We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
what is love? Options

Spiralout
#1 Posted : 7/1/2015 11:58:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

how do you define love? What is it, how do you show it, what does it feel like, where does it come from? This is pretty open ended but i feel like it is the one thing i am missing in my life and it does not feel good. Is there a logical way to explain love? Any earnest responses on your thoughts, feelings, ideas concepts etc. On or about love would be very appreciated.

I feel like i used to have this for myself and others and i miss it dearly. How do you keep love in your life?

Sorry for the vagnuess of this post but im hoping to open up new ways of feeling or thinking about this.

Thank you

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DeltaSpice
#2 Posted : 7/1/2015 1:53:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There may be lots of different types of love, that happen to fly rite over my head.
I'm not a very emotional person, I have walls to stop that kind of thing.
The only love I've ever identified with is that with a girl and it was as clear as day.
It filled a gap that I didn't know was there. All of a sudden everything was ok or things that nagged away at me didn't any more.
Going to work or just the having to do day to day things , all of a sudden it was all good.

I never say ,I love you either I think its some thing that is proven instead of spoken.
Also I've yet to feel love on DMT as so many others have.
That's my poor 2 cents worth Laughing

fluidfocus
#3 Posted : 7/1/2015 3:30:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I sometimes think that what many people describe is probably more aptly described as a type of addiction; getting so used to a person and becoming addicted to the pleasure they make you feel mentally and physically, becoming dependent upon them, having them become dependent upon you, having fear about being alone. With exception, definitely. I'm mostly referencing dating/sexual relationships. For example I think real unconditional love is something much more common between parent child or pet owner and pet.

I also think there are different types of love, or at least various things that can be called love. Meaning, the love between two beings is one thing, but anyone who has had the opportunity to really experience the intensely powerful ocean of universal love which seems to underly reality surely recognizes that as something different entirely. It's something that's difficult to describe; it's a pulsating and immense energy, seemingly infinitely powerful, ineffably joyful, nonjudgemental, it can feel like the only that's really real. I sometimes consider that love and consciousness, at a very deep level, are not dissimilar. These are this primal, intelligent forces from which spring forth that which, in infinitesimally limited experiences, gives us glimpses into what we typically think of as love and reality, but which are really just a very very small and filtered view of the unadulterated whole.

RAM
#4 Posted : 7/1/2015 3:56:32 PM

Hail the keys!

Let's defer this to the experts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEXWRTEbj1I
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

universecannon
#5 Posted : 7/1/2015 4:10:35 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Some others thoughts on it
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=55649

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

TGO
#6 Posted : 7/1/2015 5:22:05 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Smile Smile
TGO attached the following image(s):
what is love.jpg (15kb) downloaded 278 time(s).
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

thymamai
#7 Posted : 7/6/2015 7:10:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

love is consensus reality. man's panacea to every evidence of his own faltering in the eyes of his fellows, his answer to the dark that binds his intellect and deters his will.

Ufostrahlen
#8 Posted : 7/6/2015 7:45:29 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

RAM wrote:
Let's defer this to the experts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEXWRTEbj1I

Microsoft is love, Microsoft is light.

Gotta love Euro dance, too.

Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Swarupa
#9 Posted : 7/7/2015 11:08:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I feel that true love exists beyond the opposites of attraction/repulsion and is synonymous with awareness itself, so mind states that appear opposite to love are due to being somewhat unaware, like a kind of blindness.

I feel that when i'm clearly aware of any thing as it is i can't help but have love for it, but when the filter of individuality obscures awareness through habitual tendencies, predispositions, interpretation etc... then it appears to limit love to specific conditions, by seeing through the ways in which we condition love/awareness, we can realize the unconditional love that is our essence.

spacexplorer
#10 Posted : 7/19/2015 9:46:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Love is a state of being

wearepeople
#11 Posted : 7/20/2015 4:52:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

cave paintings
#12 Posted : 7/20/2015 7:41:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

God is love.

As others note, it goes way beyond I think attraction between individuals though this is another way it can be expressed and found. The grace of being here, experiencing anything, now, is in fact an act of love by the universe. Love seems like the highest frequency of being we can hope to achieve on this plane, and in this way we come to be the universe finding itself in the most profound way.
Living to Give

tseuq
#13 Posted : 7/20/2015 9:06:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To me, love is the strongest force I experience, I am. I root in "all one", while love is my way of being/expression.

ps. thank you for my promotion!

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Aegle
#14 Posted : 7/20/2015 4:05:32 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Spractral

Love is difficult to define in words as its almost like trying to describe the ineffable, If I had to try and articulate my own personal definition of love it would be the pure openhearted feeling of touching the alchemical gold. Its like hearing a song that you have never heard before but have always known. It is infinite and eternal and unfurling the love and compassion that you have inside of yourself is one of the most profound and powerful of acts.

