We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sweet Baby Jesus that was intense. Now a couple of questions Options

Loungefly
#1 Posted : 8/1/2015 11:41:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First, this is an amazing forum with a lot of great people putting out good stories and good advice. Thank you to you all!! I'm glad I found this website.

Ok, I promise I wont make this a wall of text, so I'll keep this pretty much too the point Smile

Last night was my first experience and words will never do justice, but you all have been there before so I know you can relate. I'm not sure if I had a break through or not (since it was my 1st time), but please let me know if I was there or at least on the right track.

Everything was consumed in one giant lung full and I held it in for as long as I could. After about 20 seconds, I knew I stepped off into the deep end and slowly exhaled. Oh also, this was about 1 AM and the only light source in the bedroom was a pig oil lamp (I bought it at Mortons Steak house)....so no noise except for the ceiling fan and again, just a soft light in the room.

I laid back and felt/heard nothing except a vibration...then the visuals came. Best way to put it was that I was gone....not here nor there...I guess I just "was" if that makes sense. It felt like my entire existence was enveloped in these thin red lines with blue dots or blue designs. Graph paper with red lines and blue designs if you will. It was just me and that....nothing else existed.

Next was a shape that was like center screen to me. An impossible shape that could not exist...something like a cube and a sphere, but somehow combined.

Next thing to happen (happen right before my anxiety attack) was the feeling like my atoms were are being excited....similar I guess to how molecules feel like when something is microwaved. But things were too intense. I remember saying (or thinking) "I dont like this". Best way to describe the anxiety attack was something everyone here has more than likely experienced....that moment when you realize that you shouldnt have taken that last, massive bong hit. That feeling like oh shit, this is going to be a bumpy ride and nothing to do except hold on.

My question to everyone that reads this.....is it possible to break yourself out of a trip?? My only desire was to come back to me (my body), feel normal again. I remember trying to force myself to breath (Im sure I was the entire time though). I forced myself to breath, I sat up and tried to get a grasp of where I was. It was still very intense though for quite sometime. Also, I would say only a couple minutes passed at the time when I sat up.

I some how knew I could have gone MUCH deeper, but honestly....I was not scared....just overwhelmed. So again, reading what I just wrote, is it possible to bring yourself out of that state??

Oh! One last interesting thing! After I got up out of bed (and still very much under the influence) I walked around and was amazed at how everything looked in my house. I saw everything from a new perspective and it was all beautiful. But the weird thing was that I was not alone. I mean, I was alone in the house, but I felt or thought I saw or perceived 3 separate...beings? Things? Donno. I wasnt scared, I wasnt concerned, but I knew I was NOT alone. Has anybody else experience this? I know I told one of these things/creatures "I understand". It was "I understand" or "I get it". I wrote it down thats the only reason I remember it now. Although in hind site, I'm not sure what I meant by it.

Thank you again for this great forum and would love to hear some feed back on this. Also, any suggestions for next time? I have a great respect for this and I feel it can be an amazing tool to use to really look deep inside yourself!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Anamnesia
#2 Posted : 8/2/2015 12:36:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My man! Boy, do I love reading trip reports!Big grin

I have a piece of advice that has helped me through trips and dmt experiences (a dozen or so) alike.
And that is.
Breath. (A Powerful Teacher)

Next time this happens, or you could even try this now if you want to, when in a moment of anxiety and severe panic like, "oh shit, I've done it this time, why the fuck did i do this" type of thing,
simply imagine letting out your whole breath, as if you're exhaling your entire existence. Take a few deep breaths. Deeper and deeper each time.
And then,
Let your stomach/chest/whole being relax into that state of deepness, as if you were relaxing into your final posture of pure perfect peace. (Come to rest and peace in death) Allow yourself to die. Learn to be absolutely alright with that happening.
And then,
Something remarkable will happen. You'll find that as you sink into that darkness/deepness/nothingness/death that you'll suddenly see your breath beginning to fall back in, as if it were the space outside breathing you.

As if it were the space outside breathing you.
It's inhalation is your exhalation.
It's exhalation is your inhalation.

