We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Trip Report: Terscheckii Tea Options

Wolfnippletip
#1 Posted : 7/19/2015 7:58:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm new to the Cacti experience. As a kid I did LSD, Mushrooms and I think I even did some DMT one time back in the 70's, but I'd never encountered Mescaline in any form. After reading online about Sacred Cacti and doing enough online research that I thought I knew what species to try I decided my best bet, because of my inexperience was to stay away from Pachanoi and stick with Bridgesii and possibly Terscheckii. I'd read mixed reports about Terscheckii's activity, but the reports indicating that it was active seemed reliable and some Terschekii were immediately available.

The week before I'd brewed up about 10 inches of Scopulicola/Bridgesii (about 2" diameter) using a similar method. After all these years of sobriety it was an incredible experience, as mild as it was. I believe it was about a 150 mg threshhold dose with some interesting distortions and closed eye visuals, and music (Shpongle) sounded absolutely magical. Lots of fun but I wish I'd done two or three times the dose.

So the next weekend I set about brewing two Terscheckiis. They each were about 7" long and about 4" diameter, not including the spines. I began by removing the spines with a smaller adjustable utility knife. Those spines are pretty serious and I did contribute some blood before I was finished. I found out they have spines all the way down into the dirt covered root area. With the spines removed I cut the root and a little of the top cap off, slice it longways a couple of times, quartering it and then carefully filleted the white core part, leaving the approximate 1/4" of dark green and the outer hard, waxy skin.

I turned my freezer down to the lowest setting and placed the long fresh strips on a teflon pizza pan and left it to freeze, the idea being, as I'd read to use the hard freezing as a method of breaking down the cell walls without also cooking down the alkaloids as with heat. After a couple of hours hard freeze I removed it and let it thaw. Once thawed I realized the outer hard skin had been loosened somewhat. I froze it hard again and after I thawed it the second time I was able to remove the outer skin, which was similar to a shrimp's shell. Some came right off, but most of it had to be scraped off with the utility knife blade. I suspect additional freezings would help with the skin removal, but I wanted to get on with the process.

I put the remaining green flesh in a blender with about 2 cups of bottled lemon juice I got from Whole Foods, the kind that tastes much better than the reconstituted type. I mixed it well, resulting in a full blender of about a half gallon of light green bubbly slime. Yum. I transferred it to a large cooking pot and cooked it on medium low heat for about an hour, adding another cup or so of lemon juice. I'd read differing reports about how long to cook it, but time and hesitancy to cook the alkaloids down too much kept it to about an hour. The frothy mixture takes about 15 or 20 minutes on the stove before it cooks down to a more manageable liquid.

I let the resulting 2 liters or so cool and filtered it through a cotton t-shirt, which required some muscle. I ended up with about 1.8 Liters of Tea which I halved and stored in two separate bottles of about 900ml each. All the work so far took a full evening.

I woke up early the next morning, having fasted the night before and started on one of the bottles, drinking a cup of liquid every few minutes chasing it with tonic water until I'd downed about 750ml, or the equivalent of 4/5 of one brewed 7" long by 4" diameter Terscheckii. The flavor was surprisingly delicate compared to the Scopulicola/Bridgesii Tea I'd had the week before, and except for the purge I knew would be coming I can even imagine enjoying it, especially if the recipe was modified (Orange Juice? Sweet Milk?).

Nothing for almost two hours, then just as I was starting to wonder if I was feeling any effect at all SUDDENLY HERE IT CAME. The purge was violent and, mmmmm purging. I kept on hand a bottle of fresh water to help immediately rinse my mouth out and keep from burning my throat or etching my teeth, and that seemed to work well, except for the additional purge of just water.

Now I settled back on the couch and within 10 minutes or so I was definitely feeling the effects. Surfaces shifting, colors changing and I started to see faces and patterns on surfaces. This is something I've noticed about Cactus. It seems to immediately activate the "Face Recognition" function in my brain and I start seeing faces in things like the carpet or especially the paisley pattern of the sofa. When I was a kid we used to call this "Seeing faces in the trees" on high doses of weed. For me, with both the Scope/Bridgesii and Terscheckii teas this effect started early on and continued throughout the experience. I have a friend who has Schizoaffective Disorder and I wonder now whether there is any similarity in the two experiences.

Within about 30 minutes of onset the effects became much more intense. I never saw any real open eye visuals, just lots of distortions and color shifts but, as the Scope/Bridgesii was incredibly dark and tactile, the Terscheckii was brighter and far far more emotionally intense. I lay down and watch the closed eye visuals which were mostly swirling neon green and red clouds and smoke continually coalescing into faces of dragons and demons who seemed to be grinning at me as if to say "Well well well....how did you find yourself here?" I decided to keep my eyes open, not out of fear really, but more like caution, thinking if this got much more intense I might meet something scary.

