We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
I'm looking forward to dying one day - am I wrong to feel this way? Options

archaic_revival_
#1 Posted : 8/1/2015 8:19:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm looking forward to dying one day, and I'm trying to determine if I'm wrong for feeling this way.

As my parents undergo the aging process, I feel like telling them they should be excited. The end is near, and new life awaits. Awaiting death should be a joyous process.

At the same time, I'm growing increasingly jaded and tired with this human existence. It's like we're programmed to grow up in order to simply work at a job, breed, and consume. And the level at which we consume comes at a great cost to the Earth and other living species.

I will confess, I cannot find much meaning in life and I'm struggling to understand why I am here.

My notions of death changed drastically after my break through. Is Hyperspace what awaits us? If so, wouldn't you rather be there than here?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

tseuq
#2 Posted : 8/1/2015 10:07:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Death of my human experience is inevitable as I am, now.

@archaic_revival; Maybe I will never understand why I am here and what life is, but to me, there might be no meaning in my life as I am the meaning of my life myself, I am.

The question "Am I right / wrong to feel this way?" seems to be in the same realm as "what is the meaning of my life". It might all be equal in value but different in its appearance. I am changing my panorama.

In my opinion, everybody is free (to choose), I am.

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

SpartanII
#3 Posted : 8/1/2015 10:35:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps you have become too sure of your beliefs about Hyperspace, life, and death?

This life could possibly be your only shot.

Even if Hyperspace/Another dimension/Dream-state or other type of after-life awaits us after death, you aren't assured a continuity of awareness. In other words, you may not be able to bring your memories, or even maintain your individuality during or after death.

I offer you some quotes to consider/meditate on:

"The issue of our death is never pressed far enough. Death is the only wise adviser that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you that you're wrong; that nothing really matters outside its touch. Your death will tell you, "I haven't touched you yet."

"One of us here has to change, and fast. One of us here has to learn again that death is the hunter...One of us here has to ask death's advice and drop the cursed pettiness that belongs to men that live their lives as if death will never tap them.

Think of your death now. It is at arm's length. It may tap you any moment, so really you have no time for crappy thoughts and moods. None of us have time for that. The only thing that counts is action, acting instead of talking."

"When a man decides to do something he must go all the way, but he must take responsibility for what he does. No matter what he does, he must know first why he is doing it, and then he must proceed with his actions without having doubts or remorse about them.

Look at me, I have no doubts or remorse. Everything I do is my decision and my responsibility. The simplest thing I do, to take you for a walk in the desert for instance, may very well mean my death. Death is stalking me. Therefore, I have no room for doubts or remorse. If I have to die as a result of taking you for a walk, then I must die.

You on the other hand, feel that you are immortal, and the decisions of an immortal man can be cancelled or regretted or doubted. In a world where death is the hunter, my friend, there is not time for regrets or doubts. There is only time for decisions."

"You have no time, my friend, no time. None of us have time. Don't just agree with me. Act upon it. What I recommend you to do is to notice that we do not have any assurance that our lives will go on indefinitely. Change comes suddenly and unexpectedly, and so does death. There are some people who are very careful about the nature of their acts. Their happiness is to act with the full knowledge that they don't have time; therefore, their acts have a peculiar power.

Acts have power. Especially when the person acting knows that those acts are his last battle. There is a strange consuming happiness in acting with the full knowledge that whatever one is doing may very well be one's last act on earth. I recommend that you reconsider your life and bring your acts into that light.

You don't have time, my friend. That is the misfortune of human beings. None of us have sufficient time. Your acts cannot possibly have the flair, the power, the compelling force of the acts performed by a man who knows that he is fighting his last battle on earth.

We are all going to die...Focus your attention on the link between you and your death, without remorse or sadness or worrying. Focus your attention on the fact you don't have time and let your acts flow accordingly. Let each of your acts be your last battle on earth. Only under those conditions will your acts have their rightful power. Otherwise they will be, for as long as you live, the acts of a timid man. There is no time for timidity, simply because timidity makes you cling to something that exists only in your thoughts. It soothes you while everything is at a lull, but then the awesome, mysterious world will open its mouth for you, as it will open for every one of us, and then you will realize that your sure ways were not sure at all. Being timid prevents us from examining and exploiting our lot as men."

