We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acid Boil for Powdered Root Bark Options

Bill Cipher
#1 Posted : 6/30/2009 8:20:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Any tips as to what is the optimal amount of water and ascorbic acid (preferred over vinegar, but open to dissenting opinions) for 1 pound of pre-powdered bark?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

MagikVenom
#2 Posted : 7/1/2009 12:08:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
Any tips as to what is the optimal amount of water and ascorbic acid (preferred over vinegar, but open to dissenting opinions) for 1 pound of pre-powdered bark?

I use 20ml H20 for each g of powdered root bark this is a little more than most teks reccomend but since the bark is powder I like to use a little extra.

Not sure how much acid you should use I use a ph meter and add acid to bring solution to ph4 this may not be best ph but going lower seems to pull more crap out of the bark. I focus on quality not yeild. If anyone has opinions on optimal ph of acid solution plese post.

M.V.

Bill Cipher
#3 Posted : 7/1/2009 4:02:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What? That's 9 litres for 1 pound - is that really what you're saying? Marsofold's calls for less than 4 litres of liquid (including 1 quart of vinegar), though this is not specifically for pre-powdered. You actually more than double it for powder? How many separate boils are you doing with that much water? SWIM generally does 3, 4 tops.

I assume you are reducing substantially after decanting...

۩
#4 Posted : 7/1/2009 5:48:24 AM

Vovins tek says if there's a film that forms on the surface of the extraction during reducing to stop and add more distilled water.

Would this mean it's not feasible to get a pound of root bark extracted in acidic water to reduce to 500ml?

MagikVenom
#5 Posted : 7/2/2009 12:52:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
What? That's 9 litres for 1 pound - is that really what you're saying? Marsofold's calls for less than 4 litres of liquid (including 1 quart of vinegar), though this is not specifically for pre-powdered. You actually more than double it for powder? How many separate boils are you doing with that much water? SWIM generally does 3, 4 tops.

I assume you are reducing substantially after decanting...

Art

It is overkill but works for me as swim cook in large crock pot and use a 3gallon glass jar with a heating pad wraped around it. swim got at wallmart for $15

reduce mhrb solution to fill the jar nearly to the top making it easer to remove top solvent layer. Some find it easer to remove bottom layer.

I decant and find all the time consuming filtering to be unnecessary it may give slightly cleaner results but since I always clean things up it not worth it to me.

But yes my water is overkill but I can be sure no solvent is traped in powdered MHRB extract in 3gallon Jar bring solution with in 2inch from being full a ideal level for top layer removal.

I use a standard glass measuring cup with spout in glass. I lower this VERY slowly with the measuring cup horizontally spout down wile wearing rubber gloves and allow top solvent layed to slowley flow into measuring cup.

I stop before lower layer gets into cup then I wipe cup with rag to remove the black stuff from measureing cup.

Then I slowly pour solvent thru 3 coffie filters into mason jar. The coffie filters will hold any small amount of the lower layer that may have been carried over but will allow saturated solvent/dmt to pass.

This requires a steady hand and pratice but works good for me. If you already have a seperation tek you have been using and works for you I would recomend it over mine. so you can skip the learning curve.

I to do no more than 3 or 4 myself and yes I do reduce the final solution to fit my container after decanting.

Remember the water IS the solvent and since water is non toxic use alot get everything then reduce the solution in crock pot after decanting to fill what ever vessle you chose for final naptha extraction to what ever level is conveient for your naptha seperation method

not saying my way is better than others just saying this is what I do and am always been pleased with the results.

happy extracting to ya
swims