You may just discover in that moment you are immortal.

Because you will find that breath goes on and on and on.
Breath goes on without you, because breath is the real you.

Just as is said: Existence is Love.
So too,
Existence is Breath. There are no beings existing in hyperspace that do not themselves breath, or pulse in some way to sustain life.
Imagine having the total absolute point of view you have forever been awake, and you're thinking you'll never again sleep, because now you are truly Awake, forever and ever.

Never desire, if you can help it, to break out of a trip.
Under no circumstances wish for it to be over. This is the WORST thing one can do, I believe.
The best thing is surrender. Tease yourself out of thought by mentating the question: [i]who. am. I?

Just remember that thing about breath. Breath flows on and on. Consciousness takes care of itself. And rest assured it will be no one other than you that will decide to depart your body.
Genesis is Now, the Mind is Incarnate.

TGO
#3 Posted : 8/2/2015 1:15:19 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Hmmm, to break oneself out of a trip...? In my humble opinion, this would be very difficult to do on a breakthrough level dose of DMT. I am not saying it is impossible, just unlikely. I mean, a breakthrough dose is so intense and so short acting that while you would be trying to figure out ways to get out of it, the trip would already be over (assuming harmalas are not involved). But the mind is powerful so who knows... I would love to hear a personal account of someone who found a way to break out of a breakthrough DMT trip.

I think it boils down to finding a way to embrace whatever is happening and cope with it. DMT is a complete mystery and it will show you some interesting things. Oh, and some people call those things or beings, "entities" ... That is just an umbrella term for the seemingly intelligent and independent creatures/beings/gods/demons/entities/things...call them whatever you like though! We don't really know what they are or what their purpose is but let me tell you, they will show you some crazy things sometimes...Shocked

Lastly, the above comment about breathing is beautiful and you would be surprised at how effective breathing can be. Just breathe man, just breathe! Big grin

Anyway, those are my two cents! Welcome to the Nexus!

PEACE

-The Grateful One-
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Loungefly
#4 Posted : 8/2/2015 1:39:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the insight on the breathing. I have taken hot yoga for years and at the end of every class, we do our breathing exercises. I was trying to do that, but honestly at that point I was just trying to reconnect with myself at that point. I'm not a nervous guy to begin with, so I dont know where that came from other than just feeling over whelmed.

Over all, it was an amazing experience. From what I read, I barely scratched the surface though. Last night I was comparing it to walking into a yard that had a big dog. I dont know the yard and I dont know the dog, but this is HIS yard, I am the guest. Just enter it with confidence and respect. Thats kind of how I think I should approach it next time. Lol, rereading what I just wrote sounds weird, but last night it made total sense.

TGO
#5 Posted : 8/2/2015 1:50:14 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Loungefly wrote:
Last night I was comparing it to walking into a yard that had a big dog. I dont know the yard and I dont know the dog, but this is HIS yard, I am the guest. Just enter it with confidence and respect. Thats kind of how I think I should approach it next time.

Bingo!

Thumbs up

Anamnesia
#6 Posted : 8/2/2015 2:41:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:
Loungefly wrote:
Last night I was comparing it to walking into a yard that had a big dog. I dont know the yard and I dont know the dog, but this is HIS yard, I am the guest. Just enter it with confidence and respect. Thats kind of how I think I should approach it next time.

Bingo!

Thumbs up

Bingo twice!!
Thumbs up
Genesis is Now, the Mind is Incarnate.

Loungefly
#7 Posted : 8/2/2015 5:32:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One...I just read your post about your "First Entity Contact". In it, you mentioned you felt clean a few times. I find that interesting because last night I remember telling myself "I feel clean". I dont know why I said it out loud to myself....maybe to reinforce it? Who knows, but it was important enough to me to write in down in my journal.

I think its amazing that in nearly every experience I have read, all share very common events. Events, feelings, visuals, etc. It seems that no matter what walk of life you come from, what part of the planet you live on, what life experiences you have...everyone has a very similar experience.