“The art of being a warrior is to balance the wonder and the terror of being alive.”

-Don Juan to Carlos Castaneda, Journey to Ixtlan

I would also recommend that you take the energy that you've invested into your beliefs on hyperspace/death and re-direct it into the integration of your hyperspace experiences, as this will help to balance the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of your being.

Get in more in touch with nature. It's you, after-all! Ground yourself with it. Gardening, hiking in the woods, swimming in a lake or ocean are some options. I've heard that partially burying yourself safely into the earth via sand/dirt is extremely grounding and cleansing. I'm serious!

Stop worrying what society expects of you, or any other negative, energy-draining thought patterns. You're not programmed. You're not a victim. Take responsibility for your happiness and take action.

Prioritize what's important to you. Set micro-goals.

Journal some of your everyday routines and then, if feasible, for a set time period do the opposite of those activities. It will shake things up a bit, highlight and reduce your self-importance, and expand your perception.

If you haven't already, start a gratitude journal and meditate on it everyday. Be thankful of the little things in life, as well as the big ones. Engage yourself in the common, the mundane. You might realize that life is more interesting, beautiful, and mysterious than you thought!Thumbs up

echoes
#4 Posted : 8/1/2015 5:48:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What if I told you you were never born, and will never die?
Live here and now.
Not in the "future". It will never come.
No matter what you've done, you deserve respect. Even if you make mistakes, you're lovable.
And it doesn’t matter - your looks, skills, age, your size, or anything.

You’re worthwhile. No one can ever take that away from you.

Anamnesia
#5 Posted : 8/1/2015 6:30:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"This is not a philosophy of not looking where one is going; it is a philosophy of not making where one is going so much more important than where one is that there will be no point in going.
The life of Zen begins, therefore, in a disillusion with the pursuit of goals which do not really exist–the good without the bad, the gratification of a self which is no more than an idea, and the morrow which never comes. For all these things are a deception of symbols pretending to be realities, and to seek after them is like walking straight into a wall upon which some painter has, by the convention of perspective, suggested an open passage.
In short, Zen begins at the point where there is nothing further to seek, nothing to be gained. Zen is most emphatically not to be regarded as a system of self-improvement, or a way of becoming a Buddha. In the words of Lin-chi, “If a man seeks the Buddha, that man loses the Buddha.”

Watts, Alan W. (2011-02-16). The Way of Zen (Kindle Locations 2432-2439). Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

I'll just leave this here.
Genesis is Now, the Mind is Incarnate.

jamie
#6 Posted : 8/1/2015 8:57:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I look forward to dying as well. I think it was captain hook who said "to die would be a great adventure".

I like my life, but the fact of death looming in the distance does not frighten me. We will all go there some day. In the meantime, I came to earth to party..and humans sometimes do throw one hell of a party.
Long live the unwoke.

Lumpy Nutz
#7 Posted : 8/1/2015 10:10:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I often feel a curious excitement at the idea of death. This species and our planet is controlled by many greedy, rich, non-compassionate individuals who have no realization or caring of the infinite depths of our conscious evolution. And we will inevitably destroy ourselves..
95% of life that has existed on this planet has been extincted. Mother Nature has an inherent force to spiral out and push the envelope to a breaking point. This infinite spiral of expansion ultimately reaches an apex and dies because it has reached its maximums, and is reformed into a higher level of existence. And the cycle goes on and on.
This is natural though! There cannot be growth without death. When we die our spirits and energies are metamorphosed to the next step of this endless evolutionary cycle.

Every ending breeds a new, more elaborate and exciting life for its next phase of growth. NOTHING LASTS BUT NOTHING IS LOST. It just blows up into the infinite, asks itself "what can I change to make this better?" and forms to the next version.

