We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
poppy pod tincture extraction Options

Dwhitty76
#1 Posted : 6/1/2009 2:23:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey all.

Setting aside the dangers of opiates. Swim has been curious about poppy pod tea for quite some time and has never tried it.So he obtained 25 dried poppy pods off ebay, just to experiment.

On another forum he learned that the taste is bad and the amount of tea that you need to consume is more the one may want to, given it's bad taste.

So..... he decided he might go ahead and make a tincture, and i thought mabey some of my fello nexian's might have some experience w/ this process and mabey have some suggestions for swim.

The process will be ofcourse grinding the pods and stems to a fine powder and mix half of the powder with 80 proof vodka as a solvent and let it sit in a warm bath for a few day's and agitate it atleast once a day.

After a few day's of letting it sit in the warm bath to extract the goodies, filter out the pod powder and then add the other half of the pod powder to the already saturated vodka and let it sit in a warm bath for a few day's and filter out the powder once again.

It's a very simple process (especially given the more sophisticated extractions that are discussed in this forum).I was just wondering if anyone here has experience with this and might have some suggestions for swim.Much Thanx

" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

benzyme
#2 Posted : 6/1/2009 2:30:31 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

definitely sounds feasible
a soxhlet extraction of about 8-10 hrs might also work well. alcohols would be the appropriate solvents as the desired alkaloids have two OH groups and an ether group. very soluble in alcohol
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Dwhitty76
#3 Posted : 6/1/2009 3:59:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah... i wanted to bring out the soxhlet for this but unfortunately, due to my downsize in living space and lack of complete privacy, the soxhlet is not possible for now. Although that will be changing in a couple months.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Espiridion
#4 Posted : 7/6/2009 3:14:49 PM

--who.??..ME??--

As an ex-junkie, I remember a foaf using a 'cold-water' extraction technique on pills containing an opiate and APAP(tylenol). Opiates are VERY water soluble. The water is just above freezing and the powder is added. The opiates separate and can be filtered out. Just google "cold water extraction hydrocodone". Morphine and codeine in the pods are just as soluble.

Having said that...

This is not a road for everyone to take. Everyone thinks/knows that THEY are different/immune to this dark and sticky beast. Addiction is the bad side of town your mother warned you about.

The first time I got sick and didn't know why, I took some morphine to feel better, just because that is all I had, and the sickness went away. The realization dawned that I had gone too far, I was addicted. From 99 to 06 I was on 'something' from hydrocodone to dilaudid and morphine to heroin to methadone and back to heroin and so forth.

I sound preachy because I am. I am a smart guy and I let it whip my arse.

Do what you want, just know the possible consequences. That is all I am saying. Some people have to learn the hard way.

Try Kratom after you do the pods and see waht you think. Its legal and is fairly similar in effect without having such strong addictive properties. It has SOME, but nothing like the horse.

Take it or leave it,
Just dont get used to taking it every day. A week, TWO weeks between uses and you will be fine.

Okay, sorry, rant over. If you even got this far...

Peace, really...

J
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

The Traveler
#5 Posted : 7/6/2009 3:56:35 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I'm sorry to say this but I don't think that the DMT-Nexus is the best place to talk about poppy extraction.

Because of this I'm locking this thread.