We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Marijuana subforum? Options

Akasha224
#1 Posted : 2/22/2014 3:59:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[Deleted]
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Global
#2 Posted : 2/22/2014 4:20:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

For now, there's always the "Other Psychoactives" subforum which isn't just about RC's and nootropics. There are indeed some marijuana topics in there.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Akasha224
#3 Posted : 2/22/2014 8:28:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[Deleted]
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

Cosmic Spore
#4 Posted : 2/22/2014 9:47:21 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

Akasha224 wrote:
Marijuana subforum?
While there are many other message boards on the internet where it can be discussed, I'd prefer the maturity and clear-headedness of the people on the Nexus...
Akasha224 wrote:
Global wrote:
For now, there's always the "Other Psychoactives" subforum which isn't just about RC's and nootropics. There are indeed some marijuana topics in there.

I was thinking more along a subforum that more or less was modeled in the same way as the Mushrooms subforum (having separate sections for growing, methods of ingestion, etc.) Of course, this would be a lot of work, but I think it could make a good addition to the Nexus as many of the users here seem to enjoy Marijuana. And of course, I'd be willing to contribute in any way I could.

Just a thought next time some sort of addition to the site is being planned. Thumbs up
I like the idea; I'd be willing to help also. Kind of like the Cacti subforum...
Generic , Cultivation , Preparation , Experience Reports, Cannabis Science, News & Activism sub-subforums.

DMTbenderDMT
#5 Posted : 2/22/2014 10:36:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i could contribute quite abit, ive made all kinds of ectracts and edibles

LetSoulsDevour
#6 Posted : 2/23/2014 1:15:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Someone I know also have some experience in this area and could contribute to this subforum

Mitakuye Oyasin
#7 Posted : 2/23/2014 4:35:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This would be wonderful. I consider Cannabis to be very powerful medicine as are most of the substances we talk about here, DMT, mushrooms, cactus, MDMA, LSD, etc...

Thanks
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Akasha224
#8 Posted : 2/23/2014 2:38:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, Cosmic Spore, this is exactly what I mean!

DMTbenderDMT, that's great! Edibles are something I've never indulged in, but hope to try soon. Your wisdom and advice would be much appreciated!

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
This would be wonderful. I consider Cannabis to be very powerful medicine as are most of the substances we talk about here, DMT, mushrooms, cactus, MDMA, LSD, etc...

Thanks

I'm glad that there is someone else on the same page as me. As I said in my opening post, Marijuana is something that was a "recreational drug" for a long time for me (although I always considered it to have medicinal properties). Now I view it as a legitimate medicine, the same way I look at Psilocybin, DMT, etc.

Thanks for all the replies! Smile

SHroomtroll
#9 Posted : 2/23/2014 6:50:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whereas most psychs can be hard on the body and inhibit normal functions as sleep and apetite cannabis does the opposite.

Im in a phase in life where i need all the physisal resources avaiable to heal a injury.
So trippin is out of the picture atm.

But smoking some high grade bud once per week gives me very powerful journeys and help me relax and heal up.

Cosmic Spore
#10 Posted : 2/23/2014 10:59:50 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

Since we're talking about it, can anyone confirm what "Marijuana" originally meant?

I saw on some video that marijuana meant "cheap tobacco" in Spanish. (is that so?)

Since Cannabis is the name of the genus, I think (if one comes to be) we should call it Cannabis subforum.

Then I have the question: what Cannabis means?
I read that "Canna" meant dog, and "bis" meant two, so from that source, Cannabis means "two dog plant".

Anyone want to comment on this?

Akasha224
#11 Posted : 2/24/2014 9:50:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cosmic Spore wrote:
Since we're talking about it, can anyone confirm what "Marijuana" originally meant?

I saw on some video that marijuana meant "cheap tobacco" in Spanish. (is that so?)

Since Cannabis is the name of the genus, I think (if one comes to be) we should call it Cannabis subforum.

I read that "Canna" meant dog, and "bis" meant two, so from that source, Cannabis means "two dog plant".

I'm not sure where the actual word "Marijuana" came from, but I remember reading somewhere that they changed it from "Marihuana" to "Marijuana" to make it sound "more Mexican," feeding bigotry at the time it was made illegal.

I agree with the title "Cannabis subforum" if we're going to be technical (which I hope we will be). Smile

GOD
#12 Posted : 9/18/2014 9:52:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Marihuana = Maryjane and / or ( Mother )Mary and ( " Saint " )John .

Maybe its in the high times encyclopaedea of recreational drugs .
I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

wesker
#13 Posted : 8/3/2015 2:32:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Akasha224 wrote:
Cosmic Spore wrote:

I'm not sure where the actual word "Marijuana" came from, but I remember reading somewhere that they changed it from "Marihuana" to "Marijuana" to make it sound "more Mexican," feeding bigotry at the time it was made illegal.

I agree with the title "Cannabis subforum" if we're going to be technical (which I hope we will be). Smile

I know this is an old thread but we call weed mariguana in mexico, that's the common name, we also call it weed, wendy, wiri, mota, and all kind of funky names, but its more common to hear non smokers call it mariguana and not marijuana, this is the name that people who know nothing about nothing uses. and I guess that's it.
"If I dont know you, you don´t exist."