.........x- -- --- ---- >.........x- -- --- ---- >

Cognitive Heart
#8 Posted : 8/2/2015 2:37:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel there is a kind of self-acceptance surrounding our perception of death and also our perception of our own fears involving the experience of physical death we all must face one day. The question is always why? For example, known entheogens invoke this aspect of death, as a kind of transcending awareness through planes of de-conditioning of what we once thought of ourselves, and our previous universal understanding. As such, entheogens unfold our potential in a profound and unique way. Removing obstacles and fears.

It can be easy to assume we know it all yet we know nothing at all. Look at how powerful our death related experiences with these psychedelics really are.. now think of absolute, physical death. Now where is your consciousness? How mysterious it can be.. so I feel that is where a lot of beauty is seen with death, as well. Keep learning.. keep experiencing.. be truly alive in this present moment. Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Ryusaki
#9 Posted : 8/2/2015 2:55:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

travsha
#10 Posted : 8/2/2015 5:03:47 PM

Share Love ~

I think life has no inherent meaning - you are the one responsible for giving it meaning instead. So you dont find the meaning of life, you create it. I think that is a wonderful opportunity, and you might never have the chance again to create something.

I think death will be interesting and I dont see it as a bad thing at all. But I also think that life is short and you never know if you will get another one, so you might as well make the most of it and enjoy while you are here. Everything will come in its time.

With the suffering on this earth, I feel called to help ease the suffering of others and help them find joy and purpose in this life when I am able to. We can create anything we want if we commit to it - I am committed to kindness and hope.....

Sounds like you need to choose a purpose for your life. Might be a good intention in ceremony - ask the medicine to teach you about your passions and what type of life you want to create - what kind of purpose you want to give yourself. Think about what you are good at (or other people say you are good at), or try to describe your ideal day to yourself, or just remember some of the dreams and inspirations you have had but never pursued.... You dont have to play the same game as everyone else and live life they way everyone else does - if you are committed you can create all kinds of unique and beautiful circumstances for your life!

NotTwo
#11 Posted : 8/2/2015 7:10:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Smile
In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

Jees
#12 Posted : 8/2/2015 9:19:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

archaic_revival_ wrote:
I'm looking forward to dying one day, and I'm trying to determine if I'm wrong for feeling this way...
Feeling? IMO this is not about feeling but about having mental concepts about what life is and what death is. I think it's normal to have concepts, but to what extend do they play role? They're just concepts you know. And they are about one against another million other possible concepts. Some of them really get to us, but then it only looks as there is no choice. A change of perspective and they're broken. They're strong, but then again very fragile.

Grizzly Adams
#13 Posted : 8/2/2015 9:51:51 PM

Novice Apprentice of ENTHEON Wizardry

This is my perspective.

What if the 'human experience' is a test or right of passage to another level of existence. Where it is how much we grow in love and compassion, as humans, that we will be rewarded for. How well we live this life, and die well, determines what state or level we will experience next.

There is a clip in DMT: The Spirit Molecule where a participant in Dr. Rick Stassmans study talks about "the area where souls await rebirth".

My mind is starting to open up to the possibility of reincarnation. Imagine that your soul would have to wait 5,000 years to be reincarnated. Have you watched the movie City of Angels with Meg Ryan and Nicolas Cage. Cage played the part of an angel named Seth that gave up eternal immortality for the experience of being 'human'. And what if, the better we live this life expedites our next incarnation.

I also tend to look at it from a Catholic Christian perspective. Let me say this first. Many Ayahuasca experiences are characterized by an entity showing the person their fears and faults, and those can be worked out in this life. All that we do not work out in this life has to be worked out in the next, and that follows the teaching of Purgatory. Purgatory is not pleasant. Those experiences of immense love and joy are only show what is possible and desired, but not what is necessarily inevitable.

This life is not easy. This world is full of evil. But...

