We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Hyperspace Lexicon work thread Options

vegantoker
#1 Posted : 7/4/2009 5:47:54 PM

Matt

This is were the magic happens and the Hyperspace Lexicon will take shape.

To contribute please do one or all of the following:

1. Propose an aspect of hyperspace to define, please explain the aspect you are talking about to the best of your ability so others may help in forming a definition we can agree on.

2. Help define specific aspects of hyperspace.

3. Propose terms to fit the agreed upon definitions.

Below are helpful links for doing so, but by no means are you confined to using anything to come up with terms. Make them up if you wish:

botanical terms
medical roots, suffixes and prefixes
anatomical terms
astronomy terms
chemistry terms

(If you have more links you think should be added to this list please PM me (or a mod if they don't mind) and I'll add them. It will help keep this thread less cluttered.)

4. Once we agree on the term and definition for a specific aspect post the final term with it's definition on the Hyperspace Lexicon page.

Let's get to work!
Visit the Hyperspace Lexicon and contribute to the discussion. Help define the previously indiscribable!
Disclaimer: Everything I say about my actions is a lie. Just because I talk about this stuff online does not mean I really do it. I don't. Drugs are bad and I love Jesus too much to do drugs.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 7/4/2009 6:12:39 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Good start.

I also added another phrase:

Stuck in a loop
When your mind keeps repeating the same thoughts or events over and over again in a seemingly infinite loop.

And do we alreay have a consensus about keeping this scientific or sidestepping science a bit this since it's pretty hard to use scientific wording to describe hyperspace journeys?

EDIT: got this from the initiating thread:
vegantoker wrote:
We don't have to use the exact words we find in the scientific types of terminology. I just thought it would be a helpful starting point for root words, prefixes, and suffixes. As they have been there done that so to speak.

Really I don't think it matters how we get the words as long as we agree on them.

vegantoker
#3 Posted : 7/4/2009 6:27:28 PM

Matt

I think we can just see what people come up with. As long as the word works I don't care where we get it personally. It was just an idea, since even though I know this needs to be done, I don't know the first thing about doing something like this Very happy . Throwing stuff at the wall, seeing what sticks, you know...
Visit the Hyperspace Lexicon and contribute to the discussion. Help define the previously indiscribable!
Disclaimer: Everything I say about my actions is a lie. Just because I talk about this stuff online does not mean I really do it. I don't. Drugs are bad and I love Jesus too much to do drugs.

The Traveler
#4 Posted : 7/4/2009 7:31:38 PM

"No, seriously"

Here is another one:

Pre flight anxiety
The anxiety one has just before liftoff. Since being shot into hyperspace is such a stressful and powerful moment people are in some way afraid of that moment, the anxiety they undergo at that specific moment is known as 'pre flight anxiety'.

The description could be better since English is not my native language, so feel free to correct the description.

The Traveler
#5 Posted : 7/4/2009 7:35:01 PM

"No, seriously"

We also need a good description for HYPERSPACE itself. Anyone feel to create a good description of it?

vegantoker
#6 Posted : 7/4/2009 7:52:37 PM

Matt

I'm still coming down from a 30mg dose but I learned something valuable about what we are doing in this thread and I feel I must share it.

Love

Fuck the science words this is not about being clinical. It's about being able to more acurately share our experience with our brothers and sisters who are our fellow voyagers.
Any work done outside hyperspace will resist our attempts if we do not approach the task with the same universal love we are received with when we visit hyperspace.

Maybe I'm the only one who needed this reminder but regardless, we must always keep this in mind.

vegantoker
#7 Posted : 7/4/2009 7:55:29 PM

Matt

The Traveler wrote:
Here is another one:

Pre flight anxiety
The anxiety one has just before liftoff. Since being shot into hyperspace is such a stressful and powerful moment people are in some way afraid of that moment, the anxiety they undergo at that specific moment is known as 'pre flight anxiety'.

The description could be better since English is not my native language, so feel free to correct the description.

I'm happy with that actually!

Unless someone can define it better that works for me.

vegantoker
#8 Posted : 7/4/2009 8:19:28 PM

Matt

The Traveler wrote:
We also need a good description for HYPERSPACE itself. Anyone feel to create a good description of it?

