We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Why do nexians give such little discussion about the larger questions of existence? Options

Psybin
#41 Posted : 7/5/2015 10:20:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fathomlessness wrote:
The Traveler wrote:
fathomlessness wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

>> Posting about such topics would inevitably lead to unnecessary repetition.

Global wrote:
but they will always invite the same arguments, which are worth having, but once you've had them several hundred times, it gets old.

I don't see the logic of "Well, we've discussed the nature of Free Will now for 2 whole years nonstop and we're tired of it... Now lets discuss Lindsey Lohan in South America for the next 7 years instead!"

If anything, the old tired topics should lead to new conceptualisations and improvements, ESPECIALLY because we are using a drug (DMT) that enables one to think outside of the confines of how most people understand the concepts.

Why, instead of complaining, are you not busy with "leading to new conceptualisations and improvements" in those topics then? What are you waiting for?

Also a substance like DMT can be a tool that helps to think outside of the confines but for me it is definitely not a prerequisite.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

I think you have me wrong Traveler, I am not complaining at all... I am enquiring and putting forth new ideas to help, share and expand the nexus. Just by seeing this thread, people now will presumably be more inclined to move over to the philosophy section. I think you think my intentions are dark and disruptive but that is wholesomly incorrect my friend.Wink

Dude, just make your own thread and stop being a whiny snotty child. Oh, what's that? There aren't any threads you like? Well it's not our job here to make a special golden deluxe thread just for you because you won't shut your ego off long enough to actually THINK and INTEGRATE the information all around you. It's not that hard - click "new topic" and have at it. And show a little respect to Trav: without him you wouldn't even be starting this thread in the first place. Confused

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

TGO
#42 Posted : 7/5/2015 10:25:42 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Psybin wrote:
fathomlessness wrote:
The Traveler wrote:
fathomlessness wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

>> Posting about such topics would inevitably lead to unnecessary repetition.

Global wrote:
but they will always invite the same arguments, which are worth having, but once you've had them several hundred times, it gets old.

I don't see the logic of "Well, we've discussed the nature of Free Will now for 2 whole years nonstop and we're tired of it... Now lets discuss Lindsey Lohan in South America for the next 7 years instead!"

If anything, the old tired topics should lead to new conceptualisations and improvements, ESPECIALLY because we are using a drug (DMT) that enables one to think outside of the confines of how most people understand the concepts.

Why, instead of complaining, are you not busy with "leading to new conceptualisations and improvements" in those topics then? What are you waiting for?

Also a substance like DMT can be a tool that helps to think outside of the confines but for me it is definitely not a prerequisite.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

I think you have me wrong Traveler, I am not complaining at all... I am enquiring and putting forth new ideas to help, share and expand the nexus. Just by seeing this thread, people now will presumably be more inclined to move over to the philosophy section. I think you think my intentions are dark and disruptive but that is wholesomly incorrect my friend.Wink

Dude, just make your own thread and stop being a whiny snotty child. Oh, what's that? There aren't any threads you like? Well it's not our job here to make a special golden deluxe thread just for you because you won't shut your ego off long enough to actually THINK and INTEGRATE the information all around you. It's not that hard - click "new topic" and have at it. And show a little respect to Trav: without him you wouldn't even be starting this thread in the first place. Confused

Very happy
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Psybin
#43 Posted : 7/5/2015 10:26:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rolling eyes Wink

soulfood
#44 Posted : 7/6/2015 12:35:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I just wonder....

'what if?'

But then I think...

'Perhaps.'

Way ahead of my time.

FiniteFox
#45 Posted : 7/6/2015 5:34:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just had stoner moment- "be the changa you want to see in the world. "
Also, if you want some philosophy threads, hop into (one of my) experience reports and ask "what do you think that means?"

I echo what others have said, don't look at a wood fire heater and say give me warmth. Give it some fuel, then invite the flame.

My question to you, which probably would yield a decent thread itself ( and less venom), what is your favorite philosophical idea to discuss/fav philosophical question and how has dmt changed your opinion on it?

BongWizard
#46 Posted : 7/6/2015 5:36:02 AM

Hyperspace Cowboy

OP, the reason these things are not discussed in an abstract manner is simple. We know and accept that it is not our place to tell you about the truth of the universe, the nature of life and your personal reason for existence. We all have our own beliefs about these things and they are very subjective and very personal. No two people have exactly the same view of life and the universe. We form these beliefs through experience and circumstance, and none of us have the exact same experiences or circumstances. Thus, it is dangerous to speak about such profoundly personal topics in an abstract nature.

If you have a specific question, feel free to ask it, but do not expect us to tell you what to think. We can only share our ideas, beliefs and experiences such that you may selectively integrate them into your own.

Short Answer: Ask and ye shall receive.
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.

universecannon
#47 Posted : 7/6/2015 7:17:41 AM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

FiniteFox wrote:
Also, if you want some philosophy threads, hop into (one of my) experience reports and ask "what do you think that means?"

I echo what others have said, don't look at a wood fire heater and say give me warmth. Give it some fuel, then invite the flame.

My question to you, which probably would yield a decent thread itself ( and less venom), what is your favorite philosophical idea to discuss/fav philosophical question and how has dmt changed your opinion on it?

I see what you did there Razz

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

The Traveler
#48 Posted : 7/6/2015 11:17:12 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

FiniteFox wrote:

And with this I think we can close this thread. It has run it's course and I see no more gain to get from this.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

PREV123