I don't want to exit this existence with any regret. I don't want to look back and wish that I had done better with this 'human experience'. Sometimes it can feel like a curse, but that is not real, only a mindset. Those that overcame more and grew more in love and compassion will have the greater reward.

Any psychedelic experience that noes not move us to grow into better 'humans' is an waste of sacred energy, and may be something that we will have to answer for.

That is just my perspective. Things that I meditate on. My belief system has been evolving and I don't think I can say with conviction that I have the right answers, but I feel that I am going in the right direction.
Sometimes a simple analogy is all you need to make things crystal clear. Smile - Akasha224

starway6
#14 Posted : 8/2/2015 9:59:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dont welcome death or fear it ...just live long and enjoy life...

Read the story of Tim Leary and his attitude towards death at age 75...

This man lived in a positive way through his entire life and was loved by many..!

He lived life in such a way that even till death he still had a wink in his eye and saw death just another mystery of life and looked forward to the experiance....

This man was brave and tryed to do many good things durring his life..time...

find his story on google....enjoy..!

Conversations/Timothy Leary;At Death's Door, the Message ...
www.nytimes.com/.../conv...ations-timothy-leary-...
The New York Times
Nov 26, 1995 - TIMOTHY LEARY is dying, and he is delighted to talk about it. A sensualist to the end, he is charting his last few minutes on earth, or at least the .

TheCaterpillar
#15 Posted : 8/2/2015 10:57:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The fear of death is the shadow of the fear of life. Our society is generally afraid of change and new things and death is exactly that.
Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

Metanoia
#16 Posted : 8/2/2015 11:32:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
"to die would be a great adventure".

This is how I see it Smile

Ez
#17 Posted : 8/3/2015 1:38:58 AM

"Love is the medicine."

I would like to begin by saying thank you for sharing your experience and insight. There is absolutely nothing wrong with looking forward to your death. The problem lies in the fact that you have begun longing for it rather than perhaps eagerly anticipating it.

The wisest words I ever heard 50 cent say, is "death's gotta be easy, cause life is hard." At the very least, death will be the sweet release of all worries, fears, and anxieties. The mind will cease its endless chatter and the body will finally quit struggling. All pain will disappear. It will be great. But, and it's a really big but, I firmly believe, that those words which have been echoed so many times, "the kingdom of heaven is upon us." Perhaps this is it. This is that great heaven with a multitude of vegetables, berries, fruits, flowers, and animals right there for the taking, but something has gone astray. Someone figured out how to manipulate others and are attempting to turn our heaven on earth into a hell on earth. I can only imagine that greed and hate fuel this madness.

I believe that the time to rise up has come and the only way to fight this system is to not buy into it. Grow a garden! Grow a pear! Food is the necessity that drives us. If food were everywhere and you didn't have to worry about working enough hours every day to buy food for you and your family, how would that change your life? What if you could spend that time creating things or helping out in local gardens throughout the area?

By growing your own food, you cut yourself out of a huge portion of the equation. If you no longer spend the majority of your income on food, what else could do with that money? Stop buying factory farmed meats. Meat is tasty and I am sure that there is plenty of it, but the way that those animals are treated and what passes for "humane" is absolutely despicable. Thousands of animals housed side by side, with no room to run, until they are finally slaughtered, often in a very terrifying way is preposterous to think of, yet we go to the grocery or super store and buy meat. So, simply stop buying into it. Find a local butcher, build a relationship with a farmer, do it yourself, but stop buying factory farmed meat especially from fast food chains. Not to mention that large retail butchers openly admit to gluing leftover pieces back together with glue that is toxic to inhale and eat, yet remains difficult to taste or see once cooked. Milk, in the U.S. is not only pasteurized, but laden with sugar. Which, is probably why it takes so long to spoil these days. I only discovered this fact recently, but it has thrown my world asunder. Milk always helps my sour stomach.

