We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Have you ever seen anyone die? Options

ohayoco
#1 Posted : 6/3/2009 5:16:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm sorry that I start so many threads- every time that I think I'm going to leave this site, another question pops up. Here's what I really want to know, and this seems like the best place to ask such a thing.

Have you ever watched someone die?

I haven't, which is lucky I guess. I mean the exact moment when someone passes on. I'd like to know, do people die peacefully? Does it look like they are relieved? Or are they unhappy about it?

Please don't think of this question as morbid voyeurism. It's not. It's just that no matter how many psyches SWIM does, I think him and I will always fear the moment of our death. I would like to know what's in store for us emotionally when it happens. Thanks.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 6/3/2009 5:33:08 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I have never seen the moment of death, but I have seen somebody close. It doesn't look to fun!

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Abraxas25
#3 Posted : 6/4/2009 12:48:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A friend and I were on campus in the middle of Winter. It was bitter cold, we were hurriedly walking, passing people. A older gentleman was walking slowly, and my friend said off-hand, "He looks like he could die". Sure enough, we turn around and the old man (who was a professor at the University) falls face-down and dies. It was sad watching him and watching everyone scamper away, while a few of us tried to help him and call for help.
“I am getting so far out one day I won't come back at all.” - William Burroughs

"There was a time before we were born, if someone asks this is where I'll be." - Talking Heads

damiana
#4 Posted : 6/10/2009 3:41:15 AM

Cosmic Dragon

I watched a woman die of cancer, it was slow and very painful, but i could see in her eyes something that was very peaceful. If your interested read some books about near death experiences. This woman died and was relieved of having a body, so in this case it was best she went. The family was very sad though, they never could understand how death can be a miracle. I myself feel that humans should celebrate death, not morn over it. but thats me.
PEACE

WSaged
#5 Posted : 7/3/2009 7:59:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting question!

I have watched 2 of my grandparents die, both of cancer.
The years of their body slowly breaking down until they are bed-ridden.

I was in the room, with my mom & all of her brother's & sister's when my Grandpa died of cancer about 6-7 years ago.
It was a very sad, yet happy experience.
Obviously sad because my grandpa, their father, was gone...for good.

At the same time it was a somewhat joyful too, because he had been dieing of cancer for the last 5 years, so there was pure relief in his eyes during the last 3-4 minuets he was in there.
They had gone through this with their mother too, years earlier (I was much, much younger, so I wasn't around then), so this time, they purposefully gathered together to say goodbye when my Grandpa (& the doctors) said he wasn't going to be around for more than an hour or so more.
It was a strange vibe, being there right before someone close to you is going to die & everyone knows it...including the person who is going to die!
He had enough strength to say goodbye, I love you...all that stuff. But he also made a few jokes!!
He was a goofy old Polish guy, who thought farts where the funniest thing on the planet, so this was not out of character or anything!!

Then he relaxed, closed his eyes & just fell asleep with a grin on his face.
It was very peaceful & he looked so relived to finally be getting out of his overworked, painfully sick body!!
He was in his 80's when he died & had worked designing & building houses until he was too sick to keep doing it. Only a year or two before he died.
He was ready to go...

I am not suicidal or anything like that, but I am extremely curious to die & know what's next!!
I can't wait!!
I'm not scared of death at all, it's the dying part that bothers me!!

I really do not want to grow old & have my body break down & slowly loose control till I die...that scares the shit out of me!!
But dying violently isn't something I'd choose off a menu either...
Like being trapped in a crushed up car after being in a wreck, in intense pain & unable to move, or breath right & just laying there in agony until you slowly run out of steam, fighting it the whole time.
That would be fark'in horrible!!

But after you finally die, you either get to exist outside of that fucked up mess of a meat-car-body & there's no more pain or want.
Or, your just done...gone...blip! And who cares anymore!!

