We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
If DMT has taught me something... Options

ymer
#1 Posted : 8/1/2015 6:46:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is that it's not the answer.

And that's the most important lesson.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 8/1/2015 7:19:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

ymer wrote:

Depends on the question.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Godsmacker
#3 Posted : 8/1/2015 7:41:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Care to elaborate?
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

BringsUsTogether
#4 Posted : 8/2/2015 12:59:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel like the reflection and integration might teach you that DMT it not the answer, but the experience itself definitely feels like total and complete understanding

Legarto Rey
#5 Posted : 8/2/2015 10:32:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Zen teaches that "seeking" the answer, misses the point. The whole, finger pointing at the moon, analogy. THIS, and every aspect of our capacity to experience "the experience", is the answer. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Metaphysical sophistry aside, tryptamines(and other true entheogens), provide regular folks with a generally reliable means of accessing deeply mystical mind states. Non entheogen techniques(meditation, chant, drumming, physical extremis....etc), while useful as adjuncts and integrators, offer only a minority, reliable, ergonomic and reproducible entry into the "ego-death" EXPERIENCE.

If ones intention is to visit said realms, for spiritual, divinatory or diversionary purposes, then true entheogens(including Direct Mind Travel), can be and are AN answer. Fun topic, thanks "ymer"!!

Peace

BundleflowerPower
#6 Posted : 8/3/2015 4:27:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Legarto Rey wrote:
Zen teaches that "seeking" the answer, misses the point. The whole, finger pointing at the moon, analogy. THIS, and every aspect of our capacity to experience "the experience", is the answer. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Metaphysical sophistry aside, tryptamines(and other true entheogens), provide regular folks with a generally reliable means of accessing deeply mystical mind states. Non entheogen techniques(meditation, chant, drumming, physical extremis....etc), while useful as adjuncts and integrators, offer only a minority, reliable, ergonomic and reproducible entry into the "ego-death" EXPERIENCE.

Peace

Agreed. Finding new questions is much more interesting.

Orion
#7 Posted : 8/3/2015 5:41:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:
Legarto Rey wrote:

Peace

Agreed. Finding new questions is much more interesting.

Yeah, like 'what is this topic actually about?'.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

inaniel
#8 Posted : 8/3/2015 6:08:39 PM

mas alla del mar

If this thread has taught me anything

well, it hasn't, but it reminds me how much I dislike vague pseudo-insightful references.

DeltaSpice
#9 Posted : 8/3/2015 8:12:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It has taught me that we are not alone.

TGO
#10 Posted : 8/4/2015 4:04:27 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Well of course it is not the answer. Not by itself. It is a key and a stepping stone to higher consciousness, IMO. What you integrate or "find" within a DMT session is generally more puzzling than if we had not journeyed at all...then again, this thread is very vague on what we are trying to discuss sooooooooo...

Have a nice day! I hope you do find whatever it is you are searching for.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

The Traveler
#11 Posted : 8/4/2015 8:12:33 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

gibran2 wrote:
ymer wrote:

Depends on the question.

Indeed, like what is short for 'dimethyltryptamine'?

Pleased

Kind regards,

The Traveler

universecannon
#12 Posted : 8/4/2015 8:42:49 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

inaniel wrote:
If this thread has taught me anything

well, it hasn't, but it reminds me how much I dislike vague pseudo-insightful references.

Very happy

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Nathanial.Dread
#13 Posted : 8/4/2015 10:09:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oooh, I can play this game too!

DMT is not
But DMT is, also
None of this makes sense

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Doc Buxin
#14 Posted : 8/5/2015 1:34:35 AM

Pay No Mind

inaniel wrote:
If this thread has taught me anything...

...it is that the OP believes that there are "answers". Wink
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

No Knowing
#15 Posted : 8/5/2015 3:50:47 AM

fool adept

ANSWERS may be hazardous to your Uncertainty. Danger! ANSWERS carry
High Overdose Potential. Remember: ANSWERS are the Thrill That Kills.

JUST SAY NO (thank you) to ANSWERS.

-Antero Alli
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

Nathanial.Dread
#16 Posted : 8/5/2015 4:25:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Doc Buxin wrote:
inaniel wrote:

I take issue with that mentality, actually. Before I started working in neuroscience, I studied mathematics, and I think there is a level of absolute certainty you get in something like number theory that should satisfy anyone. You can take issue with the fundamental axioms, but, within the system, absolute truths are knowable. The question: are there infinitely many primes is answerable.

Blessings
~ND

SpartanII
#17 Posted : 8/5/2015 6:20:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Doc Buxin wrote:
inaniel wrote:

I take issue with that mentality, actually. Before I started working in neuroscience, I studied mathematics, and I think there is a level of absolute certainty you get in something like number theory that should satisfy anyone. You can take issue with the fundamental axioms, but, within the system, absolute truths are knowable. The question: are there infinitely many primes is answerable.

Blessings
~ND

Sure, in this reality maybe...Wink

Nathanial.Dread
#18 Posted : 8/5/2015 6:25:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SpartanII wrote:
Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Doc Buxin wrote:
inaniel wrote:

Blessings
~ND

Did you catch the part about needing to accept the base set of axioms? You're restricted to the system you're working in (which is in turn restricted to one reality), but within the system, there is absolute truth.

Blessings
~ND

SpartanII
#19 Posted : 8/5/2015 6:35:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
SpartanII wrote:
Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Doc Buxin wrote:
inaniel wrote:

Blessings
~ND

Did you catch the part about needing to accept the base set of axioms? You're restricted to the system you're working in (which is in turn restricted to one reality), but within the system, there is absolute truth.

Blessings
~ND

Hey! My axiom is just fine, thank you.Stop

(I didn't know all your big words and stuff, sorry). I think I get it now though.)Laughing

But the thing is, if there is absolute truth, but only relative to the system you're working in, then it's not really absolute though is it?

Semantics are funny...

Nathanial.Dread
#20 Posted : 8/5/2015 7:41:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SpartanII wrote:
Nathanial.Dread wrote:
SpartanII wrote:
Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Doc Buxin wrote:
inaniel wrote:

Blessings
~ND

Blessings
~ND

Hey! My axiom is just fine, thank you.Stop

(I didn't know all your big words and stuff, sorry). I think I get it now though.)Laughing

But the thing is, if there is absolute truth, but only relative to the system you're working in, then it's not really absolute though is it?

Semantics are funny...

This gets into some kind of Godelian logic stuff, but given that you're always within a logical system (and that all systems are incomplete), I feel like it's best to make do with what you have.

Blessings
~ND

12NEXT