What about going to the store and buying clothes? Did you go to a chain store and purchase something put together by a child in a third or even second world country? Try buying the majority of your clothing from resale shops. Anything you can think of can be found at a resale shop. Stop spending your hard earned money on shit that you don't need or want. Stop buying into the bullshit. Learn to better. Do you have any skills? Can you fix a computer or an electronic? Like building things? Why not grow a garden. Maybe help someone else grow a garden. See how much food you can give away! Do something. The world is your oyster. Your life can be as wonderful or as aweful as you want to make it. So you can live your life and be miserable and then die, or you can live your life and be joyous, happy, and grateful about it, and then die. And if death is the black nothingness or the end so to speak, then so fucking be it. At least you died trying to make a difference doing what you love. Find what you love and make it your life, because the universe takes care of those who are fulfilling their purpose.

There's got to be something out there that you feel passionate about. Something you feel driven to do. Take a walk and listen to your heart. You have a fantastic outlook on death, perhaps you should spend time with people who are dying. Volunteer or work in a hospice center. Talk about your views of death openly with other people and remind them that there is nothing to fear in death. The only people who suffer from death are those that knew the deceased and it is their difficulty letting go, that creates this chaos. For death is peaceful and death is easy. Life is hard. In our society, we've been lead to believe that death is something to fear, that death should be avoided at all costs, but that's not the case at all. In reality, my government wants me to be able to work and make money for them for as long as humanly possible. Oh, and make a bunch of people to continue the cycle for me long after I'm gone.

I say fuck that. I say, grow some food. Talk about your experiences with psychedelics. Encourage others to experiment with them, and practice being caring, compassionate, kind, and loving, all for the sake of being good, because being good, and doing good things for other people like feeding them fresh organic fruits and vegetables, home grown mushies, sharing some good ganja, or talking about death, or sharing the benefits of psychedelics, feel fucking great!

So go out there and find yourself. Figure out your gift and give it away. Concientiously choose to be happy on a daily basis. Ride the waves of emotions when they come and then let them go (because it's really all just hamburger). Life is a fantastic voyage and I am certain that death will be the next great adventure, but until then, why not try making this place the paradise that it is. Pick up litter, give bums some money, compliment people just to be nice, be kind just to be kind and watch our world change into the kind of place you'll never want to leave.
(¯`'·.¸(♥)¸.·'´¯Pleased But suddenly you're ripped into being alive. And life is pain, and life is suffering, and life is horror, but my god you are alive and it is spectacular!

third-eye-open
#18 Posted : 8/3/2015 2:25:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As far as we know, the only way we can perceive death is while we are alive.
Only the living have any concept of dying.

The grass always seems green one the other side.
Life is a beautiful struggle and there is no evidence that any other life/form of existance would be any different.
This is your story, it is up to you to keep it interesting and everyone's story comes to an end.
Psychedelics sure do poke at these mysteries.
"Realty is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs." -Lily Tomlin

The cosmos is viewed as a spontaneous act of ongoing creation arising out of a womb-like emptiness with unlimited potential.

wesker
#19 Posted : 8/3/2015 7:31:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

now that you don't fear death and you are ready to welcome it you are stronger than before because you can dwell between worlds and remain unaffected, this might give you another point of view, be more objective about every situation that comes to your life, there is no hurry, life will fade on its own.

I you don't like the way the world moves about economics, law, politics, moral, finance, you can always travel somewhere far away and focus into meditation.

remember, there is no hurry for living.
"If I dont know you, you don´t exist."

tseuq
#20 Posted : 8/3/2015 9:28:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wesker wrote:
I you don't like the way the world moves about economics, law, politics, moral, finance, you can always travel somewhere far away and focus into meditation.

When I turn myself away to avoid confrontation, I am dead in my own evolutionary process, I am vicitim of curicumstances, I am the navigationless jellyfish which depends on the current of the ocean.

I am active meditation, I am ongoing integration, what ever it takes, what ever has to be done, I am here, going nowhere because I am nowhere at now!

As soon as I sit myself on a chair and start to feel comfortable, earth shattering truth, I am, is ripping away the chair and digging my face into the dust of earth, I am.

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

12NEXT