We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Extracting psilocin or muscimol from urine... Options

blueskine
#1 Posted : 4/1/2010 5:25:24 PM

D.

After reading many teks about extracting psychedelics from mushroom it seem like there hasn't been one that really works. What if it were extracted from urine?

It seems like the best molecules for exraction would be psilocin and muscimol. Both these are are converted from psilocybin to psilocin and ibotenic acid to muscimol most effectivily in the human body. Urine has been drunk from
shamens who have taken mushroom and the effects were passed on to the drinker.

So, I am thinking that fasting for a period of time with plently of water until you take mushrooms. Collect your urine and at this point I am not sure the best way to go.

Could this be done? If you can get over the fact you are dealing with urine.
"It is always good to act crazy first because later you can appear normal" -Hunter S. Thompson

"...eyes open, everything is as it was."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

blueskine
#2 Posted : 4/1/2010 6:53:32 PM

D.

Talks about conversion of ibotenic acid...
http://books.google.com/...Z8CAdzyfwsYljE&hl=en
"It is always good to act crazy first because later you can appear normal" -Hunter S. Thompson

blueskine
#3 Posted : 4/1/2010 7:02:58 PM

D.

found this...

"The potency of the mushroom does not decrease significantly until around the seventh consumer, because the muscimol from fly agaric is essentially unaltered after being secreted from the kidneys. Not only does this trait conserve the mushrooms, but it also eliminates unpleasant side-effects caused by muscarine, as this does not pass through urine and only the initial ingestor must experience the unpleasant effects."

endlessness
#4 Posted : 4/1/2010 7:08:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ahmmmm... why not just getting more mushrooms? I wouldnt think of extracting urine, but whatever rocks your boat... Smile

btw, you have to quote source from your information otherwise how can one know if its reliable or not?

T
#5 Posted : 4/1/2010 7:34:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Truly groundbreaking work
http://www.instructables.com/id/Hallucinogenic_sugar/
"Once I thought I'd been offered a joint but had been given angel dust. I smoked it, but had horrific hallucinations - oh my God, I was out of control.
I saw eight of everything and believed that I could fly.
That was when I stopped taking drugs. I started doing them to be a rebel, then realised that doing drugs just meant I was being an idiot.
Now I hate drugs. I constantly tell kids to stay away from them - they are the root of all evil." - David Gest

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 4/1/2010 8:01:13 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

I had the idea of posting a tek + pictures for the extraction of bufotenine from human faeces as an April Fool's joke. The tek would depict my faeces in a suitable container, then mixing sodium carbonate with it and finally adding loads of xylene and boiling it in the oven. The idea of the smell of cooked crap in the oven plus boiling xylene really woke me up this morning.

The posting didn't happen cuz I was not in the mood of defecating in any container suitable for the said extraction.

Now, of course one can extract muscimol, mescaline (yes!) and maybe traces of psilocin (most of it will anyway be deaminated + destroyed) but one question came to my mind:

If I, sober like the sunshine this morning, were not in the mood to crap in a container and extract bufotenine, where would a person while tripping find the courage and clarity to collect his urine for further processing?!?!?!?!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

narmz
#7 Posted : 4/1/2010 8:54:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, that is a disgustingly horrible way to go about this, eating caramelized piss... yummm.

Also, I think bufo would be the most likely to be present in urine, and you would probably find little to non of it in human feces.

god this is gross.

Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

SnozzleBerry
#8 Posted : 4/1/2010 8:57:00 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Infundibulum wrote:

If I, sober like the sunshine this morning, were not in the mood to crap in a container and extract bufotenine, where would a person while tripping find the courage and clarity to collect his urine for further processing?!?!?!?!

errrrrrm, i dunno, but I definitely pissed in a bottle multiple times on my first amanita experience. Unfortunately I wasn't deep enough to be able to convince myself to chug-a-lug-a-lug later on in the experience, but I came close. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, but at least my throat's not urine-stained Wink

peace
SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

blueskine
#9 Posted : 4/1/2010 11:26:51 PM

D.

So. Would the next step to dry the urine and extract from the residue or extract from it fluid?

The reason I am wondering is almost endless supply of psychedelics and possibly get it into a freebase form for vaporizing.

blueskine
#10 Posted : 4/1/2010 11:29:12 PM

D.

One more reason. I don't want to drink piss.

Infundibulum
#11 Posted : 4/1/2010 11:52:30 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

blueskine wrote:
So. Would the next step to dry the urine and extract from the residue or extract from it fluid?

Your best bet is to let the container stand for some time OR slightly boil them in acid for around 1 hour. The idea is to break down the urea into ammonia and carbon dioxide (happens slowly by time or faster with boiling) that may interfere with the next steps.

Then reduce the urine to a more manageable quantity, basify and extract with a NP solvent of choice. Please always freeze-precipitate or back-salt into acidic water. Loads of other crap in the urine will be soluble in the non-polar solvent, especially the cholesterol-derived ones.

blueskine wrote:
The reason I am wondering is almost endless supply of psychedelics and possibly get it into a freebase form for vaporizing.

It is not really an endless supply, you understand that, aye? Even in the case of endogenous psychedelics you'll have to work with massive amounts of urine. You'll have to ask your friends for help to supply theirs. But soon you;ll have no friends, only a stinking house. Watch that last one, neighbours can get nosy and call the cops.

As for psilocin, most will be metabolised before secretion so you cannot ingest, excrete, isolate and ingest again foreva and eva.

Muscimol you may get away with it extracting and re-ingesting. Same goes for mescaline.

If you need any further help, please do not hesitate to ask, the nexus will be here to help you with your urinary endeavours!

blueskine wrote:

It is not as bad - SWIM has drank his urine quite a few times when drunk and it always tasted awrite, maybe a bit like a cup of tea of the proper temperature. Also, it would be a good idea to gulp 2-3 liters to see if there are any actives there to begin with. You know, like a pilot experiment.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Madcap
#12 Posted : 4/2/2010 12:13:09 AM

illudium Q-36

Infundibulum wrote:

blueskine wrote:

It is not as bad - SWIM has drank his urine quite a few times when drunk and it always tasted awrite, maybe a bit like a cup of tea of the proper temperature. Also, it would be a good idea to gulp 2-3 liters to see if there are any actives there to begin with. You know, like a pilot experiment.

Smile This is the type of conversation I enjoy overhearing in person.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

fathomlessness
#13 Posted : 7/5/2015 11:49:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

With these new filter bottles, urine can be turned back in to salty water... Muscimol laced salty water!@

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 1/21/2024 12:34:24 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

This has got to be one of the funniest threads I've stumbled on in a "wee" while, poking around the archives. Be sure to scroll up for the full benefit Laughing

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli