We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Traveling India Options

tseuq
#1 Posted : 7/26/2015 6:52:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Namaste nexians,

I plan to go to India in december again. You have any places to recommend to stay for x-Mas and New Years Eve? om shanti shakti boom... something like this ... Thank you.

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Greav
#2 Posted : 10/26/2015 7:43:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Namaste Tseuq!

I am travelling to india this november - february myself too, I can't really recommend any places to stay for x-max / new years eve, as it is my first time visiting the country. What I have gathered information about the country at those times of the year of course it will be filled with other tourists/travellers as well, atleast GOA seems to be a very tourist/traveller gathering place in the last few days of the december so it will be packed with other fellow travellers which will be nice if you would like that kind of thing?

Also just did some reading about the Diwali which will be held around mid november which is kinda the "xmas/new year" for hindus. Not sure how is the western way of new year or xmas be held. Smile

What places are you going to visit there? What are you looking for to do at those x-mas/new years eve times? Smile

I am going to stay a few days at Delhi at first then mostlikely start moving towards south as the weather will get a bit chilly at november/december as what I have read about the seasons there.

Goa will be one of my destinations for sure. But I hope it won't be too packed with people as it will get too pricy to get a budget hostel. Incase that happens I will be moving to some smaller town(s) and go with that. Gokarna has been adviced to me to check it out. Also Kerala. Smile

tseuq
#3 Posted : 11/10/2015 12:37:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Greav,

I am entering India at the 3rd of january and we want to head south. I hope you had a nice arrival.

Best wishes, tseuq

tseuq
#4 Posted : 1/2/2016 5:12:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My wife and I are heading to india tomorrow and will stay there for the next 2 month.

If you are around, send me a message, I welcome and appreciate meetings with my nexian fellows, namaste.

tseuq

hug46
#5 Posted : 1/2/2016 7:14:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tseuq if you are in Rajasthan i would recommend going to pushkar. It is a long time since i have been there but i recall that it was a very nice place to visit. I hope that you and your wife have a good trip.

tseuq
#6 Posted : 1/9/2016 4:16:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hug46 wrote:
tseuq if you are in Rajasthan i would recommend going to pushkar. It is a long time since i have been there but i recall that it was a very nice place to visit. I hope that you and your wife have a good trip.

Thank you hug. Yes, I have been to pushkar two times already and it is definitely one of my fav. places, but this time we are traveling in the southern regions of india.

I am sending much love and sun to all of you.

Uff.. on the day we left home, I got one of this smartphones from my wife and now I learn to use it to mess around with you guys. Free wifi and faces fixed infront of these coloured screens everywhere.. what a phenomenom, peeps should smoke more charas and eat way more more mushies, imo. Very happy

tseuq

tseuq
#7 Posted : 1/16/2016 1:22:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Boom shakti from india. Love all the way Very happy

tseuq
tseuq attached the following image(s):
2016-01-13 13.24.52.jpg (160kb) downloaded 83 time(s).

Jees
#8 Posted : 1/16/2016 3:43:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Holy cow Shocked
LOL

and the inevitable OM at that box, splendid Big grin
Safe journeys wished.

endlessness
#9 Posted : 1/16/2016 5:47:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I highly recommend going to Hampi.

Have a great trip!

hug46
#10 Posted : 1/17/2016 1:12:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tseuq wrote:

Thank you hug. Yes, I have been to pushkar two times already and it is definitely one of my fav. places, but this time we are traveling in the southern regions of india.

Ok , if you haven"t already worked out your itinery i would agree with Endlessness about Hampi. I also really enjoyed my stay in Goa when i visited but by all accounts it has gone a bit downhill since i was there. It would be nice to hear your Goa review if you happen to visit.