We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Why do nexians give such little discussion about the larger questions of existence? Options

โ—‹
#21 Posted : 7/1/2015 4:48:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Global wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

>> Posting about such topics would inevitably lead to unnecessary repetition.

I think this is the main point here. If you can't find those threads, you aren't looking hard enough, but perhaps the reason why newer ones are harder to come by is because many of us have debated these topics at nauseum. You can make as many threads as you like, but they will always invite the same arguments, which are worth having, but once you've had them several hundred times, it gets old.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SpartanII
#22 Posted : 7/1/2015 6:33:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fathomlessness wrote:
SpartanII wrote:
You could always "resurrect" some that interest you. Search!Cool

Yes, that has and still seems to be a problem for me finding the goods but I still am curious about the current lack of quality information being discussed.

Well, I attempted to answer your question already:

SpartanII wrote:
Perhaps they have been discussed before.

fathomlessness wrote:
Please don't be rude, this is an enquiry in to why it is so not and attack or a complaint?

How about you start a deep philosophical discussion about why that obliguhl guy is such a big jerk, always being mean and stuff...Wink

...or one about how to not take things personally on an internet forum.Thumbs up

Doc Buxin
#23 Posted : 7/1/2015 11:00:58 PM

Pay No Mind

SpartanII wrote:
How about you start a deep philosophical discussion about why that obliguhl guy is such a big jerk, always being mean and stuff...Wink

...or one about how to not take things personally on an internet forum.Thumbs up

Laughing
Laughing
Laughing

Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Nathanial.Dread
#24 Posted : 7/2/2015 12:05:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

These questions aren't resolvable. Even if you feel like you have some deeply profound insight into the fundamental nature of the way things are, it's not something you can ever satisfactorily communicate. The end result is either a lot of people passionately fighting a fight that neither side will ever win (because neither will be convinced by the other), or, a collective shrug and a sense of "I don't know."

It's unproductive and gets old.

Language is a lossy information compression system.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

spacexplorer
#25 Posted : 7/3/2015 1:39:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was trying to put what I thought into words but the guy above me said it much more clearly. Also we could endlessly debate philosophy or we could just smoke more dmt.

fathomlessness
#26 Posted : 7/3/2015 3:16:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SpartanII wrote:

fathomlessness wrote:
Please don't be rude, this is an enquiry in to why it is so not and attack or a complaint?

You inferred I took it personally without any valid evidence for doing so? So, yes being philosophically minded enables me to pick out the fundemental flaw in what you just said and enables me to subjectively percieve that I have have one-upped you on this internet forum discussion which will inevitably leave me for the rest of the day feeling superior in mine own self esteem (sarcasm).Laughing

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:

I have... Please don't be rude, this is an enquiry in to why it is so not and attack or a complaint?

Explain how my statement was rude or a complaint.

Well, instead of actually applying to the protocol of answering my question with a pertinent reply about the nature of "others" creating superficial content, you ignored that and instead focused on directing the response singular to the author(myself). This is very characteristic of what occurs in arguments as people tend to direct any example or literary device towards the oponent instead of addressing it as it is ment to be addressed.

So by ignoring that ettiquite it is considered rude but even you could just imagine it being said in real life like this... "fathomlessness:I am having trouble finding threads about users discussing the nature of reality / obliguhl: THEN CREATE SOME!!) Now of course the capitals augment this considerably but it is only to confer the style in which the reply is created. Even if it is said with a smile on ones face it is still considered out of orderly fashion due to it's bold nature. If you said something like "I agree, but perhaps it would be wise to create a few threads of your own to help the community out" then it would not be considered such a blunt statement.

Anyway, this sort of semantic bickering is the sort of superficiality that I was wanting to get away from so at least I have address by way of example what I ment by superficial content.

fathomlessness
#27 Posted : 7/3/2015 3:18:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
These questions aren't resolvable. Even if you feel like you have some deeply profound insight into the fundamental nature of the way things are, it's not something you can ever satisfactorily communicate. The end result is either a lot of people passionately fighting a fight that neither side will ever win (because neither will be convinced by the other), or, a collective shrug and a sense of "I don't know."

It's unproductive and gets old.

zhoro wrote:
Also, discussion takes one away from Existence :-)

This is a perfect illustration of the human condition and even life in general. Our hopeless efforts to see the truth of existance when the only truth for us to see is is the enjoyment of the "I don't know" and then eternal oblivion.

fathomlessness
#28 Posted : 7/3/2015 3:28:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:

Global wrote:
but they will always invite the same arguments, which are worth having, but once you've had them several hundred times, it gets old.

I don't see the logic of "Well, we've discussed the nature of Free Will now for 2 whole years nonstop and we're tired of it... Now lets discuss Lindsey Lohan in South America for the next 7 years instead!"

If anything, the old tired topics should lead to new conceptualisations and improvements, ESPECIALLY because we are using a drug (DMT) that enables one to think outside of the confines of how most people understand the concepts.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#29 Posted : 7/3/2015 1:48:37 PM

just some guy

I think you're discounting a huge number of worthwhile active topics of discussion here on the Nexus...
Is it no less worthwhile to discover, refine and share new ways of exploring consciousness first-hand through entheogens, than it is to discuss metaphysical topics that may or may not be relevant to others' world view or interests?

