We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Fumarate vs. Freebase Options

hdubyah
#1 Posted : 7/20/2015 4:13:02 PM
T'was brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves, and the mome raths outgrabe...

For those of you who have had both DMT fumarate and freebase, which do you consider to be superior? As of now i lean much more on the side of fumarate for a few reasons. Chiefly among them is ability to administer fumarate salt via IV. While a large leap for some, to me this seems to be the most logical way to administer DMT because it allows precise control of the dose. There is no fussing with trying to take massive hits as fast as possible, and probably the easiest way to guarantee a breakthrough experience. Also, my first experience with DMT was through insufflation (a huge waste, i know) but it made for a far less overwhelming introduction to the drug. This was also with fumarate.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Gone-and-Back
#2 Posted : 7/20/2015 5:05:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It depends on what your intended use for it is. If your going to be smoking it, it absolutely needs to be freebase. I believe acetates can be smoked too, since the acetic acid bond is broken by heat and doesn't cause any by-products as far as I know.

For any other form of administration (insufflation, IV, sublingual, or oral via pharmahuasca) fume rate would be preferred. The freebase will burn more when insufflated, and for the other forms it's easier to weigh out clean fumerate crystals then somewhat sticky freebase.

However, I would not recommend IV administration. It will kick in very fast and you may not have time to safely remove the needle. Plus the idea of needles and hyperspace do not seem like a good idea to me, but I am also one who stays away from injecting substances all together.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

ShamensStamen
#3 Posted : 7/20/2015 5:30:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I myself have never thought about using DMT through IV, but i would think an IV drip of DMT would be kinda nice, releasing a small drop or so of DMT each time one presses a button Smile

hdubyah
#4 Posted : 7/20/2015 6:31:51 PM
T'was brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves, and the mome raths outgrabe...

Now thats an interesting idea. Run an IV catheter to a 250 ml bag of saline with a micro drip set. Fill with X amount of funerate in it and titrate to effect. A non oral dose of changa that could potentially extend your time in dreamland. I havent noticed really any refractory period so i believe that may be possible, with a few considerations. Even though a catheter is just a rubber hose, a sitter should be there to monitor the IV drip and stop you from journeying, restraints to a bed may be necessary to prevent self injury. DMT is physiologically mostly harmless, so i dont see any physical risk in administering a continuous dose of DMT. It bears looking into lol.

sleepermustawaken
#5 Posted : 7/26/2015 1:17:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hdubyah wrote:
For those of you who have had both DMT fumarate and freebase, which do you consider to be superior? As of now i lean much more on the side of fumarate for a few reasons. Chiefly among them is ability to administer fumarate salt via IV. While a large leap for some, to me this seems to be the most logical way to administer DMT because it allows precise control of the dose. There is no fussing with trying to take massive hits as fast as possible, and probably the easiest way to guarantee a breakthrough experience. Also, my first experience with DMT was through insufflation (a huge waste, i know) but it made for a far less overwhelming introduction to the drug. This was also with fumarate.

Fumarate is far superior as it is so stable. I don't see why there would be any difference in psychological effects as they are both the same molecule still.

I too have joined the IV route as it is just plain stupidity to do that to your lungs Shocked compared to the almost non-invasiveness of a quick IV injection. Also, the risk is completely overhiped as you used wheel filters and can see and learn how fast the onset comes on as you scale your way up with dosage. IMO, even pre-breakthough pulling out a needle isn't difficult and you should have a good 5 seconds or more especially so if your turniquitte is still on. I only think that stabbing many times is bad for veins, I wouldn't do it in the same spot twice and I definately would take large doses of vitamin c for healing like H users do.

I have also tried IM injection which is more subtle and last about 45 minutes but there is a slight pain in the muscle for about 4-5 hours, nothing major just noticible like a bruise only if you use that muscle. This is a good route for the low dose days.

Next to all this is fumarate ayahuasca and then vaporizing a tiny bit extra freebase to push you up and over.

mitosis
#6 Posted : 7/26/2015 6:31:33 PM

who? what? where?

As with most all drugs, the fundamental difference between the freebase and an ionic salt is are their physical properties. Only dmt acid salts are best suited for all routes of administraton, other than smoking, for fast and complete absorption, given its solubility in the bloodstream unlike the freebase. Freebase dmt is mildly caustic to the body and only suitable for smoking. If freebase dmt is introduced into the body, it cannot reach the blood brain barrier until it pairs with an acid in vivo.

Also, potency by weight is lessened when in the salt form.

"The free base is preferred for smoking because the evaporation point of the free base is further apart from the burning point compared to the hydrochloride salt, making the salt form more prone to destruction by pyrolysis. Some of the active drug is lost in the deprotonation process." wikipedia

You are essentially just asking which route of administration is preferred.