We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
The Art of Being Humbled Options

Doc Buxin
#21 Posted : 7/28/2015 7:07:15 PM

Pay No Mind

Chronic wrote:
...if you go into a trip full of identity then it may all be stripped away, so i find it best to go in empty...

I have found this to be true.

drfaust wrote:
Reality is my witness and I bow down before what simply and most ordinarily is.
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TGO
#22 Posted : 7/29/2015 12:08:14 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

There are so many good points it is hard to know where to begin! You guys are awesome!

drfaust wrote:

...Humility in that sense is perhaps not what Grateful means. "humble without inferiority" is perhaps what he is getting at.

That is exactly what I am getting at! Thank you for putting it so elegantly. I have not been humbled in a way as to me being "put in my place" but rather I have FOUND my place in this world.

Maybe it is not even that, it is more like I am now comfortable with everything in my life. Like a feeling of Zen and oneness has overcome me since my last big breakthrough. I can't recall a time where where I've been so at peace with everything. I have been shown what it means to be content and it is beautiful!

Jees wrote:
I concluded that plant-works are very safe "simulations" (by lack of a better word) of life/death brink situations that are quite huge levers for life transformation potentials. The event lead to even more appreciating the works we do.

I couldn't agree more. My reality (during my last breakthrough) had been completely switched to something dark and powerful...not necessarily bad or evil but absolute. It was very difficult to take it all in...all at once... not to mention my ego death was nearly instantaneous. Very intriguing, Jees. Thank you!

tseuq wrote:
I can live in a cave or in a palace, sit in the rain, in the snow, in the sun, in the dark, in the light, in fear, in love, I can do entheobotanics, I can lose my legs and arms, I can sit in prison, I can be part of a big lovely family, what ever, it all doesn't matter in a way of affecting me in that I am.

You truly have a wonderful perspective on life, tseuq. And you always seem to be able to come up with something very elegant and inspiring. Your words have warmed my soul! Smile

DeltaSpice wrote:
I probably shouldn't post this because I think people might attack me (Key stroke wise) for saying it.

I really don't like the word humbled.
To me it sounds like weakness.
I have been astounded ,flabbergasted and shocked.
I've had an experience that shocked me to my core and I spent 7 days and nights thinking about it, its all I could think about but it didn't humble me.
There and then I've never been brought to tears either.
Maybe I have all of this to come?
Maybe I am in a constant state of humble therefore I wouldn't recognise it out of the norm?
Peace Love

Edit. On reflection, there is some part of me that can never be subdued and its not my Ego.

This is a very interesting way to look at it! But as I mentioned above, in so many words, I don't consider my humbling experiences to be directly related to being weak or showing weakness. I am being humbled in a sense that I was shown who I am and what I can aspire to be. Like I said, I have not been "put in my place" ... Instead I have found my place. I am thankful that I can be humbled because if I couldn't I would have a really hard time integrating these experiences and learning how to apply the lessons in everyday life. Thank you for your perspective!

Chronic wrote:
I've found that rather than relying on the substance to do all the work it's best to go in already surrendered to allow for a smoother transition... if you go into a trip full of identity then it may all be stripped away, so i find it best to go in empty _/\_

Very well put! I think that must be some of my issue...learning how to let go before journeying is something easier said than done but it is something that I am learning about more and more with each passing day! Thank you!

Tattvamasi wrote:
Every time I take any sort of committed dose of a psychedelic, especially tryptamine based, im humbled almost immediately. Anymore for me, tryptamine based psychedelics at sufficient dosages in an optimal setting lead every single time to me on my knees, and if im not on my knees, im completely dissolute to the point that motor function and the outside world is gone; it's just The Other. I wouldn't have it any other way - those experiences where your fingers are barely in grasp of everyday Life and the You along with consensus reality are completely and ruthlessly washed away, like a duck in the arms of a hurricane; leaving nothing other than the hurricane itself. Anymore, these are why I take these substances; which due to that - is fairly rare now. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Well said! That is such a marvelous sentence. I can't even think of anything to add... Smile
Thank you Tatt!

