We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
I love, love, love the smell of DMT! Options

Purges
#21 Posted : 5/19/2015 6:50:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
I think it tastes/smells like alien candy / galactic temple incense.

Best description I have heard.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Doc Buxin
#22 Posted : 5/19/2015 8:34:33 PM

Pay No Mind

joedirt wrote:
Doc Buxin wrote:
LSDvibes wrote:
Anyone feel this way about the infamous plasticy, chemically and floral aroma of N,N-Dimethyltryptamine?

One of my pet peeves though is people associating the smell/taste of DMT with plastic...

When I initially discovered Spice, I could see how some people could make the association, however due to my penchant & love for smoking all sorts of substances, I know for a fact that it does not smell/taste like plastic. If you've ever accidentally acutally smoked plastic like I have, you would know too.Smile

I don't know man.. My wife, before she knew I had smoked any, straight up asked if I had burned plastic in the house...

Also I do find it smells a little like burnt plastic myself, though not to the degree that she does. Honestly I'm not a fan of the smell of vaporized DMT...But I can certainly tolerate it for the effects!

Peace

Lol!!!Laughing

I can totally understand how some people come to associate the smell with plastic, it's just that if you actually had some burnt plastic around at the same time to compare the two I'm reasonably sure that most people would say that DMT does not smell the same.Smile
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

LSDvibes
#23 Posted : 5/19/2015 9:07:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oversoul1919 wrote:
That indole smell! Smile Believe it or not, there are flowers just outside my apartment which smell almost exactly like DMT crystals. Smile

Heavenly! Love

I've encountered flowers with a similar or even identical smell as well. There was one flowering plant in my yard that did and I wish I took a picture before the flowers died so I could find out what it was.

My school's greenhouse actually had a room full of Phalaris Arundinacea so they could "research the invasive traits." It reeked of DMT outside the door (the room wasn't public due to it being a research room) but I would have loved to be a volunteer gardener for them and helped them "trim away the excess clippings." Laughing I think it's sooo great that the reason that grass is illegal in Massachusetts is not because of the alkaloids present (well...maybe) but due to its highly invasive nature.

It's like the DMT wants to spread the love!!

Doc Buxin
#24 Posted : 5/19/2015 9:09:58 PM

Pay No Mind

LSDvibes wrote:

Neat how you can sorta tell when you're ready for different kinds of psychedelic experiences. (Or maybe not?) I feel like I have psychedelic radar where I know when 'it feels right' to take a trip. I guess with DMT and phenomenon of it shutting some users out of hyperspace, it's even more clear when tripping isn't necessary. I don't think a large dose of shrooms would shut you out when it wasn't the best time to trip!

I have never experienced being "shut out" from any realm by any entheogen. They're typically willing & eager to share what they've got with me for whatever wierd reason. It's just that sometimes I just know that a breakthrough journey with DMT or a heavy trip with LSD or shrooms is not what's meant to be on the menu for a particular time.

Just like music, it's all about the timing IMHO.Thumbs up

LSDvibes wrote:
How was your experience? I've probably only microdosed with this substance before as I smoked it incorrectly but definitely got an expanding energy sensation and the feeling hit me faster than I could utter 'DMT.' My sense of space got super weird too. Maybe the hyperspace lexicon can help me better describe.

I find micro-dosing DMT very pleasurable. These days, after having had more than a lot of heavy-duty trips & journeys with many psychedelics, I find micro-dosing a comfortable way to keep my soul reminded of its eternal nature.

Typically with micro-dosing DMT I immediately get the psychedelic indole feeling of sharper vision, enhanced colors, time dialation, etc. However with DMT, I know that I'll be able to go to sleep a little later whereas with my shroomie friends or LSD, I better do it first thing in the morning or I'll never get to sleep that night! And I've got to sleep! If you want to look as good at my age as I do, you want all the sleep you can get!Laughing
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Helloevo
#25 Posted : 5/28/2015 4:53:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Sometimes I'll randomly smell DMT when there's nothing around with a similar smell, it's strange.

smokerx
#26 Posted : 5/28/2015 12:04:51 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Purges wrote:
۩ wrote:
I think it tastes/smells like alien candy / galactic temple incense.

Best description I have heard.

How about make perfume with dmt scent called Galactic Temple ?

I like that name Smile
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

nemesauce
#27 Posted : 5/28/2015 12:30:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think its a floral smell, if I had to pick a flower that smells close, it would be fresh lilac blooms.

