We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV116117118119120NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

Tryptallmine
#2341 Posted : 6/27/2015 11:00:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Back fingers wrote:
Quick question and thought, let me know if my heads on straight: I just did thick lights acrb tek on a 125 grams of powdered bark. I filtered the bark and discarded solids before basifyimg, was this not needed? Also I noticed when the warm water bath I had my vessel in for the pulls got a little to warm, like after adding a kettle of hot water, I noticed the np got a little yellowish. my thought was maybe some goo related substances are more happy to jump to the np if it's too warm, sound correct? Also I noticed thick light mentioned that the crystals that precip at room temp tend to be more pure than the freeze precip crystals. My thought was, why not do multiple pulls and get all the crystals that precip at room temp first and then reduce the np and do more pulls until you don't get any room temp crystals, then move on to freeze precip, wouldn't that theoretically lead to higher quantity a of clean crystals and save any and all gooey pulls till the very end. It may take a little longer. Anyway I'm not very chemistry Savy but this just occurred to me, I'm gonna try it out, I have another 125 left. Will report back in a while. But for now, any thoughts? Am I thinking right or am I confused?

I think the logic on purity and freeze vs evaporation is probably a little flawed. They crash out due to a very high saturation in the solvent but in terms of purity it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It'll have more time to form solid crystal structures the slower you evaporate the solvent.

You could just evaporate the whole lot. You don't have to freeze precipitate the dish. Slowly crystallizing will result in larger well formed crystals.

Did you clean it at all by backsalting? (Mini A/B). If you did, you shouldn't really have any goo at all?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

tseuq
#2342 Posted : 7/29/2015 2:59:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This post ist related to EW ACRB-Tek:

I am still messing around with my 0.5% yield and trying to figure out what the cause is. I already tried different amounts and variantions (5% - 25% - 60%) of acid and different amounts of NaOH in the ARCB-basic-soup, hitting a ph of 2-3 in the acidic-phase and 12+ in the basification phase, same with the mini A/B.

Only the ACRB powder I used is the same in all attempts, whereas I don't believe that the N,N-DMT content of the powder is really that low.

The saturated naptha which I pull from the ACRB-basic-soup is super milky (even if Cyb wrote that this is not a sufficient sign of a high N,N-DMT saturation) and I put it directly into my mini A/B bottle with already acidic water with a ph of 2-3 inside. After 15min of gently rolling on the table I pull the clear naphta and go on with basifiying. Maybe the alcaloids are still in the naphta which I pull before basifying? Or is there any heatbath of the acidic or basic soup in the mini A/B which I always forget about?

Confused tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

FLeP
#2343 Posted : 7/29/2015 3:30:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you done multiple vinegar/acid pulls on your first naphtha pulls. My first time with the EW tek I had spice backed up in my original naphtha pulls becuase I had only done one pull on them when doing the mini-A/B.

inaniel
#2344 Posted : 7/29/2015 10:31:47 PM

mas alla del mar

Hello everyone, i had a few quick questions

I'm working on my first successful extraction using earthwalkers tek and cybs tek as a blue print. Because of time constraints i'm only able to do a pull a day or every few days.

I have a simple, somewhat silly question, but how long does it usually take you guys to separate the the naptha? I have a glass pipette and it takes about an hour to get it all out carefully, and even then i still see a bit left... am i just a noob to this or is there a specific trick i need to know?

Also, I've successfully done a freeze evap for the first two pulls and wanted to experiment with letting the naptha evap in the open air, as it is incredibly hot here in texas. Do i need to cover this at all, or just use something like mesh to keep insects and other such things away?

Thanks

tseuq
#2345 Posted : 7/30/2015 9:09:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FLeP wrote:
Have you done multiple vinegar/acid pulls on your first naphtha pulls. My first time with the EW tek I had spice backed up in my original naphtha pulls becuase I had only done one pull on them when doing the mini-A/B.

Yes, in my last attempts I always did one mini A/B with the collected naptha pulls from my ACRB-basic-soup. How many are you doing?

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

FLeP
#2346 Posted : 7/30/2015 2:50:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I only did one mini-A/B but I did multiple vinegar pulls on my original solvent to make sure I had gotten all the goodies to migrate over.