I started to feel anxious and kinda speedy, like too much coffee, so I decided to watch TV, and this is where the emotional rollercoaster kicked in. Everything I saw on TV was wildly exaggerated. I came across the comedy "The Three Amigos" with Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin Short. If they did a silly dance I laughed until I was almost bawling. If the scene was melodramatic I really was crying, as silly as it was. I probably cried 5 or 6 times during the movie. I've never experienced anything quite like it. I was also fully aware of the absurdity of reacting like this to a slapstick movie.

The effects started to subside about 4 in the afternoon, or about 8 hours after the onset, but I was still kinda high when I went to bed about midnight, and could feel some residual effects the next morning.
I now have zero doubts about the psychoactive properties of Terscheckii. I do wish I knew some mild anxiolytic that would lessen the speedy "Don't know what to do with myself" part of the trip, without diminishing the other effects. As a youngster I tried Dalmane with LSD (Killed the visuals somewhat), and Codeine with LSD (Really dampened the whole experience).

Anyone know a good mixer with Cactus?

Note: I remeasured the other Terscheckii and the ones I used were really a full 4" diameter, not the 3" I'd originally stated. I probably should have weighed the amount of material used from each cactus.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TGO
#2 Posted : 7/19/2015 8:37:41 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Hello there! What a nice report!

I have never mixed anything with mescaline so I don't have any pointers there but something you said really interested me...

Wolfnippletip wrote:
Now I settled back on the couch and within 10 minutes or so I was definitely feeling the effects. Surfaces shifting, colors changing and I started to see faces and patterns on surfaces. This is something I noticed about Cactus. It seems to immediately activate the "Face Recognition" function in my brain and I start seeing faces in things like the carpet or especially the paisley pattern of the sofa. When I was kid we used to call this "Seeing faces in the trees" on high doses of weed. For me, with both the Scope/Bridgesii and Terscheckii teas this effect sarted early on and continued throughout the experience. I have a friend who has Schizoaffective Disorder and I wonder now whether there is any similarity in the two experiences.

The part that intrigues me the most is the "face recognition" and "seeing faces in the trees" ... There have been some interesting threads going around right now about some Google AI software/hardware? that can basically mimic the effects of what happens in our brains while we trip (or something to that effect). It is difficult for me to explain properly because I am not a very technical person but let me link a couple threads for you... Basically it mimics the effects of hallucinations...

Google AI: Journey through the layers of the mind

AI "dreams"

Anyway, I thought you might get a kick out of that...I know I did.

Cacti/Mescaline is one of my favorite plant teachers. Generally pretty gentle and has a certain sense of masculinity within it. Very euphoric and almost MDMA like at times. I have some San Pedro just sitting around at the moment... Looks like it may be time to jump back in!

Anywho, thanks for sharing your report! I greatly enjoyed it!

Have a nice day!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Godsmacker
#3 Posted : 7/19/2015 8:38:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like an interesting time! Terschekii has been a subject of debate with regards to its psychoactivity. I'm wondering how you would describe the effects in terms of intensity. Was it as strong as the bridgessii? Perhaps it may be some additional phenethylamine alkaloids in the cactus which caused the speedier effects (I usually find that cactus alkaloids are more speedy and colorful and pure/synthetic Mescaline). When I combined harmalas (200mg) with T. PeruvianusI noticed a marked reduction in the "Speedy" effects produced by the experience, more clairity and calmness and crisper/brighter visual effects. Combining with LSD produced similar reduction of speedy effects and extended duration. However, I would advise caution when it comes to combining harmalas with cactus. Some alkaloids may become neurotoxic with a RIMA. IMO I would do an A/B extraction on the cacti and use the alkaloids that come out of it (there are also some additonal teks which can separate pure mescaline from the alkaloid content) as the nausea and god-aweful taste of a potent Trich is absolutely terrible compared to the slight nausea which comes with alkaloids.

Cannabis/Hashish is good for controlling nausea, overstimulation, and upset stomach which comes with cactus, although some say that it either potentiates or soils the experience. However, instead of finding a drug to help control the excessive speediness why not put the energy to a good purpose? Go on a walk/run, climb a tree, take a swim, dance like no one's staring at you, etc. Put the energy to good use expressing yourself and having fun. IME Trichs are very tactile and energetic creatures who like to get up and get going. They're very physical/body centered and expressing one's self physically through dance is a great way to channel the energy.

All the best,
-Godsmacker
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

Wolfnippletip
#4 Posted : 7/20/2015 3:29:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the links Grateful One! Sure puts the phenomena into perspective. I grew up in the Bible Belt so when I was a kid it seemed like evidence of the existence of demons.

And yeah, Godsmacker, I really should have had a physical activity planned, but I stayed inside. I was paranoid about taking a walk and ending up chatting with a neighbor. That could have been a disaster, and I sure couldn't drive or probably even bicycle anywhere like that. Next time I'll plan better now that I know more what to expect.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.