We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Evaporating d-limonene for mescaline freebase. Does this create an inconvenient sticky powder? Options

crakkbakk
#1 Posted : 6/27/2009 4:51:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've read that some hear don't like to evaporate their d-limonene because it makes the end product smell like citrus.

Does it have any affect on the look, texture or potency of the freebase mescaline?

I wouldn't mind if it smelled citrusy or looked light orange, but if it was sticky (say like mescaline acetate) that would be too inconvenient for the most part.

Would someone mind filling me in?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

69ron
#2 Posted : 6/27/2009 7:39:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pure freebase mescaline is a sticky oil.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

deamsterphile
#3 Posted : 6/27/2009 7:57:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

is this in conjuction with the d-limonene acetate tek,

So instead of adding vinigar and removing the evaping that you just evap the limo????

TheNtt
#4 Posted : 6/27/2009 8:08:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not really sure what you're asking because none of the teks around here (to my knowledge) involve evaporating the d-limo.

crakkbakk
#5 Posted : 6/28/2009 1:51:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ahh, the freebase of mescaline is an oil. Bummer. Swim might try salting it with citric acid or absorbic acid.

At what PH does mescaline become a salt at?

If one were to use citric acid, according to my molar conversion, 10.5g of citric acid would be necessary to convert 10g of mescaline into their salt (aprox)

psychosisdoses
#6 Posted : 6/28/2009 2:33:35 PM

Derek

crakkbakk wrote:
Ahh, the freebase of mescaline is an oil. Bummer. Swim might try salting it with citric acid or absorbic acid.

At what PH does mescaline become a salt at?

If one were to use citric acid, according to my molar conversion, 10.5g of citric acid would be necessary to convert 10g of mescaline into their salt (aprox)

you would have excess citric acid undoubtedly... why the aversion from the acetate form... works fine and keeps well also accurate doses... why do we make things more complicated then they are
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

69ron
#7 Posted : 6/28/2009 7:20:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Having excess citric acid really messes up dosing. That's why HCL or vinegar is preferred. They evaporate away leaving no free acid behind.

Mescaline HCl is a white powder, very dry, brittle.

Mescaline acetate is a white waxy material, similar to freebase DMT.

The reason the mescaline acetate from most techs is brown or amber is because of the other alkaloids and impurities present. It would also be less sticky and easier to dry if the other impurities were removed.

I wish I knew of some way to clean the mescaline acetate of the impurities.

Mescaline HCl is insoluble in 99% acetone, and insoluble in 99% IPA, so it’s very easy to clean with those two solvents because only the impurities are soluble in those solvents. Mescaline acetate is soluble in both solvents unfortunately, and so are the impurities.

I believe the polarity of mescaline acetate is lower than the polarity of mescaline HCl. Out of all the alkaloids, I believe mescaline is the most polar, and that’s why mescaline HCl can be cleaned with acetone or IPA. With that in mind, mescaline acetate is very likely more polar than the other acetates. To clean it, you’ll likely need a solvent less polar than acetone or IPA which is just polar enough to dissolve the impurities but not polar enough to dissolve mescaline acetate. Such a solvent could be a binary solvent. For example, maybe a mix of 50:50 of IPA and d-limonene might work.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

crakkbakk
#8 Posted : 6/30/2009 10:00:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I understand.
Off Topic: How much lye/KOH does one need if they wanted to base all of the cctus clippigs?

For example 100g cactus:50g NaOH?

How long should one wait before pulling?

My only reason that swim dislikes the vingar is because it makes this sticky. Swim wants to take his boys out into the hills and all take mescaline together, but if they see it waxy and weird looking they might doubt it's mecaline.
Am I over analyzing this? Is it still easy to move around and looks good?

If one were to use xylene instead of d-limonene...Ge heard it was very smelly. It is only smelly when you have it out in the open (when you poured it in, pulled it out, put into a seperatory funnel, etc)? How far away can it be smelled? If a room is close is that good enough?

When evaporating the HCl, is this smelly as well?

Thanks so much.

69ron
#9 Posted : 6/30/2009 8:38:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The xylene can be smelled for quite a distance. Even in a closed room, the whole house will smell like xylene. Some people will be able to smell it from outside your house if any windows are opened. It smells sort of like an auto shop. Very strong, nasty smelling stuff.

The HCl when evaporating away is a little dangerous health wise. Don't breath it in. The fumes are very irritating and can cause damage to the lungs if too much is inhaled. The whole room will smell like HCl. It's not pleasant. It's best evaporated in a room that has a strong air exhaust fan.

Both of these chemicals might cause suspicion because they aren't normal everyday smells.

D-limonene smells like oranges and won't cause any suspicion. Vinegar smells like vinegar and people cook with that all the time so people will just think you're cooking. These are also food safe and non-toxic. You're really better off using them.

Phlux-
#10 Posted : 6/30/2009 9:18:23 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

if mescaline freebase in d-limonene was evaporated would it not become mescaline carbonate ? (somehow - no basis for this question other than thinking i read it somewhere)
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

69ron
#11 Posted : 7/1/2009 9:22:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Freebase mescaline is said to form mescaline carbonate after some time. Judging by the pKa, bufotenine is even more likely to do this.

I don't know how long it takes to form. If it was instant, then freebase mescaline wouldn't exist. It's obviously not instant because freebase mescaline is described as an oil. Mescaline carbonate should be a solid with poor water solubility, if I understand correctly.

We need some SWIM's looking into this one.