I have managed to cultivate self love and compassion through, meditation, mindfulness techniques and through my entheogen experiences. While practicing my own Bodhicitta practice I blow on the wind all the love and compassion that I have within my heart out into the world.

Everything that you are searching for is living inside of yourself...

This quote from Rupi resonates with me deeply and eloquently describes my journey of cultivating love and compassion for myself and finally being able to find the home that I have always been hoping for within others my whole life was living within myself the entire time.

"it was when I stopped searching for home within others
and lifted the foundations of home within myself
I found there were no roots more intimate
than those between a mind and body
that have decided to be whole."

Rupi Kaur

I wish you nothing but safe and happy travels my friend, please be gentle with yourself and take care. ♥

Much Peace and Respect
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

BundleflowerPower
#15 Posted : 7/30/2015 2:13:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is my take on love, I hope it makes sense. To me love seems to be a feeling, and like someone said above, a way to live, I guess it's many things, the divine language.

I had fallen in love with someone about 15 years ago, when I was in high school, but looking back, it wasn't what I would consider love now. When I started having these experiences, I started feeling what rumi talks about, a unity with the universe, a burning fire which is literally in the heart, to me this feeling is love, although I'm vastly over simplifying it. Another thing that showed me real love is meeting a very special person. The love I feel for this person is totally different than anything I've felt for anyone else, it's overwealming at times, and just like the burning fire that the Sufis talk about, this feeling is literally a burning in my heart, not butterflies in my stomach like my first love. It's a totally selfless sort of thing, she was the first person I had ever met who fully accepted everything about me, with no judgment whatsoever. And sometimes I'm a mess because of all this lol, but I'm sure everything will work out just as it should. When it comes to love for another person, I think real love is love without ownership, never having to explain yourself and total acceptance of the one you love. In other words, I think real love also has no expectations, or tries not to anyway, it makes life so much easier. if you have to put on an act, it's not real love.

Love is the feeling one has for their child, that a child has for its mother. Love is empathy, love is understanding. Love is random acts of kindness, love is life itself, for some anyway.

Love is a lot of things I guess. Love is everything in a way.

BundleflowerPower
#16 Posted : 7/30/2015 3:37:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Without love, ones dreams would have no meaning."

- the alchemist

Pharmacognosis
#17 Posted : 7/30/2015 10:34:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Love may be the identity/frequency/consciousness of DNA itself. This may explain the DNA symbolism in peak experiences alongside infinite Love feelings. Also serotonin is an inhibiting chemical like GABA so in taking serotonergics like the classic ego-destroyers (LSD/DMT/Psilocybin/5-MEO-DMT) we could be suppressing the false component consciousness of the individual to experience the mass consciousness of terrestrial life as a unitary organism. Love in this case would be the oversoul of Life.

(just a theroy that rings true for me.)

BundleflowerPower
#18 Posted : 7/31/2015 12:32:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pharmacognosis wrote:
Love may be the identity/frequency/consciousness of DNA itself. This may explain the DNA symbolism in peak experiences alongside infinite Love feelings. Also serotonin is an inhibiting chemical like GABA so in taking serotonergics like the classic ego-destroyers (LSD/DMT/Psilocybin/5-MEO-DMT) we could be suppressing the false component consciousness of the individual to experience the mass consciousness of terrestrial life as a unitary organism. Love in this case would be the oversoul of Life.

(just a theroy that rings true for me.)

Interesting. And matches some of my experiences as well. I think that dna is most def playing some role in these experiences, imo. There does seem to me to be some sort of information retrieval going on with dna, once again, imo.

Doc Buxin
#19 Posted : 7/31/2015 1:05:12 AM

Pay No Mind

Until one can love themselves totally & completely,

One will never find real love outside of themselves...

Once one loves themselves totally & completely,

One will find real love everywhere they look.

I just made that up right this moment for this thread.

It is simply my own take on the whole love thing.

Peace.Smile
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

BundleflowerPower
#20 Posted : 7/31/2015 2:22:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Doc Buxin wrote:
Until one can love themselves totally & completely,

One will never find real love outside of themselves...

Once one loves themselves totally & completely,

One will find real love everywhere they look.

I just made that up right this moment for this thread.

It is simply my own take on the whole love thing.

Peace.Smile

This is very true indeed, and right here I should thank the plants, and nature itself, for enabaling me to do just this^. And thanks to you all as well, for sharing your knowledge with me, before I even signed up, allowing me to have these experiences.

12NEXT