We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Spice + Salvia? Options

Scew
#1 Posted : 7/28/2015 7:53:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I've been wondering this for awhile now, but has anyone tried spice and then taken a hit of salvia? My experience with each of these has been excellent in a variety of dosages (and strengths with salvia) and am really curious if they synergize?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Doc Buxin
#2 Posted : 7/28/2015 8:11:17 PM

Pay No Mind

Scew wrote:
So I've been wondering this for awhile now, but has anyone tried spice and then taken a hit of salvia? My experience with each of these has been excellent in a variety of dosages (and strengths with salvia) and am really curious if they synergize?

I mixed the two in a vaping session several months ago...

It was Insanity incarnate ( with a capital "I" ) as far as I'm concerned.

I can't even begin to describe the experience, it was just way too bizarre.

I can't say that I would ever do that again.

I love DMT & I love Salvia divinorum, but I'll probably keep the two seperate from here on out.

On the other hand, I might mix them again if I get some wild, crazy hair up my butt...

However, you've been forwarned.Wink

This mixture is definitely not for the faint of heart & I personally would never suggest that anyone try this themselves. That being said, I'm not against anyone doing it, I'm just saying that I would never suggest it.

Peace
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Pihuechenyi
#3 Posted : 7/28/2015 9:38:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not exactly vaped spice and salvia but here's a good one from the archives: aya and salvia

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=24444

Metanoia
#4 Posted : 7/29/2015 3:12:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I make a changa blend that I call my "Salvia Special" I have a set recipe now after some trial and error. I have an extremely low tolerance to Salvia so the blend has been suitable for other people as well (in terms of dosage of salvinorins)

It works very well. After using this combination many, many times I kind of see the Salvia as the Yin and the DMT as the Yang. The harmalas actually potentiate the Salvia as well as the DMT. They don't battle with each other, they instead form a synergetic experience. I've taken two different substance before that seemed to 'fight' each other rather than compliment so this I can say is not one of those combinations.

travsha
#5 Posted : 7/29/2015 6:31:07 PM

Share Love ~

One of my favorite authors tested salvia a few times during Ayahuasca ceremony and had interesting results.... Sounds intense though. He said Salvia for the most part took over the experience, and for a week or two all his other Ayahuasca ceremonies included salvia visuals....

I only chew salvia now - I dont like smoking it at all..... Chewing is gentle, loving and beautiful - and in my experience a million times more insightful. Been thinking about trying it at the end of a San Pedro journey sometime.....

VonDestiny
#6 Posted : 7/29/2015 6:41:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wouldn't be brave enough to mix these two. My experience with Salvia has been rather unpleasant to say the least, dragging that into hyperspace would be rather fear invoking.

DmtinMe2
#7 Posted : 7/30/2015 1:13:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

salvia leaf is very gently almost like smoking ganja with a dream like quality.. tinctures are awesome ,it's when an extract of salvia is used that it can become to much for some. Salvia and blue lotus tincture has given me some incredible dreams and meditative journeys.

hdubyah
#8 Posted : 7/30/2015 9:23:53 PM
T'was brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves, and the mome raths outgrabe...

Oh, you're braver than me, I wouldn't mix the two, I think it would be too weird, but I also don't care much for salvia, just makes me frightened, disoriented, and confused. Wouldn't want to chance mixing that with a breakthrough experience on DMT.

Complexity
#9 Posted : 8/2/2015 11:32:08 AM

Being & Becoming

Such combos make me dream.

Salvinorin A, unlikely any other well-known psychedelic, acts upon k opiod receptors.
DMT acts upon 5-HT ones.
They so seem to offer two different spectra of the psychedelic experience and, adding the fact that they have a similiar duration, I would say they seem to complement and synergize.

By the way I'm speaking just based on the little I know, I've not experienced the combo nor the two substances yet.

Who knows how many other psy-receptors (pass me the term) could be activated that maybe we're not aware of? And maybe, if concurrently, what uninmaginable experiences could arise?

Good and safe voyages to all!