LSDvibes
#28 Posted : 5/29/2015 6:52:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I imagine that I was around something that smells *extremely similar* to it and when I smell this particular thing, I get this odd, anticipatory buzz in my head. So lovely but odd how just a smell can induce such a feeling/sensation. I haven't even successfully broken through but I'm sure my brain must remember the intense and rapid effects I felt such as odd sense of space and feeling of expanding energy. I don't remember if I got visuals but there was this odd thing where I turned my head to the side and there was a delay in my vision. I was looking at my chair and it didn't move over the side for a couple seconds. The sense of space thing was probably the trippiest part of the experience and I get tripped out trying to explain it. Surprised
The smell of coffee and weed sometimes gives me a buzz too, but in a different way and doesn't make me anticipate anything in the same way (besides some weed or a nice cup of joe!)
I find it cool how some people smell it randomly but others don't seem to. Although, most of the people who don't get the random smells are not on the forums and are people I know who've tried it. They seemed surprised when I said that I have smelled it randomly while others have had the same experience. I would think that it would happen with everyone who's at least smoked DMT or if not, just smelled some but idk. Maybe it has to do with brain wiring or whether you like the smell or not.

woody
#29 Posted : 5/31/2015 12:31:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's funny but since I did my first extraction I initially went with the new trainers smell, but the more I smelled it (couldn't seem to stop!) the more floral it seems.
Now I smell it in the air in my garden but I can't quite work out which plant it is giving off this pleasant aroma yet!

LSDvibes
#30 Posted : 5/31/2015 11:45:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you enjoy the smell, you'll be pleased to know you may end up smelling it randomly or in some plants (if this is your first time smelling/smoalking it.) There's probably a post on here about which plants smell (instead of contain, which the nexus has covered) like DMT. I'm always trying to wrap my head around the random smell phenonmenon. My best guess is that your brain becomes hypersensitive to it so it can pick up on things that smell even remotely similar to it. Sometimes, the random smell will smell almost exactly like it while other times it's more the traits of the smell that you pick up on. Like the floral scent or the more chemically side. I'm A-Okay with smelling it totally randomly and in plants.
I'm McLovin' it lmao! Big grin
I love that floral scent. It was hot and humid this morning and I smelled it for a good block or two on my walk. I think the humidity made plants smell stronger or linger in the air longer. It made the hot weather more bearable and went great with my coffee to put a smile on my face! Laughing

el3ctr1c4l
#31 Posted : 6/19/2015 9:17:50 PM

GOD is within me

I smell it to when I get across the Chinese boots and shoes counter at the supermarket, in particular the boots have the most similar smell to DMT. I guess they put something in the rubber.
Anyway, I have instant flashbacks when I smell it and I love when it happens Smile It's like your first girlfriend fragrance when you had your first kiss, you'll never forget it Smile
GOD is within me, I feel it.

LSDvibes
#32 Posted : 6/20/2015 12:04:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

el3ctr1c4l wrote:
I smell it to when I get across the Chinese boots and shoes counter at the supermarket, in particular the boots have the most similar smell to DMT. I guess they put something in the rubber.
Anyway, I have instant flashbacks when I smell it and I love when it happens Smile It's like your first girlfriend refrigerant when you had your first kiss, you'll never forget it Smile

It is quite unforgettable! I'm just so amazed of how people smell it randomly and how a lot of things seem to smell like it. I've never had this kind of experience to the extent that I've had with DMT and so many other people have had it too! Big grin

meltYPhace
#33 Posted : 6/22/2015 10:13:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

it must be the smell of LIFE!..
In plants.
maybe :]
EYE became extremely sensitive to the smell that I have come to know as "DMT" a day after my first sessions..
As my body awoke from a kind of a lucid dream, where a different form of myself with no appendages basically just floats around a place I've never seen; I opened my eyes instantly sensing that I only slept a few hours of my usual 6 or 7, but also that I felt perfectly rested both mentally and physically, so I woke up with a real emotion to feel for a change, instead of a silly little auto-pilot drone-like morning routine I'd newly realized that I made for myself. SO..
I shuffled around indoor a bit, stepped out to greet our beautiful sun, and BAM! Right in the face, was kissed sweet by the sun and surrounded by the presence of this kind, green smell, to which I could only relate to the smells from my glass dish during extraction!!!
This smell was more than that of my little freezer dish, this one had weight, and additional scent notes. Notes impossible for my senses to tell apart from the smell of crystals in a dish, but could tell they were there. And upon inhalation I can feel my buds trying to sort out, or remember the taste of the vapor. The taste. of the smell:] I can feel its presence lingering around my head and arms, much like walking into a greenhouse, just not quite as heavy. At this point all I can do is grin and walk 5 or six steps over to where the smell implied its origin, and it did. It seemed the smell was stronger nearer I came to the same, tall weedies that played a big part in my first session..
If they said hello today, they'll be here tomorrow right? maybe. I loved the idea of smelling this hyperlink to feeling something glowy, and I was embraced with confirmation! Though it seems to come and go, Ill still catch a whiff now and again, usually from crowds of tall weeds, but a few times when I was a good 50 feet or so from anything green.
Maybe certain vibrations could trigger a leaved life to emit some loves?
To me it seems like its always the most freshly photosynthesized air, as if it came straight from the leaves to my nose and 0o0o0o
Smell never hugged me like DMT can

Its all okay

LSDvibes
#34 Posted : 6/22/2015 1:12:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

meltYPhace wrote:
it must be the smell of LIFE!..