Inaniel: I would recommend a glass turkey baster or syringe to help you get everything out a little quicker. You could also use a ladle if your jars opening is large enough. As far as evaporating outside, yes a piece of screen or something not-air-tight to keep bugs out is highly recommended. Bugs love spice.

JustCurious.
#2347 Posted : 7/30/2015 3:38:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Inaniel - I think a glass pipette is by far the most effective instrument for removing your solvent, turkey basters are definitely not as useful IMO. You don't need to get every last drop of solvent out at once, you can just retrieve that last tricky layer at the end.

After you have done your pulls, there will be a layer that is tricky to remove. You can do a 'rough' pull, where you get every last drop of this tricky layer which may result in you sucking up some of the basic mix. Empty this rough pull into a tall, thin glass and let the layers settle. This will make it much easier for you to retrieve all the solvent without sucking up any basic mix.

If you follow EW's tek down to a tee, then it should exhaust your bark of all the alks. It takes me about a minute or two to retrieve each pull, taking an hour to remove one pull is just completely wasting time man.

TGO
#2348 Posted : 7/30/2015 3:44:32 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

*off topic*
FLeP wrote:
Bugs love spice.

Not to derail this very helpful thread but the above is very true. A few months ago, my garbage disposal broke. It took the maintenance people a month to get over to my apt and fix it. Needless to say, gnats started enjoying their stay. Anytime I had vinegar evaporating, I had to have a fan blowing too just to keep them out of my spice! Apple cider vinegar does wonders for making traps, btw. Gnats can't resist... Big grin

*back on topic*

@inaniel - it is virtually impossible to get every drop of naphtha but that is why multiple pulls are done. Narrow containers seem to help with this, IME. The more narrow your container the "thicker" the separation will appear to be. Just be careful not to suck up any basic soup! Good luck!

EDIT: Laughing JustCurious beat me to it!

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

inaniel
#2349 Posted : 7/30/2015 7:07:36 PM

mas alla del mar

Cheers, fellows.

One more question, i've so far completed three pulls from 200 grams of acacia confusa (100 gram batches each) and I have a little over a gram so far. Oddly enough, I got more on the third pull than my previous first two pulls combined, likely because of my poor separation technique (thankfully, my wife showed me how to use the pipette more efficiently), my last question is thus

If my soup has been sitting around since sunday, should I re-basify or do any other previous steps before my fourth pull? Or am i good to go for another round?

p.s. after failing once before on a food safe tek, i must say its incredibly satisfying seeing the freebase in my baking dish : )

TGO
#2350 Posted : 7/30/2015 7:21:44 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I've let my basic mix sit for a week or more on many occasions and I have never had to add any more base. I have a busy schedule a lot of the time and usually only do a few steps of the extraction per day.

So basically Very happy , your mix should be fine but you could always test the PH with some litmus paper or a PH meter if you have one. Otherwise, I think your fourth pull will come out just fine!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

inaniel
#2351 Posted : 7/30/2015 7:38:20 PM

mas alla del mar

Thanks, Grateful One!

brilliantlydim
#2352 Posted : 8/4/2015 6:45:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So people I having been experimenting a bit with ACRB. One thing I have tried was acidifying my solution and then doing the freeze thaw routine. I did it and had my guys out of the freezer and sealed in jars. I left them for maybe two weeks and I was about ready to do something with them when I noticed that they have mold growing one them. What should I do, just throw it all away?

Interestingly they vary in degree of mold growth with the varying amount of acid I used. The more acid the less growth in the jar.

swam rollbre
#2353 Posted : 8/13/2015 11:08:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

why do we use MgSO4 to dry our acetone instead of NaCl? i know it works for ipa.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...ers/house/DMTDiagram.png
"To fathom Hell, or soar angelic, just take a pinch of Psychedelic." -Humphrey Osmond
"Describing the difference between MDMA and MDA to the unexperienced is like trying to explain the difference between shiraz and cabernet to someone who only thinks in terms of 'red wine / white wine'." -Lamont Granquist
"Yo! My lab got creamed; I had to dummyrig an alchemical filter out of a dirty bidet and a vaporizer!" -Ron James, Adventure Time.
Noobs plz read https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=318336
http://deoxy.org/entheop.htm

gwynplaine
#2354 Posted : 9/13/2015 6:02:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have about 500g mimosa hostilis root bark powder leftover. From around my sign up date. So it's about six to seven years old. Done STB extracts before, went well when it was brand new.

