeP
#13 Posted : 8/21/2015 2:09:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Make Shift wrote:
deemster414 wrote:

Hey,
I have tried the machine, electronic vaporizer, both ways I had intense visuals, but couldn't break through because I couldn't manage more than one hit, the vapor was harsh for me, I don't smoke anything which could be the reason.
Now I have almost completed a dab rig, I also have a laser thermometer with a ceramic nail (and carb cap), at what temperature should I be putting the crystals onto the nail? Different websites says different temperature ranging from 180-325 degree F. Well I personally think about 150 would get it melting, but at what temp would it be ideal to inhale and get it all in one pull?

My buddy says he was successful dabbing at 350 with an electronic nail. If it tastes harsh at all it means you are burning it. DMT smoke will be quite smooth, even for a non-smoker.

Make Shift
#14 Posted : 8/21/2015 2:28:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okie thanks for that. But did your buddy get the entire quantity in one clean toke?
Can you tell me how he did it?
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but did he put the crystals on first and then switch on the e-nail or like the regular nails heated it with a torch till it hit 350 F and then put them crystals on?
A friend of mine swears that dab rig is the best method hands down to get it all in one toke.
I'm going to be using a ceramic nail with a cap. Planning on heating it till the thermo reads 400, wait a few seconds and then put on the crystals inhaling slowly, put on the cap when I see it melt and then pull it all through a very little quantity of water. Better to go with warm/room temp/cold water? Some say warm is better to make the temp of the vapor and water same to make it easy on the chest, but doesn't sound logical to me.

In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.

Make Shift
#15 Posted : 8/21/2015 2:33:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FLeP wrote:
Make Shift wrote:
deemster414 wrote:

Hey,

My buddy says he was successful dabbing at 350 with an electronic nail. If it tastes harsh at all it means you are burning it. DMT smoke will be quite smooth, even for a non-smoker.

Hey Parshvik, what temp do you think is ideal to put the crystals on the ceramic nail ? when I tried with the steel mesh dmt machine, heat as little as 10 seconds from a normal BIC lighter melted the crystals onto the mesh and then when I heat it same some 5-10 seconds at a distance of 5cm it vaped. How to go about this with a ceramic nail with carb cap?

1ce
#16 Posted : 8/21/2015 10:20:15 PM

Communications-Security Analyst

Put xtals in vial, add acetone, warm it up a little, allow to evaporate. Should be mostly goo. Or melt the crystals directly.. slowly.

FLeP
#17 Posted : 8/22/2015 10:55:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Make Shift wrote:
Okie thanks for that. But did your buddy get the entire quantity in one clean toke?
Can you tell me how he did it?
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but did he put the crystals on first and then switch on the e-nail or like the regular nails heated it with a torch till it hit 350 F and then put them crystals on?
A friend of mine swears that dab rig is the best method hands down to get it all in one toke.
I'm going to be using a ceramic nail with a cap. Planning on heating it till the thermo reads 400, wait a few seconds and then put on the crystals inhaling slowly, put on the cap when I see it melt and then pull it all through a very little quantity of water. Better to go with warm/room temp/cold water? Some say warm is better to make the temp of the vapor and water same to make it easy on the chest, but doesn't sound logical to me.

The nail he described had a bowl like aparatus around the nail that he could dump the dmt into after the temperature had reached 350-360F. I think he described taking two tokes. Tops.

Make Shift
#18 Posted : 8/23/2015 4:46:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okie man, will try it out and post the results here for sure.
also i'm thinking I will put in some butter or so very tiny amount so that when the crystals touch the surface of the nail there will never be a tendency to burn. Edible butter. Didn't read it anywhere, but just thinking aloud. Would it work? Say a drop or 2? So that when the butter is sizzling I will put the dmt.

FLeP
#19 Posted : 8/24/2015 4:06:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1ce's method for making a goo a few posts up should work fine.

Make Shift
#20 Posted : 8/24/2015 12:13:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what is xtal ?

12NEXT