I shuffled around indoor a bit, stepped out to greet our beautiful sun, and BAM! Right in the face, was kissed sweet by the sun and surrounded by the presence of this kind, green smell, to which I could only relate to the smells from my glass dish during extraction!!!

I loved your post, beautiful description! I can relate a lot to it and especially this part! Love I think DMT makes us hypersensitive to the smell. I haven't been around it in over two years (Sad ) but I'm still so sensitive to aromas and can smell it at random or in plants as if I had smoalked some yesterday! I like how you said the smell was hugging you. I think of the hypersensitivity as a gift that DMT can give people. Big grin

meltYPhace
#35 Posted : 6/22/2015 3:25:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

heythanks!Pleased

and what a gift it is!
I could ramble about DMT's strength of being until the end of days.

I think I'm right there with you.
for me, once I was completely immersed in the consciousness DMT has to offer, there was no way I could ever be alone in nature again.
Its just too great!
The walking trail that the pupdog and I use from time to time showed me the most love I have ever felt and accepted without using thought or reason<3
I said that as if I had a choice in the matter...
There was no choice like "I see this big concept, should I revel in it, run from it, or stare at it?" like happens with me and psilocybin or LSDvibes;]
Its just an instant awefounded "0o0o0o" followed by giggles that humbled me as these forces effortlessly assigned a reason for every nuance of these gigglings as fast as they came out, and somehow I was able to process this information as fast as it was being sewn intoo my braainn! am I still awake? more I write, more I feel like im still dreaming. having way too much fun trying to express this
Its all okay

furhenden
#36 Posted : 6/22/2015 3:50:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is pretty much a daily occurrence for me to crack open my storage jar and take a big 'ol whiff, whether or not I intend on partaking that day.

There is something very special about that funky otherworldly smell of our favorite neurotransmitter, that seems to bring joy all by itself.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."
Carl Sagan

LSDvibes
#37 Posted : 6/22/2015 4:14:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

furhenden wrote:
It is pretty much a daily occurrence for me to crack open my storage jar and take a big 'ol whiff, whether or not I intend on partaking that day.

There is something very special about that funky otherworldly smell of our favorite neurotransmitter, that seems to bring joy all by itself.

I liked your intro essay! I'll post there too in a bit! I won't be able to partake in DMT or psychedelics for a while but taking a whiff from the jar sounds like a great way to start the day! I'm happy for you!

Rundar
#38 Posted : 7/6/2015 6:00:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like to think my spice smells like new sneakers. But there's definitely a planty sort of odor, y'know? Big bunches of phalaris smell like that, and as soon as they've been boiling for a few minutes it's completely suffused into the atmosphere. Very dramatic Thumbs up

BongWizard
#39 Posted : 7/6/2015 8:49:42 AM

Hyperspace Cowboy

I too love love love the smell of DMT! My white base has a very subtle floral smell (if forced to elaborate, I'd have to say like daffodils), my yellowish base has a distinct buttered popcorn smell, and my jungle spice smells like purple (there's no other way I can describe it, really). But then when vaped, they all smell more or less the same, kind of like new rubber mixed with freshly rotten plant matter.

I love when I get a random gratuitous whiff of it, as if I've got my nose in the jar. It's strange how this can happen, and I've yet to come up with a satisfactory explanation for it. I like to think it's the smell of my own brain Laughing

I've found that when I introduce people to the spice, they all think they've smelled the exact same odour before, even though they haven't, and they don't describe it like I think it smells either.

It's for this reason that I say DMT has the smell of a memory.
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.

DiMoiTou
#40 Posted : 7/6/2015 7:53:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hmmm that smell Embarrased
I went to SouthEast Asia and some of their cleaning products have that indole smell. The toilets in the airport of Ho-Chi-Minh for instance!
The molecule haunting me everywhere I go...Big grin

@oversoul1919: can you identify or photograph the plant please? Smile

@nemesauce: I have some lilac in my garden, it's not quite that smell. Confused

PREV123NEXT