I don't know if it would be possible at this point to reduce Hyperspace itself to a definition. If I was to try it could also be called the "cosmic playground." not in a trivial way but kind the of a place in which anything is possible. It's the place were we are closest to the true nature of whatever it is we are part of in a spiritual sense.

The Traveler
#9 Posted : 7/4/2009 10:25:04 PM

"No, seriously"

Well, I thought more about a general description like 'The place you go to after you liftoff, can be any place and time imaginable and more' kinda description. To make some sense to people into the unknown.

Jorkest
#10 Posted : 7/5/2009 5:51:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

hyperspace - where the impossible can easily happen, extreme geometric explosions of color, sound, emotions, information, also the feeling of it being HYPER real
it's a sound

11:11
#11 Posted : 7/5/2009 7:06:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Plasmatis - The multicolored constantly shifting gel-goo of amazement which decorates the space around everything in the land of the elves.

Entities - The sentient inhabitants of Hyperspace which vary immensely in traits including: form, knowledge, honesty, intelligence, helpfulness, mischievousness, and regard for the tourist

I believe the term Entity is more encompassing to the beings in Hyperspace than Elves, which has certain connotations associated with it
Psychonautical musical adventures

I am the Pickled Herring, raging through the streets of Aurangabad. Smiting the simian fortress of Agartha I fly with pan liners and garbage bags attached to my million tentacles of horrid putrefaction, eating souls and raining down corpses on the mighty city of Gruad.

Hail Eris!

vegantoker
#12 Posted : 7/5/2009 8:08:07 AM

Matt

The Traveler wrote:
Well, I thought more about a general description like 'The place you go to after you liftoff, can be any place and time imaginable and more' kinda description. To make some sense to people into the unknown.

Jorkest wrote:
Hyperspace - where the impossible can easily happen, extreme geometric explosions of color, sound, emotions, information, also the feeling of it being HYPER real

How about this Very happy

Hyperspace: The place you go to after breakthrough, can be any place and time imaginable. Where the impossible can easily happen, extreme geometric explosions of color, sound, emotions, information, also the feeling of it being HYPER real.

-

11:11 wrote:
Entities - The sentient inhabitants of Hyperspace which vary immensely in traits including: form, knowledge, honesty, intelligence, helpfulness, mischievousness, and regard for the tourist

I believe the term Entity is more encompassing to the beings in Hyperspace than Elves, which has certain connotations associated with it

Yeah but so does Entity. I think people use it as another term for ghost.
I really like your definition of them though. It gets my vote.

Do you like either of these?
Hyper-spacial Being
Hyper-spacial Entity

I'm tapped, your turn.

jamesodeaththe2nd
#13 Posted : 7/5/2009 8:18:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Glass chrysanthemum - a pattern that turns into the door way to hyperspace.
For legal reasons it's necessary to make this perfectly clear: My posts are pure fantasy; a pretend game in which I pretend to be a drug user. I often play such games on the internet, as a form of personality exercise and amusement. I try to make very REALISTIC sounding posts about imaginary drug using experiences. The MORE realistic they appear, the more fun I have making them. But in all cases they are pure fantasy. I make this statement for two reasons 1) So that law enforcement personnel understand my posts are NOT real statements, and 2) So any confused person visiting this site, who mistakenly believes he is reading REAL drug information, will understand that my posts are specifically NOT real drug information. I am against illegal drugs and I discourage the use of illegal drugs. Anyone receiving PMs from my fantasy forum character should also note that the above statement applies to PMs as well. Furthermore, I am convinced that other posters on this site are also only pretending about drug use, as I am. I assume they do NOT believe my posts are real, and that they understand that I do not think THEIR posts are real.

vegantoker
#14 Posted : 7/5/2009 8:28:12 AM

Matt

jamesodeaththe2nd wrote:

could we add a word like kaleidoscopic or fractal?

Glass Chrysanthemum: The kaleidoscopic/fractal pattern that turns into the doorway to hyperspace.

Wut?

vegantoker
#15 Posted : 7/5/2009 8:49:29 AM

Matt

We need a better definition for The Throat Marble. The link to the thread that is attached to the wiki page has more people than not describing it as feeling as though you don't need to breathe.

