We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT mention at Woodstock Options

hixidom
#1 Posted : 7/17/2015 11:57:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

In my new apartment, which I share with 3 roommates, there's a stack of old VHS tapes. One of them is a Woodstock documentary. From time to time I put it on while eating. Today I was surprised to hear a yoga instructor mention DMT as he spoke to a crowd on general yoga benefits and techniques. I found the part on Youtube so I can share it with you. Maybe this is a well-known scene. I was surprised to hear a man describe smoking DMT in 1969. I guess I never assumed that the practice went back that far (I don't know my DMT history).

Here's a link to the video at the exact time he mentions it.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TGO
#2 Posted : 7/18/2015 12:01:01 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Yes! I love that documentary!

"Woodstock 3 days of Peace and Music"

A couple months ago I bought the 2-disc 40th anniversary Edition with the directors cut! I highly recommend that everyone watch this documentary at least once!

Thanks for sharing!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

hixidom
#3 Posted : 7/18/2015 3:02:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It is a very cool documentary. There's no commentary except by people interviewed at the actual event (or if there is I haven't gotten to it yet). The viewpoints are strikingly enlightened (to use a controversial word).

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 7/18/2015 3:11:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
with the directors cut!

Definatly watch the full extended version and not the regular cut (which is lame in comparison).

Is it the scene where they are doing the breathwork and the guy is talking about kundalini forces rising up like during a dmt trip ?

TGO
#5 Posted : 7/18/2015 3:12:51 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
with the directors cut!

Definatly watch the full extended version and not the regular cut (which is lame in comparison).

Is it the scene where they are doing the breathwork and the guy is talking about kundalini forces rising up like during a dmt trip ?

Yes, indeed it is!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

nen888
#6 Posted : 7/20/2015 8:21:00 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

yeah i think that gets mentioned in this thread Anyone here try DMT back in the 60's?..Terence McKenna was introduced to smoked DMT at university in the mid '60s..

hixidom
#7 Posted : 7/20/2015 6:21:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I can't tell if it's sampling bias of the documentarians, but the outsiders in the documentary seem to have much less stigma toward drug culture than "outsiders" today. In the documentary, you've got parents on the streets arguing about whether the attitudes of the people at this nearby festival are reckless or pure, you've got a cop who says that good nature of the festival-goers cannot be questioned, you've got the army sending doctors, food, water, etc. in order to make sure that everyone is safe...What the hell happened over the last 50 years? Did the outsiders become less accepting or did the festival-goers become less deserving of acceptance?