We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
6.2% harmalas extract from syrian rue !? Options

Sakkadelic
#1 Posted : 7/28/2015 10:06:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i have some syrian rue from Iran, i tried extracting from them and i was surprised with the 6% yields i got even from the first try.
i read some extraction teks and i found the ones with a lot of filtering annoying so i tried to do a new tek that suits me from what i learned.
i believe the harmalas i got are pure i tried snorting the freebase and i had no trouble in doing that and i had wonderfull time when i ingested the hcl crystals.
the tek is simple and uses no filters if the freebase is what you want and only one filter if you want the crystals
i will post the detailed steps if you guys think it's worth it here's a short description of what i did:

i mixed whole syrian rue seeds with water and white vinegar and i froze them then microwaved until boiling vigorously the liquid is strained through a metallic strainer then the seeds are mashed with a potato masher, this was repeated 5 times.
the strained liquid was combined and basified, after settling the water was poured and hot vinegar and water were added the impurities that didn't melt were discarded and the liquid was kept.
the liquid was basified again and water washes were done to clean the freebase the water was evaporated in the sun and the freebase powder was good enough for snorting.
to get the hcl crystals i did manske and i got beautiful yellow crystals the liquid was filtered and the filter can be dried in the sun or using a hair drier then the crystals can be scraped of the filter.

in the most recent extraction i did i started with 21g of syrian rue and got 1.31g freebase 6.24%
i tried to get more out of the seeds but they were drained the amount i got was not worth it.
the teks i saw and the info i read about syrian rue said 4% harmalas.
i really believe the harmalas i got are pure and clean but i don't know how to prove that.
it's possible that the seeds i have are very good quality or the method i used is good.
so what do you think guys?
Sakkadelic attached the following image(s):
20150727_192228.jpg (2,049kb) downloaded 234 time(s).
IMG_8942.JPG (1,334kb) downloaded 229 time(s).
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 7/28/2015 11:06:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I've had similar yields in the past.

I usually expect anything between 4-8%

I am impressed you got so much of a pure product with so little filtering though. Good method Smile

smokerx
#3 Posted : 7/29/2015 6:27:17 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Nice and easy I like that. Good job Thumbs up

Just to clarify - did you do freezing and boiling 5 times or freezing first time and then just boiling ? How much water and vinegar did you use in this step?
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Sakkadelic
#4 Posted : 7/29/2015 8:17:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes i freeze and boil 5 times, at first i tried to do 5 consecutive boils but i realised that the short boiling time in the microwave is not enough, so it's good to wait few hours between boils and i thought that to mash(starting from the second time), freeze(around 2-3 hours), thaw(5 min microwave on defrost) and boil(5 minutes microwave on high) will extract more than just leaving the mix on the table for the same amount of time then boil. this way takes longer time than 1 hour boils but i don't like using the gas stove for 5 hours in my parents house.
i only worked with small quantities 15,20, and 30 grams and in the three cases i use 500 ml jars
i add the seeds, 10 ml of white vinegar 100-150 ml tap water in one jar, and i collect the liquid in another jar, the amount of water(some would evaporate) should be regulated to have less than 500 ml so the other jar doesn't fill completely
Smile
you think i should post the method in details??
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

Jees
#5 Posted : 7/29/2015 8:42:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

6% in HCL is my usual yield.
Recent batch was more dirty, not as fresh seeds, the brown was more difficult to remove, and yield 5 % rueHCL

Sakkadelic
#6 Posted : 7/29/2015 9:10:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

all the posts i saw before today said 4% that's why i was surprised but now i believe that 6% is the common yield in both forms.

smokerx
#7 Posted : 7/29/2015 12:13:43 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

m.Sakkadelic wrote:
yes i freeze and boil 5 times, at first i tried to do 5 consecutive boils but i realised that the short boiling time in the microwave is not enough, so it's good to wait few hours between boils and i thought that to mash(starting from the second time), freeze(around 2-3 hours), thaw(5 min microwave on defrost) and boil(5 minutes microwave on high) will extract more than just leaving the mix on the table for the same amount of time then boil. this way takes longer time than 1 hour boils but i don't like using the gas stove for 5 hours in my parents house.
i only worked with small quantities 15,20, and 30 grams and in the three cases i use 500 ml jars
i add the seeds, 10 ml of white vinegar 100-150 ml tap water in one jar, and i collect the liquid in another jar, the amount of water(some would evaporate) should be regulated to have less than 500 ml so the other jar doesn't fill completely
Smile
you think i should post the method in details??

Thank you for the answer and yes please if you have time write it all in details I am sure it will be very helpful. Looks like very good method.
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Jees
#8 Posted : 7/29/2015 11:32:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

m.Sakkadelic wrote:
all the posts i saw before today said 4% that's why i was surprised but now i believe that 6% is the common yield in both forms.
Look at this post, a range from 1.2 to 10% in seeds:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=651028#post651028

PS: mind an extraction efficiency is obviously < 100%.

Sakkadelic
#9 Posted : 7/30/2015 9:48:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you Jees for the info i will read that pdf, and i read your report https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=61477 it's really interesting to me i might try it soon

Quote:
thank you for the answer and yes please if you have time write it all in details I am sure it will be very helpful. Looks like very good method.

thanx you smokerx Smile i'm writing it now, i will post it soon

BundleflowerPower
#10 Posted : 7/30/2015 1:24:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll be trying this method soon.

Sakkadelic
#11 Posted : 7/30/2015 8:56:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wrote it but i still need to revise it and add some notes, I'll post it tomorrow Smile

Sakkadelic
#12 Posted : 7/31/2015 10:55:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

here's a link to the detailed method
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=66485