Legarto Rey wrote:
Could not be worded more perfectly!!! A bit of facility with entheogen use(substance, technique, set/setting) reveals(for most)the extreme sacredness of their consensus reality dissolution "magic". It's that, REMEMBER!!, WAKE THE F UP!! message reminding us of the profundity of our awareness through this sentient ape reference frame. As described by TTA, once this message is received/experienced, an occasional revisitation suffices.

"like a duck in the arms of a hurricane", FOR SURE!

Thanks TTA, Peace

Thumbs up Thank you for your thoughts!

I feel truly blessed to be able to have such meaningful discussions with all you wonderful people. I know I said it a bunch of times already but:

Truly and deeply, from the bottom of my heart, I thank each and every one of you!

Smile Smile Smile

-The Grateful One-

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

DeltaSpice
#23 Posted : 7/29/2015 3:35:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The reason I said that people might attack me for this post is because it suggests that you are weak and I am strong.

Now I understand a bit better.
You don't mean it in the way that I thought.
You are not lesser or lower or belittled .

You have been made to feel extremely modest by what you have experienced.
I'm sure we have all felt that to some degree Thumbs up

TGO
#24 Posted : 7/29/2015 3:42:55 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

DeltaSpice wrote:
The reason I said that people might attack me for this post is because it suggests that you are weak and I am strong.

Now I understand a bit better.
You don't mean it in the way that I thought.
You are not lesser or lower or belittled .

You have been made to feel extremely modest by what you have experienced.
I'm sure we have all felt that to some degree Thumbs up

Smile

I am glad we are able to come to an understanding! I definitely did not take it as a personal attack, by the way! Any and all perspectives are always welcome. I like to see the whole spectrum of the discussion and you brought that! So thank you!

BundleflowerPower
#25 Posted : 7/29/2015 4:04:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've gone through several cycles now, of being humbled, then coming to think I'm starting to have it figured out, then being totally humbled again, both by the entheogenic experience and by certain events in life. This has helped me tremendously by constantly reminding me that I have a long way to go. I couldn't imagine living the life I led before all this, that seems like another life completely now.

TGO
#26 Posted : 7/29/2015 5:08:35 PM

Welcoming committee

BundleflowerPower wrote:
I've gone through several cycles now, of being humbled, then coming to think I'm starting to have it figured out, then being totally humbled again, both by the entheogenic experience and by certain events in life. This has helped me tremendously by constantly reminding me that I have a long way to go. I couldn't imagine living the life I led before all this, that seems like another life completely now.

Yes, indeed. I have also noticed that it seems to be cyclical in its nature. When I first made this thread, I was still coming to terms with the most powerful journey I had had at the time. Then I revived this thread because I was hyper-slapped even harder. I can never stop learning from this, that is what I find the most intriguing. I never want to stop learning either.

IME, DMT is the master of throwing us curve balls.

Smile

BundleflowerPower
#27 Posted : 7/29/2015 6:40:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:

I can never stop learning from this, that is what I find the most intriguing. I never want to stop learning either.

Smile

Indeed. I love learning new things, I love finding new questions to ask ever more. I just love knowledge.

Doc Buxin
#28 Posted : 7/29/2015 6:42:57 PM

Pay No Mind

The Grateful One wrote:
...DMT is the master of throwing us curve balls...

Yes indeedy, 'tis for sure the master of throwing us curve balls!!! Surprised Big grin
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

BundleflowerPower
#29 Posted : 7/30/2015 2:29:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is an awesome thread btw.

TGO
#30 Posted : 7/30/2015 1:24:40 PM

Welcoming committee

BundleflowerPower wrote:
This is an awesome thread btw.

Love Love Love

"The next time you feel unworthy, inadequate or inferior, remember that these experiences have nothing to do with humbleness, any more than lowering yourself to connect with another individual has to do with humbleness. There are no lower or higher individuals in the perception of a humble person. There are only souls. There is only love."

-Gary Zukav-

Smile

BundleflowerPower
#31 Posted : 7/30/2015 1:50:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To me, these experiences have to do with opening me to new possibilities. There are just so many things that I would have laughed at the notion of 3 years ago, yet here I am 😎. And I love it, I love the plants, I love the people I've met through these experiences and I love all of you as well.