My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists. - Nikola Tesla

Anamnesia
#10 Posted : 8/2/2015 6:03:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Metanoia wrote:
I make a changa blend that I call my "Salvia Special" I have a set recipe now after some trial and error. I have an extremely low tolerance to Salvia so the blend has been suitable for other people as well (in terms of dosage of salvinorins)

It works very well. After using this combination many, many times I kind of see the Salvia as the Yin and the DMT as the Yang. The harmalas actually potentiate the Salvia as well as the DMT. They don't battle with each other, they instead form a synergetic experience. I've taken two different substance before that seemed to 'fight' each other rather than compliment so this I can say is not one of those combinations.

Hey do you mind explaining what exactly you do to make it - like proportions of dried matter/extract and so on.
I'm very curious about this combination. I've recently began growing my own salvia plant (so excited!Big grin ) and I'm waiting until I've got maybe fifty or so leaves on it.

Then,

I'll take 18 pairs or so, and soak them in 95% ethanol (mixing into the ethanol a certain amount of my dmt tincture).
Then, as I understand it so far, this is how you make changa,
except we're doing it with salvia leaves.

Enriched Salvia anyone?

That's how I planned to do it - I'm curious how you put yours together!

Peace
Genesis is Now, the Mind is Incarnate.

Metanoia
#11 Posted : 8/3/2015 2:03:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Metanoia's Salvia Special

1 gram DMT. (I find the amber waxy stuff I get from Acacia worked better than fluffy crystal from either MHRB or ACRB)

200mg freebase harmalas. (I'm overly sensitive to harmalas but the Salvia is also potentiated along with the DMT so adjust ratios carefully!)

I start with a Salvia extraction by taking some anhydrous acetone and putting it in the freezer to get it as close to 0° as possible. I put 2 grams of crushed Salvia leaf in my french press and do three pulls with the freezing acetone, ~ 1 minute each pull. Sometimes I'll take the acetone pulls and let them settle overnight to remove some of the sediment, sometimes not. We're only using 2 grams here so it's still a very clean extract either way. I then use that acetone as the solvent for the changa and dissolve the DMT and harmalas (as best I can, harmalas can be tricky).

For the herbs I use equal amounts of:

Salvia divinorum
Salvia apiana
Salvia officinalis

Totaling a gram (or the same amount of DMT) so about 333mg each.

Important to note that salvinorin A is sensitive to UV light while in solution in the acetone. It's best to perform the extraction (and evaporation) in a dimly lit/dark room.

wesker
#12 Posted : 8/3/2015 2:45:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

once I had the same thought of mixing both but after I tried them separately I'm not even gonna attempt to try this, salvia always ends up sucking me into a very dark void which leads to the place of the dark pyramids, I rater stay on this side.
"If I dont know you, you don´t exist."

mondo
#13 Posted : 8/3/2015 4:41:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like your recipe Metanoia
I've also made salvia changa with about equal parts salvia and dmt, but I am thinking for my next changa blend to use caapi leaf extract and salvia extract.
For me, salvia is brighter than dmt so it helps me remain more comfortable in the experience.
I also like taking small doses of salvia changa for meditation and for antidepressant like effects.
“The time was fast approaching when Earth, like all mothers, must say farewell to her children.” Arthur C. Clarke 2001: A Space Odyssey

Metanoia
#14 Posted : 8/3/2015 4:54:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mondo wrote:
I like your recipe Metanoia
I've also made salvia changa with about equal parts salvia and dmt, but I am thinking for my next changa blend to use caapi leaf extract and salvia extract.
For me, salvia is brighter than dmt so it helps me remain more comfortable in the experience.
I also like taking small doses of salvia changa for meditation and for antidepressant like effects.

Thanks Smile

I use Salvia as an antidepressant and meditation aid all the time as well. Plain leaf. I rarely smoke the extracts any more. I sometimes quid fresh leaf when I harvest some of my plants. I also have had success with putting fresh leaf through a wheatgrass juicer to cold press the juice from the leaf. Works quite well.