I think that needs to be added to the definition.

The Throat Marble: Feeling as though you don't need to breathe. Also discribed as the feeling of a rolling ball trapped in the back of ones throat.

Should it be mentioned that this could also be called a "symptom" of leaving your body and entering hyperspace? is that not necessarily the point in which the throat marble happens to everyone? It seems to be the case for me.

Wut?

jamesodeaththe2nd
#16 Posted : 7/5/2009 9:04:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

vegantoker wrote:
jamesodeaththe2nd wrote:

could we add a word like kaleidoscopic or fractal?

Glass Chrysanthemum: The kaleidoscopic/fractal pattern that turns into the doorway to hyperspace.

Wut?

sounds good to meSmile
For legal reasons it's necessary to make this perfectly clear: My posts are pure fantasy; a pretend game in which I pretend to be a drug user. I often play such games on the internet, as a form of personality exercise and amusement. I try to make very REALISTIC sounding posts about imaginary drug using experiences. The MORE realistic they appear, the more fun I have making them. But in all cases they are pure fantasy. I make this statement for two reasons 1) So that law enforcement personnel understand my posts are NOT real statements, and 2) So any confused person visiting this site, who mistakenly believes he is reading REAL drug information, will understand that my posts are specifically NOT real drug information. I am against illegal drugs and I discourage the use of illegal drugs. Anyone receiving PMs from my fantasy forum character should also note that the above statement applies to PMs as well. Furthermore, I am convinced that other posters on this site are also only pretending about drug use, as I am. I assume they do NOT believe my posts are real, and that they understand that I do not think THEIR posts are real.

vegantoker
#17 Posted : 7/5/2009 9:19:33 AM

Matt

jamesodeaththe2nd wrote:

sounds good to meSmile

Added Smile (Of course if you feel it needs to be changed let us know!)

The Traveler
#18 Posted : 7/5/2009 11:48:51 AM

"No, seriously"

vegantoker wrote:

Hyperspace: The place you go to after breakthrough, can be any place and time imaginable. Where the impossible can easily happen, extreme geometric explosions of color, sound, emotions, information, also the feeling of it being HYPER real.

I like it. For the time being that will do (or until a better description will popup in which case the Wiki can be easily changed).

vegantoker wrote:
We need a better definition for The Throat Marble. The link to the thread that is attached to the wiki page has more people than not describing it as feeling as though you don't need to breathe.

I think that needs to be added to the definition.

The Throat Marble: Feeling as though you don't need to breathe. Also discribed as the feeling of a rolling ball trapped in the back of ones throat.

Should it be mentioned that this could also be called a "symptom" of leaving your body and entering hyperspace? is that not necessarily the point in which the throat marble happens to everyone? It seems to be the case for me.

I'll change the current description and add that it's a symptom and not common for everyone.

vegantoker
#19 Posted : 7/5/2009 4:55:29 PM

Matt

We need to define Hyperreailty for our purposes if we are going to use "hyperreal" in the definition of hyperspace. Look at this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hy...rreality
From Wikipedia

" ...the term hyperreality characterizes the inability of consciousness to distinguish reality from fantasy, especially in technologically advanced postmodern cultures."

Shocked

11:11
#20 Posted : 7/5/2009 6:35:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vegantoker wrote:
The Traveler wrote:

Jorkest wrote:
Hyperspace - where the impossible can easily happen, extreme geometric explosions of color, sound, emotions, information, also the feeling of it being HYPER real

-

11:11 wrote:

Yeah but so does Entity. I think people use it as another term for ghost.
I really like your definition of them though. It gets my vote.

Do you like either of these?
Hyper-spacial Being
Hyper-spacial Entity

I'm tapped, your turn.

Fair Enough, Hyper-Spatial Being sounds like a better term
Psychonautical musical adventures

I am the Pickled Herring, raging through the streets of Aurangabad. Smiting the simian fortress of Agartha I fly with pan liners and garbage bags attached to my million tentacles of horrid putrefaction, eating souls and raining down corpses on the mighty city of Gruad.

Hail Eris!

123NEXT»