Not stored very well, but it was in shade most of the time and it was in a plastic bag (opened) put aside in a tupperware container. So possibility of oxidation happening?

What's the best tek? Go for a DMT-fumarate extraction?

Nereus
#2355 Posted : 9/13/2015 3:01:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FLeP
#2356 Posted : 9/13/2015 3:08:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gwynplaine wrote:
I have about 500g MHRB bark powder leftover. From around my sign up date. So it's about six to seven years old. Done STB extracts before, went well when it was brand new.

Not stored very well, but it was in shade most of the time and it was in a plastic bag (opened) put aside in a tupperware container. So possibility of oxidation happening?

What's the best tek? Go for a DMT-fumarate extraction?

Your bark is most likely just fine. A standard STB would be fine as well. DMT is very stable in it's salt form which is what form it is in your bark.

pitubo
#2357 Posted : 9/14/2015 12:14:33 AM

dysfunctional word machine

swam rollbre wrote:
why do we use MgSO4 to dry our acetone instead of NaCl? i know it works for ipa.

Because NaCl would dry neither acetone nor isopropyl alcohol. What NaCl does is called "salting out" and it is typically done with a very wet solvent. Shaking the very wet solvent with NaCl (or another salt that is insoluble in the solvent but soluble in water) causes two layers to form, one layer of water with a lot of salt dissolved and one layer of solvent, with still appreciable amounts of water mixed in. It will generally not cause the solvent layer to be freed from water.

Salting out is useful when there is so much water mixed in with the solvent that a drying agent would be inefficient to use. After salting out and separating phases, you can use a conventional drying agent for more thorough drying.

Quetzal7
#2358 Posted : 9/16/2015 6:34:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Small questions Smile

i m using this Tek : https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m.../Lime_A/B_Extraction_Tek

Mainly i made this :

MHRB in vinegar and hot water (PH 3.3)
Rest 1h
Add Lime (1g lime / 1g mhrb ) (PH 11.Cool
Rest 2 days
Pull with D-limonene
Salt the D-limonene : add vinegar and some water, separate
Evaporate the vinegar

Result : Redish Goo smelling DMT

QUESTION 1: How Would YOU finish this tek to get a FreeBase?

in the wiki they proposed to heat up the DMT salt to 90-100C , will automatically make freebase. I heard controversy around this.
I feel like dissolving the goo, and add sodium carbonate, let it precipitate (what's the required PH for freebasing all the alc?).

Question 2 : if i dissolve this goo (salt, no freebase), i got some stuff in suspension, probably fats??? Should i filter with the vacuum filter or it could be some jungle goodies not dissolved in hot water? Is it a good moment to filter ?

Question 3: How do you filter your precipitated FREEBASE goo after a soidum carb wash? I m using a vaccum filter from a friend, but to goo will be stuck on the papery filter no ? (first time using this kind of filter... i m a noob)

Question 4 : Should i use Citric acid for salting my D limonene ? would it change something ?

Question 5 : Can i Re-use the Sodium Carbonate water i use for precipitating the freebase, for the next pulls ? Good idea or not at all ?
Thank you so much. I tried to be short and clear...

Spongled_Samurai
#2359 Posted : 9/24/2015 6:01:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, just finished up my first ever extraction using ACRB and had a couple of questions about yielding jungle spice.
So I've done some searching and can find very little info on extracting jungle spice from ACRB. I was planning on extracting my base soup with Xylene (as it is what I have on hand atm), but form what I've read Xylene will extract a fair bit of oil and tannin along with the desired alkaloids. Particularly so with ACRB as it has a higher content compared with MHRB. So I was wondering if I could do a mini A/B on the extracted Xylene to clean it up then re-extract with Xylene again?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm new to all this and couldn't find an answer myself.

Cheers Big grin

DansMaTete
#2360 Posted : 9/24/2015 6:25:16 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Yes you can.

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

«PREV116117118119120NEXT»