We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
5-MeO-DMT Concerns Options

Nathanial.Dread
#21 Posted : 8/5/2015 1:19:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Where do we stand on 5-MeO extractions? I figure most people playing with it now must have gotten in purified form online, but there was also talk about 5-MeO heavy phalaris grass species.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

null24
#22 Posted : 8/5/2015 1:41:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Where do we stand on 5-MeO extractions? I figure most people playing with it now must have gotten in purified form online, but there was also talk about 5-MeO heavy phalaris grass species.

Blessings
~ND

Mmm hmm, I'd like to know what the state of the art is as well.

I don't know the origin of the sample i had to experiment with. The only other I've seen is indeed not extracted, but freebase, not salt like my sample.

Phalaris is at peak tryptamine level right about now, right?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

NotTwo
#23 Posted : 8/15/2015 9:49:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering if there was anyone with enough chemistry to suggest an easy conversion path from nn-dmt to 5-meo-dmt.

I've seen some official teks for taking simple precursors through to 5-meo with standard laboratory reagents but certainly nothing you'd easily achieve in you kitchen.

Also all methods of extraction from plant sources that I've seen online seem to be fraught with issues.

As a vegetarian and an animal rights activist I don't really fancy the idea of tormenting some toad to get my samadhi - not to mention the overall ecological impact it could have if done en masse - so that one's out too as far as I'm concerned.

I really can't see that adding a methoxy radical to easily extractable dmt could be that big a deal but I stand to be corrected by someone with some real chemical knowledge. Anyone know about this?

In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

downwardsfromzero
#24 Posted : 9/17/2015 9:45:39 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

NotTwo wrote:
[...]

I really can't see that adding a methoxy radical to easily extractable dmt could be that big a deal but I stand to be corrected by someone with some real chemical knowledge. Anyone know about this?

This would not be a trivial procedure. Better to find a viable local plant source.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dreamer042
#25 Posted : 9/17/2015 9:58:58 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Nathanial.Dread wrote:

Blessings
~ND

This analysis shows substantial amounts of 5-MeO-DMT in at least one variety of Phalaris brachystachys. Also see post #34 in that thread for moar information.

Phalaris aquatica var. stenoptera clones are now available and look to be pretty good candidates for a sustainable source.
Quote:
Phalaris aquatica var. stenoptera

(= P. tuberosa var. stenoptera = P. stenoptera)

("Harding-grass", "Holdfast Harding-grass", "Peruvian Wintergrass" )

Introduced cultivar from Australia [This scenario is presented by most. Hortus considers its origin to be unclear.]. Cultivated and naturalized in California and the Pacific Northwest.

Variable amounts. Festi & Samorini 1994 cited Rendig et al. 1970 as finding 135-264 mg of 5-MeO-DMT and

0-60 mg of DMT per ml of expressed juice.

DMT and 5-MeO-DMT are present in foliage [5-MeO-DMT>DMT]. Total indole alkaloid levels hit two peaks of 0.14% in late September and mid November one year but only one peak in one or the other during two other years. In the latter cases; the year with a peak in late September was also around 0.14% while the year with the peak in mid-November was 0.08%. This last year showed some of its lowest values in late September. Their analysis only covered mid September through mid February. Total indolealkylamines were 0.08% or less the rest of the times assayed, with a low around 0.02%. (All values approximate; taken from graphs) Alkaloid levels were found to be markedly different from one month to the next and one year to the next. Rendig et al. 1976.

McComb and coworkers determined the 5-MeO-DMT concentration in Phalaris tuberosa leaves (cv. Hardinggrass) by use of an estimation obtained via UV absorption of the Xanthylium salts formed during the alkaloid's reaction with Xanthydrol.

They reported 0.236% in 7 day old fresh leaves, 0.105% in 9 day old fresh leaves and 0.077% in 21 day old fresh leaves. all figures are % dry weight

They did not evaluate the other components of the leaves in this paper but noted that neither gramine nor hordenine formed colored complexes with Xanthydrol. McComb et al. 1969.

Source

Phalaris arundinacea var. Turkey Red also appears to contain 5-MeO-DMT but alkaloid levels in arund are generally very low so this is moar a last resort measure.

Don't several acacia species contain appreciable amounts of 5-MeO-DMT? The Delosperma genus also appear worthy of further investigation as a source of this medicine.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

nen888
#26 Posted : 10/12/2016 9:32:09 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

i'm bumping this thread as i recently received a credible report of a person who attended a kind of 'cattle-call' '5meo-DMT' 'ceremony' (if thats the word) having serious after issues of impairment, and subsequently found by medical experts to have neurological damage...
when or if more information is available i will update..

the 5meo was bufo alvarius derived (of course meaning it contained other alkaloids) and was administered (smoked) by a fairly well known advocate of 5meo, who has been criticised here at the nexus for inadequate chemical profiling of the extract (amongst other things), and who also claims shamanic tradition, which has also been queried as suspect..
they also charged a lot of money..

in short, i want to reiterate the points made in this thread that 5meo should not be casually exchanged for DMT, and does not have the same safety profile as DMT..

this is not to say it does not have use, but the increasing popularisation of it is, as gibran2 suggests, of concern..

really, of this compound, i don't think anyone knows what they are doing (including the so called experts, advocates, and administrators)

proceed with caution..do not combine with MAOIs...

(i've come out of deep research and writing to report this..stay vigilant in research nexians)

PREV12