We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Solvents in the US Options

Tryptallmine
#1 Posted : 7/5/2015 6:30:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Guys,

I'm helping some friends in the states with their first extraction.

The only thing I can't advise them on is a brand of solvent/naphtha to use.

Could someone kindly let me know a brand of naphtha that they can use?

Thanks
Tryptallmine.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Firemetal420
#2 Posted : 7/5/2015 6:51:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I use crown vm&p naptha and it has worked beautifully Smile
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever

Synkromystic
#3 Posted : 7/5/2015 6:58:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was using crown vm &p naphtha as well. I found it very efficient, although I DONT trust it's cleanliness, even though they say it's clean. It Always left a nasty chemical oil odor, but never any visible residue when evaporated. I would only freeze precipitate and That always yielded clean results. Now my local hardware store only carries Jasco Vm & P naphtha. Seems identical to the crown and is in the exact same packaging, except for the name change and a price increase.

concombres
#4 Posted : 7/5/2015 10:09:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Synkromystic wrote:
I was using crown vm &p naphtha as well. I found it very efficient, although I DONT trust it's cleanliness, even though they say it's clean. It Always left a nasty chemical oil odor, but never any visible residue when evaporated. I would only freeze precipitate and That always yielded clean results. Now my local hardware store only carries Jasco Vm & P naphtha. Seems identical to the crown and is in the exact same packaging, except for the name change and a price increase.

Crown works well imo. I noticed recently though that is has all but dissappeared & Jasco looks to be the replacement.
I having tried using Jasco yet but aside from Kleen strip, which I do not trust at all for some reason, it's the only locally available naphtha.

Just a little heads up if it's not already known, a brand of naphtha can be clean, but even can to can there can be contaminants. Vm & p is technical grade petrochemicals & regulations are not as strict regarding impurities because they do not need to be when used for paint or varnish.
Evap testing EVERY can is neccessary before using.

Also, crown has always had a bit more of an aromatic smell to me, seems like there may be a fair amount of heavier (aromatic) hydrocarbons in there as opposed to lighter fractions of hydrocarbons. I always thouroughly washed my freebase spice in cold distilled water after using crown for freeze precipitation & if possible a few re-x`s with clean, pure, n-heptane before finely chopping & washing with water always netted me a pure white product (& nice clear Crystal shards before chopping). I`m a bit paranoid about technical grade solvents, but going this route always made me feel much Bette about smoking my spice, knowing if there were any impurities in my solvent that weren`t labelled, it was washed well enough to remove them before ingestion.

JustCurious.
#5 Posted : 7/5/2015 4:51:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.packserv.com/...P._Naphtha_-_Thinner.pdf

No mention of aromatics on the msds though Smile Don't get it over here so I wouldn't really know first hand Smile

brilliantlydim
#6 Posted : 7/6/2015 3:46:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used Ronsonols lighter fluid and so far it seems to be pretty clean. No residue or odour after evap.

Tryptallmine
#7 Posted : 7/6/2015 4:26:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks all for the feedback. I'll point them in the right direction.

Just Say Know
#8 Posted : 7/6/2015 3:39:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would go with Q21Q21's tek 1 or 2. I would go with 1 because the solvents are all foodsafe. Just make sure your Edible lime is Calcium Hydroxide and nothing else and that your D Limonene is 100% pure. It's great too because none of the solvents give off any particularly suspicious fumes.

It's personally what i'm going with. I'm in the process of getting the solvents and equiptment and then i should be ready Smile

Edit: Buy D limo in gallon portions and make sure it's 100%. It's gonna cost a bit but in my opinion every penny is worth it! and like they say, You can't put a price on DMT!

temeculove420
#9 Posted : 7/10/2015 6:02:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Firemetal420 wrote:

SWIM here, great for pulls. It's illegal to purchase in some counties here in California, not sure how its treated elsewhere though. Had to do some shopping/driving.

concombres
#10 Posted : 7/10/2015 6:47:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

temeculove420 wrote:
Firemetal420 wrote:

SWIM here, great for pulls. It's illegal to purchase in some counties here in California, not sure how its treated elsewhere though. Had to do some shopping/driving.

If naphtha is illegal & hard to come by locally, limonene is a much nicer option.
It is expensive, but >98.5% pure limonene can be had online (not the sketchy repackaged eBay stuff, direct from the manufacturerWink )& is rather inconspicuous due to the fact it is a versatile cleaner.
It also smells like oranges & isn`t a petroleum product. i find Salting out & cleaning up the spice from limo to be fun as well.

It can also be washed & reused multiple times so a gallon will go a long way.