Either way, I'm curious as a month old kitty to see what's next!!
Have been since I was a teenager!
That is one of the main things that draws me to DMT & keeps me fascinated to no end!!
The complete other world/universe that opens up, seems so much like it has something to do with who/what/where we actually are, when these physical bodies are removed!!
Whether that is 100% accurate or not...or even if the two have absolutely nothing related...it is still the closest thing we have, as humans, to a button that when pressed, allows us experience our consciousness, without physical limitations!!
Albeit uncontrolled!!

Consider it training!?!?Laughing

So there's my 2 cent's...

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigworm
#6 Posted : 7/3/2009 10:08:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have seen more poeple die then most war veterns..seems to follow me around. From what i have seen, death kind of takes you when its your time. I have had so many friends pass away, I guess its the life you live, to much to fast.

soulman
#7 Posted : 7/3/2009 10:39:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

warrensaged wrote:
Interesting question!

I am not suicidal or anything like that, but I am extremely curious to die & know what's next!!
I can't wait!!
I'm not scared of death at all, it's the dying part that bothers me!!

Ditto.,
Ever since i got onto what consider I the "spiritual path" I have beceome ever more curious, almost a little excited about it. I know that death isnt the end. I just have that knowing feeling
If you subscribe to the idea that the body is just a vehicle for the consciousness (and i do) then death is just like gettin out out of the car Very happy
Its just a transition. But i guess the thing that facinates so many people about death is what it actually looks like when you get out the car.
When we are alive we are limited by our senses to a certain bandwidth of reality which only consitutes range of vibrations. I think when you die, our consciousnes is able to "recieve" higher vibrations of reality, but who kows what that entails.

Back on topic, I have never witnessed a death, but the way i view death (as described above) i feel that when i do, it will be ok.
You have to go within or you go without

Space
#8 Posted : 7/4/2009 12:04:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've not seen any human die, but when my dog got ran over, when I was 17, that was hard. The fuckers kept it alive whilst it was constantly suffering, I was there when they gave it the injection, I can't describe the look in her eyes as they put the needle in, and she gave my hand one last lick as if to say it was ok, then she went.

I see a lot differently now, and death is something taking place with every second that ticks, but simultaneously, so is life. This place is in a sense just school grounds. People never understand me in conversasions which for example took place not so long ago "hey did you know michael jackson died? it's so sad -what's sad, I'm happy for the guy" I am genuinely happy for someone when they disconnect. And I for one know that's going to be a special moment when my time comes.

About 2 years after that event, I was just on my bed, afternoon time, anyway, I suddenly began floating up, and was turned in mid air and saw a huge figure, arms, legs head, but entirely made out of thousands of stars ranging from light blue to fairly dark blue, and my dog who had died that day was running about my room wagging it's tale, but looked so alive, just more vibrant in colour and life. I was so shocked, and was floating round my room and began to freak out a bit, I remember not being able to navigate properly which made me feel really uncomfortable, like I would get stuck in a corner.
At the time when I saw that, I didn't do any drugs at all.

Spock's Brain
#9 Posted : 7/4/2009 4:45:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been there when someone's died. More people should be. I don't like to think about it when I consider that more people aren't near their parents, grandparents, friends or family when they die. If you know their going to die, you should be there for the occasion. When you die, you'd want everyone that matters to you in your life to gather around you as you pass. Don't miss it. When I was younger I didn't know any better, but now I'd drop whatever else and be there for the person's death if I know I matter to them. The last wish, I think, any person would want is the presence of all those they care for at that moment. Don't miss it!

I'd been there when someone died, and I'm glad I was. I don't comment on it in particular. But, I think I person dies ultimately at peace if they are at peace. Peace with God, or other ultimate peace that is the same factor to them. Or at peace with their life that they've lived. Otherwise they may struggle and be exasperated when they let go.
"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."

Xstacy
#10 Posted : 7/5/2009 10:06:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I watched a guy get hit by a car doing 60mph outside of a bar. Not pretty.
All illegal narcotics are medicinal. Boredom is a disease worse than cancer. Drugs cure it, with little or no side effects if used as directed - Doug Stanhope.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson

Burnison
#11 Posted : 7/5/2009 10:13:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i was in the room when i died
on the 43rd sec i was rezed
the rest of it was just
pes

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.
Groucho Marx

Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.