We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Breaking Convention 2015, London Options

Macre
#1 Posted : 4/22/2015 8:02:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The academic programme has been released for Breaking Convention 2015. The largest psychedelics conference in the known universe is taking place once again at the University of Greenwich, slap bang on the Prime Meridian at the centre of time and space. The event features more than 130 academic speakers, a Film Festival, a weekend Music Festival, a Visionary Art Gallery, 15 free workshops, mind-boggling journeys through pulsing light contraptions, dance performances, live icaros, traditional shamanic ceremonies (and much more besides) and is held in one of the most visually stunning buildings in the country. The Old Royal Naval College was designed by Sir Christopher Wren at the end of the 17th Century and has been described by The Independent as ”more breathtaking than the Versailles of Louis XIV”, and by UNESCO as one of the “finest and most dramatically sited architectural and landscape ensemble in the British Isles”.

Speakers include:
Prof. David Nichols, World's most cited scientist on LSD pharmacology
Prof. David Nutt, Head of the Centre for Neuropsychopharmacology, Imperial College London
Prof. Roland Griffiths, Professor of Neuroscience and Psychiatry, Johns-Hopkins Medical School
Kat Harrison, Researcher, writer, campaigner & wife of Terrence McKenna
Prof. Lumír Hanuš, Professor of Medicinal Chemistry, discoverer of the first endocannabinoid anandamide.
Daniel Pinchbeck, Author of Breaking Open the Head
Dr. Jonathan Ott, Ethnobotanist & writer who coined the term entheogen.
Dale Pendell, Poet & Author of the Pharmako trilogy
Amanda Feilding, Countess of Wemyss & Founding Director of the Beckley Foundation
Dr. Rick Doblin, Founding Director of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies
Prof. Michael Heinrich, Head of the Center for Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry, UCL
...and 120 others

Research presented at this event will give important clinical updates in our understanding of using psychedelics to treat disorders including bipolar disorder, autism spectrum disorder, sociopathy, chronic depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and end-of-life anxiety. It will also showcase the latest psychedelic research from the humanities, history, anthropology, art, criminology, drug policy, and other fields.

FEEDBACK FOR PAST EVENTS

An exciting weekend which covered all aspects of psychedelic drugs: scientific, therapeutic, anthropological, phenomenological, legal, historical and cultural. The flywheels of my brain were cranked to the max, leaving me sleepless with ideas.
Andy Letcher, PhD, Author & Lecturer in Religious Studies

I can honestly say that it was the most amazing experience I have ever had. The location and standard of speakers is tremendous .... The event is highly academic but mixes this with an atmosphere of laid-back cool reminiscent of the Glastonbury Festival. Indeed I am of the opinion that this is becoming the European equivalent California's "Burning Man" Festival
Anthony Peake, Writer & Researcher

Breaking Convention 2011 was an historical milestone in the burgeoning psychedelic renaissance of the 21st century. From psychonauts to scientist it was an event at which it was unstated but understood that ‘We are everywhere’.

Andy Roberts, Author

Macre attached the following image(s):
11052538_10155278148280543_4559485102144776700_o.jpg (627kb) downloaded 164 time(s).
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

gilga_mesh
#2 Posted : 5/6/2015 8:31:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

very nice, I wish I could attend!

http://2015.breakingconvention.co.uk
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Francois
#3 Posted : 5/20/2015 12:31:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's a great line-up for sure and I'm looking forward to attend. May even meet some of you lot that I've had the pleasure of reading posts of these last few years. It's a shame Ann Shulgin is no longer speaking but the rest of the conference looks fantastic. Wish I'd got on them early bird tickets though!

Whatis
#4 Posted : 7/1/2015 8:08:18 PM

Its a question of perspective...

This starts next week. My ticket is booked (was a tad expensive though). I notice the Nexus is represented in the form of various talks on different subjects.

Who is going?

Much Love <3 xx

TGO
#5 Posted : 7/1/2015 8:15:08 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I wish I could attend as well...London is across the great pond for me though! Laughing

Neutral
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Whatis
#6 Posted : 8/15/2015 1:53:27 AM

Its a question of perspective...

The videos from the convention are now available for free online here:
https://vimeo.com/ecologycosmos
Much Love <3 xx