We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Difference in Effects of Trichocereus spp. Options

amor_fati
#1 Posted : 6/25/2009 6:35:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Started this in another thread, here: http://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=64177#post64177

69ron wrote:
amor_fati wrote:
By the way, can anyone give a brief rundown on the differences in effects between peruvian, pachanoi, and bridgesii

SWIM says the torch is the most like pure mescaline, very clear headed, less dreamy. Pedro and achuma are similar in some ways, both being more dreamy, but achuma has an effect that is very unique to it which Pedro seems to lack. Achuma is the least like mescaline. With achuma, SWIM feels definite but mild vasoconstriction. It’s almost ayahuasca-like, very dreamy. It’s hard to describe.

Hmm, so no major differences in the level of visual hallucination? SWIM's trying to figure out whether the brew he had of san pedro was so similar to LSD because of high mescaline levels, or because of the other alkaloids. As in, could SWIM reach that level with the torch (and if so what might be a recommended dosage?), or should he try an extract of san pedro?

SWIM also recalls reading somewhere that achuma is the closest to peyote and was wondering how accurate this was.

So far, SWIM hasn't exceeded 400mg of acetate extract of peruvian torch and, from bioassay, would imagine reports of this being relatively low in alkaloids other than mescaline to be accurate, as the experience has usually been fairly wired though clear-headed, and has had a strong body buzz. All of his experiences so far have been been from oven-dried/melted product, but he's gone as low as 200mg and experienced threshold psychedelia. His next experience will be with 400mg of air-dried product, and he will report any noticeable differences.

Basically this thread is to discuss the differences in effects of different species of Trichocereus and their dosages (specifically of full range acetate extracts).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

69ron
#2 Posted : 6/25/2009 8:13:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
Hmm, so no major differences in the level of visual hallucination?

There are differences. The visuals from the Torch are the most colorful, sharpest, and the visuals from Pedro and Achuma are more dream-like, softer, smoother. Torch is the most like LSD. Achuma is the most like Peyote.

amor_fati wrote:
SWIM's trying to figure out whether the brew he had of san pedro was so similar to LSD because of high mescaline levels, or because of the other alkaloids. As in, could SWIM reach that level with the torch (and if so what might be a recommended dosage?), or should he try an extract of san pedro?

Yes, SWIY is more likely to get those effects from the Torch, however, the Torch is more of a hit or miss in terms of potency.

amor_fati wrote:
SWIM also recalls reading somewhere that achuma is the closest to peyote and was wondering how accurate this was.

Yes, according to SWIM Achuma is the most like Peyote and the least like mescaline.

amor_fati wrote:
So far, SWIM hasn't exceeded 400mg of acetate extract of peruvian torch and, from bioassay, would imagine reports of this being relatively low in alkaloids other than mescaline to be accurate, as the experience has usually been fairly wired though clear-headed, and has had a strong body buzz. All of his experiences so far have been been from oven-dried/melted product, but he's gone as low as 200mg and experienced threshold psychedelia. His next experience will be with 400mg of air-dried product, and he will report any noticeable differences.

I’m excited to see those findings!

amor_fati wrote:
Basically this thread is to discuss the differences in effects of different species of Trichocereus and their dosages (specifically of full range acetate extracts).

I hope more people can give feedback on the differences. SWIM has argued about the effects of Achuma with other people quite a few times. For Achuma we surely need several more people to give a more accurate picture of Achuma’s effects. Some people say Achuma is extremely stimulating. SWIM found Achuma more dreamy and relaxed than the others. SWIM finds the Torch to be the most stimulating.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Kannamate
#3 Posted : 6/25/2009 9:18:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is bridgesii more visual,or less than torch/pedro?

69ron
#4 Posted : 6/25/2009 10:11:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They are all visual, but the nature of the visual effects differs. The visuals of Achuma are the softest and dreamiest, more ayahuasca-like, the visuals of the Torch are the sharpest and most colorful and more LSD-like. That’s only SWIM’s opinion.

Why is SWIM the only one offering info here? Surely someone else has some knowledge about the three! We’re going to get a very warped view of this subject unless at least a few other SWIMs jump in here to offer their opinions on the three.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

amor_fati
#5 Posted : 6/27/2009 11:26:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is convinced that typical tanish/reddish acetate extracts (even from peruvian) require a much higher dosage than pure mescaline HCl for full-on psychedelia. SWIM did about 500mg, and didn't get much more out of it than he did with 400mg or even 250mg (mild OEV and CEV w/ body buzz and cottonmouth indication psychedelic intoxication). Next time, SWIM will kick it up to 700mg. This being said, the high yields from the nontoxic tek may be a little misleading.

69ron
#6 Posted : 6/28/2009 2:26:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Amor_fati, SWIM has pure white mescaline HCl and the acetate extracts, and he finds the acetate extracts to be slightly more powerful for San Pedro and the Torch, and MUCH MORE powerful for Achuma. I wonder why SWIM and SWIY have different reactions?

amor_fati
#7 Posted : 7/1/2009 6:29:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Amor_fati, SWIM has pure white mescaline HCl and the acetate extracts, and he finds the acetate extracts to be slightly more powerful for San Pedro and the Torch, and MUCH MORE powerful for Achuma. I wonder why SWIM and SWIY have different reactions?

SWIM's been thinking and trying to recall his experiences a bit more clearly. He thinks that the 400mg he took before this last time was more powerful than the 450+mg he took last time, and that this last time was closer to what 250mg was like the first time he did it. SWIM didn't oven dry the last pull and feels it may have had fairly significant moisture content, though it was waxy. The previous doses he's taken were much more dense, oven dried, and more like hash. Perhaps this could account for such variability?

69ron, what's the minimum SWIY has to take for full, rich psychedelia with SWIY's acetate extracts of torch?

69ron
#8 Posted : 7/1/2009 7:48:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM needs 200 mg for a complete psychedelic experience. At 75 mg it's just very slightly psychedelic.