We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Looking for a plant for Australian conditions Options

Skydome
#1 Posted : 7/25/2015 5:05:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi there.

My climate is quite salty and this winter we've had a lot of frost <2c (<35.6F) mornings, so I did a bit of research, and found that an Accacia would be best suited, however, wattle trees are quite slow growing, and I would like something that can have usable leaves for a small amount of DMT for my first time, within six months, not sure if this is reasonable or not.

I'm not sure what plants there are that would fit this description, if any, the next thing is that I would like to grow it in a pot in my room or something, so maybe a UV set up might be needed, just to keep it out of the frost and to keep my options wide.

Alternatively, if there's a plant that is often sold at nurseries in the condition I need, I could always consider going down the path of buying an already grown plant and getting straight to the extraction process.

Any information would be useful.

Thanks..

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

BundleflowerPower
#2 Posted : 7/25/2015 4:26:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As far your temperatures go, you should be able to grow any of the plants, if you're worried, cover them when it frosts. I grow a bunch of them and it gets just below freezing here once or twice a year, they do fine.

As far as the salt, I would just try different plants. It's all about trail and error at first. Grow some acacias too while you're at, as well, growing the plants takes patience anyway.

Godsmacker
#3 Posted : 7/25/2015 10:52:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PHALALALALALALALALALARIS FTW

Get a cutting of AQ1, plant it in fertile soil (preferably ground that has been cleared so it can spread fast and easy) and wait 6-12 months. You'll have so much of the stuff you may get charged with introducing an invasive species to the country Twisted Evil
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

Skydome
#4 Posted : 7/25/2015 11:44:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replies.

Also to note; I may be moving house soon, so may or may not have enough time to grow some plants in the garden, but for research use, what plants would you suggest both for short/medium growing times?

Would it at all be a possibility to grow some sort of small shrub in a pot in my room or with UV lights?

And with the Phalaris, could this be something that I could get the seed for somewhere and plonk it in a pot and grow it there?

I know this sounds cumbersome, but I don't know how much longer I'll be in this house for.

I'll still certainly look into it however, for future possibility at the bare minimum.

BundleflowerPower
#5 Posted : 7/26/2015 12:31:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You could grow acacia confusa in a pot, I made a brew with the phyllodes the other day, it was active, but I didn't weigh what I used so I have no idea how much it was or how they compare with the rootbark.

Acacia madenii seems to grow a bit faster than confusa in a pot, ime, but confusa gets much larger. What I do with my potted acacias and mimosa hostilis, is I sort of bonsie them, I have them in big pots and keep them about 4-6 feet tall, pruning occasionally, mimosa looks quite nice grown this way.

Another thing I'd suggest is you could grow chacruna, it'll grow fine in your house. Just get some fresh leaves and plant them.

Have you thought about growing the vine? It doesn't contain dmt, but I can say that when I began to grow caapi, magic things started to happen in my life, the plant is simply magic. It'll grow indoors as well.

Looking back on my whole experience growing these plants, when I started I basically just tried different things, like if I had 2 of the same plant, I'd give them each different conditions. After a while I learned to trust my intuition, this is how the plants teach, you just know somehow. I'd say just get as many of the plants a you can and find out for yourself which ones will work.

Check out share the seeds if you haven't already.

Skydome
#6 Posted : 7/26/2015 1:13:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

What do you mean by "Magical things started to happen" re the caapi?

The chacruna might be the way to go for starters if I can just grow it in doors.

Does it need direct sunlight to grow or does it just need some form of light, but not direct?

How much does it need to be watered? And what sort of dmt content does it put out and how long does it take before the leaves are usable?

Also; does the chacruna need any specific conditions to grow better ie temperature/humidity etc?

Where can I get the seed/leaf for it?

Skydome
#7 Posted : 7/27/2015 10:56:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I had a bit of a search and found some Psychotria viridis seeds on ebay.

Question; is it safe to buy the seeds for this plant from an ebay store? or is there a better place for me to get them from?

BundleflowerPower
#8 Posted : 7/27/2015 11:11:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Skydome wrote:
What do you mean by "Magical things started to happen" re the caapi?

The chacruna might be the way to go for starters if I can just grow it in doors.

Does it need direct sunlight to grow or does it just need some form of light, but not direct?

How much does it need to be watered? And what sort of dmt content does it put out and how long does it take before the leaves are usable?

Also; does the chacruna need any specific conditions to grow better ie temperature/humidity etc?

Where can I get the seed/leaf for it?

By magical things, I mean a lot of synchronicities started to happen, I started to meet amazing people, and when it comes to one of these people, it almost seems as if events didn't lead up to our meeting, but rather the meeting itself was attracting events to it. My life is just going magically in general since I started growing caapi.

chacruna naturally grows on the jungle floor, in the shade of the canopy. It likes high humidity, but you could mist it now and then if it's indoors.

eBay seems safe to me.

Skydome
#9 Posted : 7/28/2015 3:51:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. Are caapis easy to grow and how big do they get?

Could I grow one in my room so I can enjoy its company?

With misting; I assume you mean filling up one of those spray bottles and giving it a mist of water on it?

What is the lowest humidity it will tolerant? Currently my room is sitting at 70 percent humidity but it drops to as low as 40 percent and sometimes under.

BundleflowerPower
#10 Posted : 7/29/2015 8:34:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I should note that I've always been a very rational person, it was only once I experienced the plants, synchronicity in my life, met certain people, etc that I became open to other things going on.

Caapi can handle pretty low humidity, it did fine in my house during the winter. It gets big, but you can keep it small, just give it something to climb on.

Skydome
#11 Posted : 7/30/2015 4:11:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cool.

What about the chacruna ? Does it get very big?

I might potentially be moving house out in the country on a two acre block.

In the meantime; I'll do some research and see what I need to start growing either of them in doors.

BundleflowerPower
#12 Posted : 7/30/2015 1:31:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Skydome wrote:
Cool.

What about the chacruna ? Does it get very big?

I might potentially be moving house out in the country on a two acre block.

In the meantime; I'll do some research and see what I need to start growing either of them in doors.

Actually I have no clue how big Chacruna gets, mine are still quite small. But I can say that both caapi and chacruna are super easy to propagate from cuttings. Chacruna can be grown from stem and leaf cuttings, and caapi is very easy to grow from stem cuttings, I've had success growing caapi from young green stems and semi-hardwood cuttings, and my original plant was grown from a woody stem, so you really can't go wrong.

I still think you should give acacias a shot. I have a few acacia seeds of various species, if you're interested, pm me.

Skydome
#13 Posted : 7/31/2015 3:05:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I might look at growing both the caapi's and chacruna from seeds put them in a small/medium sized pot and put one of those climbing things you can get for plants.

I'll definitely look into Acacia's once I see if I am indeed moving out to a house with a larger block of land.

Skydome
#14 Posted : 8/7/2015 7:16:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I was just looking at getting the caapi seed but the place I was looking at had a really high minimum purchase.

Are there any other places in aus selling caapi seeds ?

What should I put in the pot, should I put a proper potting mix or could I take soil from the backyard and fill it up with that?