DeltaSpice
#32 Posted : 7/30/2015 2:59:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did some more thinking (Dangerous) Smile

What I feel after a special session is "Honoured"
Totally honoured that that was shown to me, I guess that's in the same realm as being humbled.

TGO
#33 Posted : 7/30/2015 4:32:33 PM

Welcoming committee

DeltaSpice wrote:

Totally honoured that that was shown to me, I guess that's in the same realm as being humbled.

Definitely in the same realm, I'd say. Now we just need to make a venn diagram to compare and contrast with! Very happy

But in all seriousness, it really is an honor and a blessing to be able to have these experiences at all. As wild as these journeys are, I've rarely felt so grounded and alive. Finding new perspectives or being shown new perspectives through your own experiences or through the eyes of someone else is something that isn't too hard to find here in/on the Nexus. But finding that kind of connection out in the everyday hustle and bustle of life? It is like trying to find that damn needle in the haystack! Laughing

BundleflowerPower
#34 Posted : 7/30/2015 6:21:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeltaSpice wrote:

When I first started out, and had a couple of really powerful experiences, this is how I felt. In fact it was such a shock to me that I would ask, why me? Who am I to be shown this? Then I realized, why not me. Hardly anyone cares, nature must have known that I cared.

Doc Buxin
#35 Posted : 7/30/2015 6:36:45 PM

Pay No Mind

BundleflowerPower wrote:
Who am I to be shown this? Then I realized, why not me. Hardly anyone cares, nature must have known that I cared.

Precisely!!!!Very happy
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

BundleflowerPower
#36 Posted : 7/31/2015 12:28:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm just glad I'm part of the nexus. I only know 3 people who know like we know, and 2 of them are 100s of miles away. That alone humbles me.

TGO
#37 Posted : 7/31/2015 10:13:44 PM

Welcoming committee

BundleflowerPower wrote:
I'm just glad I'm part of the nexus. I only know 3 people who know like we know, and 2 of them are 100s of miles away. That alone humbles me.

I really don't know what I'd be doing without the help and support from the Nexus. It is very humbling and beautiful to have found a place with such like-mindedness. To me, finding ourselves and delving deep into our minds demands a sense of humility from us...otherwise, what is the point of it all? ...

...To see pretty colors and designs of Godlike creatures and buildings? Maybe, but I think the lessons have immense potential to go much further than that... But you have to be paying attention or you will miss it completely. We could think about it this way:

Just because a man wears a tool belt, it does not mean he knows how to use all those tools or that he is qualified to even wear a tool belt in the first place. So, in a sense, DMT is a tool to unlock the innermost workings of the mind but do we really know how to use this tool/key effectively and to its full potential? Not completely, and that is why choosing a psychedelic path in life is a lifelong commitment.

Now, I am not saying that once you take psychedelics you must take them for life. What I am saying is that once you take a psychedelic, it will likely change you and your perspective for the rest of your life and will forever be a part of who you are. That, in and of itself, can have the potential to be very humbling, IMHO!

My goal:

Explore the change(s)
Support the change(s)
Embrace the change(s)
BE the change(s)

Live, Laugh, Love, and Tripp Hard!

Smile

Jees
#38 Posted : 8/1/2015 7:26:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One, you're an amazing

Big grin

TGO
#39 Posted : 8/1/2015 10:15:32 AM

Welcoming committee

Laughing

Pleased

TGO
#40 Posted : 9/13/2015 1:55:38 AM

Welcoming committee

Alright, so it has been a bit over a month since I last posted on this thread. I have had a few decent and rewarding experiences since then but none to write home about (don't know how my mom would respond to that kind of letter...Laughing )

Basically I am bumping this thread to see if anyone else would like to share a humbling experience you may have had. Or even a humbling revelation or epiphany...?

In my latest experience (pharma style), I was shown that "I am always halfway between everything." What does that mean? I'm not entirely sure yet but I am spending some time integrating and figuring it out.

Anywho...

Very happy

PREV123NEXT