TGO
#8 Posted : 8/2/2015 3:11:50 PM

Welcoming committee

Loungefly wrote:
The Grateful One...I just read your post about your "First Entity Contact". In it, you mentioned you felt clean a few times. I find that interesting because last night I remember telling myself "I feel clean". I dont know why I said it out loud to myself....maybe to reinforce it? Who knows, but it was important enough to me to write in down in my journal.

I think its amazing that in nearly every experience I have read, all share very common events. Events, feelings, visuals, etc. It seems that no matter what walk of life you come from, what part of the planet you live on, what life experiences you have...everyone has a very similar experience.

Indeed, it can absolutely have a cleansing effect! After that trip, I felt refreshed and revitalized, all in all, much happier with the world around me. A bit like finding contentment, if you will. While there are definitely similarities in some experiences, what baffles me is how vastly different they can be each time as well. Once I get that feeling of "oh, okay I get/understand it now!" I get thrown a wild curve ball and am taught something new! That's one of my favorite aspects of the DMT journey. Infinite possibilities...

Smile

Ez
#9 Posted : 8/2/2015 9:03:54 PM

"Love is the medicine."

Sometimes I find that it helps to remind myself to just let go. First I concentrate on breathing. In and out. Then I focus on my hands, are they clenched up into fists? If so, I relax my hands and I find this to be a very powerful gesture towards letting go.

Once I've overcome the initial panic everything smoothes out, but if I don't let go, the trip that usually ensues is one of panic and terror. Remind yourself that everything will be just fine. As you previously stated, it's not your yard, so walk in with confidence and respect and prepare to be humbled. Lol.

I've been stuck on a belief that wreaked havoc with my trips fear nearly two years. I was holding onto a belief that made it very hard for me to let go. But after some serious inquiry and being able to talk about what I was feeling with someone else, I discovered that I was merely holding onto a belief (that wasn't even mine). I let go and life is suddenly so much better. Anyhow, thanks for sharing.
(¯`'·.¸(♥)¸.·'´¯Pleased But suddenly you're ripped into being alive. And life is pain, and life is suffering, and life is horror, but my god you are alive and it is spectacular!

Loungefly
#10 Posted : 8/3/2015 1:46:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm, letting go...thats a huge one for me. I have been reading quite a bit lately and I think, in my case at least, that I need to let go of ego. This stuff is an amazing tool! It has really opened my eyes to a lot of things in just a few short days. In saying that, I also see that I am NOT ready to go that deep again...not for a while at least. I have tried it again but at a much lower doseage. Thats good enough for me for the for forseeable future.

Ez
#11 Posted : 8/3/2015 2:02:03 AM

"Love is the medicine."

I'd personally recommend working with syrian rue or b. caapi as it will add a level of depth and guidance that is difficult to obtain from vaping dmt on its own. The easiest method for me has been to eat a few grams of rue wait until it begins to kick in and then start your vape session. Making a nice changa blend is another way to get a little more out of your experience as well, but takes a little more effort and of course you can make tea as well. Good luck my friend.
(¯`'·.¸(♥)¸.·'´¯Pleased But suddenly you're ripped into being alive. And life is pain, and life is suffering, and life is horror, but my god you are alive and it is spectacular!

TimeAgain
#12 Posted : 8/4/2015 1:30:20 AM

DoMoreThinking

Awesome!! Welcome to the world of the unknown!! I myself am 'New' to the Nexus, but not to the mysteriousness. I must say that it would be quite a difficult thing to try and break out of the break-thru as The Grateful One stated. But hey, I only speaking on personal experience and dont really have a full consensus on that particular topic. I wonder tho...

bongo264
#13 Posted : 8/8/2015 2:46:14 PM

Lost puppy

I think that panic attack thing is what a lot of first timers go through.

I know I did. After my first 3 ventures I put it on the shelf for 6 months! Then it called me back and now I am much more capable of handling it.

If you can just let go of everything at that moment no concern for this world or any part of you it helps.

I still get it every once in a while

But getting out of it? Like The Grateful One said by the time you found the way out you would already be shown the way out.