We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Interesting Observation and Experimentation with ACRB Goo Options

ChemicalEnthusiast
#1 Posted : 7/30/2015 7:13:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In my last extraction I obtained a good quantity of ACRB goo.

I usually get nice crystals because I do a mini a/b before freeze precipitating. This time I decided to skip the mini a/b and I ended up a good amount of goo. I then went on to experiment with the goo (making changa, recrystallizing, etc.) and I came across an interesting observation...

If the goo is dissolved in acetone and left to sit for 24 hours a 'goo-like' precipitate falls out and the slightly cloudy acetone clears up. At this point I have not touched the solution, I am currently thinking about my next move...

I think I am going to separate the 'goo-like' precipitate and then allow the solution to evaporate. I assume an oily substance containing a high concentration of DMT will remain. I will then attempt to recrystallize the oil using the standard methods described in the wiki and elsewhere.

This method of obtaining crystals from ACRB could be easier and more efficient compared to performing a mini a/b. One could simply perform a standard A/B, combine and evaporate the pulls, redissolve the remaining goo/oil in acetone and continue with the mini tek above.

I will report back with results for anyone interested.
ChemicalEnthusiast attached the following image(s):
IMG_0304 (1).JPG (600kb) downloaded 167 time(s).
IMG_0305 (1).JPG (518kb) downloaded 170 time(s).
20150729_204558.jpg (4,054kb) downloaded 168 time(s).
20150729_203945.jpg (3,727kb) downloaded 166 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ChemicalEnthusiast
#2 Posted : 8/1/2015 7:37:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Update:

I separated the acetone solution from the precipitate and evaporated the acetone at room temperature. A very viscous clear amber colored oil remained. My assumption is that this solution contains almost all of the DMT that was in the original ACRB oil.

I also allowed the precipitate to dry under a fan and a thick dark goo remains. I assume this this goo contains plant fats and oils.

My next step is to gently heat the amber colored oil in order to release any remaining trapped solvent. I will then attempt to recrystallize whatever remains.

I will report back soon.
ChemicalEnthusiast attached the following image(s):
20150801_132352.jpg (4,120kb) downloaded 154 time(s).
20150801_132410.jpg (3,810kb) downloaded 156 time(s).

wesker
#3 Posted : 8/3/2015 7:45:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

what was the result of this? I'm deliberating if I should do an acetone wash to my jungle spice, ive extracted with xylene and then I evaporated the solvent, I finished with a brown thick wax with a strong trypramine smell.
"If I dont know you, you don´t exist."