If you want a cathartic connection on deep metaphysical matters, then you may be better off by jumping into chat or seeking discussion in real life. I think that many of us here have learned well that the linear nature of the forum is best suited to more linear forms of thought.
In the times in chat where I've had the most intimate conversations, as well as the few times I've met with Nexians in the flesh, the "larger questions of existence" are most often the subject matter at hand.

A great amount of unnecessary tension can be avoided simply by considering the limitations of the method of communication being used at the moment.

Sure, our common psychedelic experience lends well to discussion of these matters... But just how much of this common experience is relevant at all within our linguistic confines? Ineffability is after all such a key character of these experience, is it not?

Authentic, sincere connection between one human being and another in the eternity of the present moment can communicate more than all the words that fall upon our ears in a lifetime. When we connect on an emotional, tangible level, we co-create in such beautiful ways as to make the difficulties of this linear, post-by-post communication just laughably absurd.

Is it more important to strain against language, and to dig ourselves deeper into the mire of language, philosophy and culture, than it is to communicate in a considerate and productive manner which is appropriate to our environment and the ways in which we are able to express ourselves?

The Traveler
#30 Posted : 7/3/2015 4:19:06 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

fathomlessness wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

Global wrote:
but they will always invite the same arguments, which are worth having, but once you've had them several hundred times, it gets old.

I don't see the logic of "Well, we've discussed the nature of Free Will now for 2 whole years nonstop and we're tired of it... Now lets discuss Lindsey Lohan in South America for the next 7 years instead!"

If anything, the old tired topics should lead to new conceptualisations and improvements, ESPECIALLY because we are using a drug (DMT) that enables one to think outside of the confines of how most people understand the concepts.

Why, instead of complaining, are you not busy with "leading to new conceptualisations and improvements" in those topics then? What are you waiting for?

Also a substance like DMT can be a tool that helps to think outside of the confines but for me it is definitely not a prerequisite.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

obliguhl
#31 Posted : 7/3/2015 4:29:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Why, instead of complaining, are you not busy with "leading to new conceptualisations and improvements" in those topics then? What are you waiting for?

That's what i was getting at. Be the change you want to see in the world.

skoobysnax
#32 Posted : 7/3/2015 4:42:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would wager that our limited perception and scale in this vast universe (or multiverse -now there is a topic) brought many of us to explore hyperspace as we have come to call it. I am in that number. If you start a thread under the proper section PM me the link. I'd be happy to chime in.

There are a vast number of old threads but sometime a new one get new blood in because of the time it takes to crawl though the pages upon pages to find the sweet spot.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

skoobysnax
#33 Posted : 7/3/2015 5:01:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also have come to notice that a few of us can get snippy at other nexians when there is a FAQ even in the FAQ thread. It would be nice if we are annoyed by a question to just let someone else answer instead of trying to make our fellows feel stupid. I get the frustration of longtime members but a little humility and kindness goes a long long way in keeping these theads clean and free of ego protective banter.

I am going to spend some time compiling some links and info from an old now defunct forum thread that i found quite useful. It will take some time but i will make a thread and put the link on this one.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Spiralout
#34 Posted : 7/3/2015 5:48:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

be the change you wish to see in the nexus Laughing

really though there are plenty of threads on what your looking for. This place is filled with all sorts of people and if you dont like a thread like the lohan one skip over it. Theyre bigger fish to fry in the universe and you cant fry em if your caught up on stuff that doesnt relatively matter to you.
And as was said these discussions and experiences happen outside of here. Go out and nature and meditate and find it yourself. Then you might not want to talk about the wisdom youve gained but it will show up in subtle ways, even in a thread about lohan. Theres wisdom to be found everywhere.

darklordsson
#35 Posted : 7/4/2015 2:54:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

spractral wrote:
Theres wisdom to be found everywhere.

I totally agree good sir! If there is a subject that peaks your curiosity just post a new thread but look it up first to make sure its not on the nexus already, it can be brought back with plenty of new introspectives, and new conversations to discuss about. Just ask and there's always answers. Or research on the area that finds your curiosity and ask about the deep parts of it.

spacexplorer
#36 Posted : 7/4/2015 10:46:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This place is filled with good threads of course every thread isn't going to be pure deep gold from the depths of eternity but there's a fair bit of good threads on here

fathomlessness
#37 Posted : 7/4/2015 12:44:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
fathomlessness wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

Global wrote:

Also a substance like DMT can be a tool that helps to think outside of the confines but for me it is definitely not a prerequisite.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

I think you have me wrong Traveler, I am not complaining at all... I am enquiring and putting forth new ideas to help, share and expand the nexus. Just by seeing this thread, people now will presumably be more inclined to move over to the philosophy section. I think you think my intentions are dark and disruptive but that is wholesomly incorrect my friend.Wink

fathomlessness
#38 Posted : 7/4/2015 12:46:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiyo Quicksilver wrote:

Authentic, sincere connection between one human being and another in the eternity of the present moment can communicate more than all the words that fall upon our ears in a lifetime.

Wow Love

obliguhl
#39 Posted : 7/4/2015 1:03:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I think you think my intentions are dark and disruptive but that is wholesomly incorrect my friend.

You seem to have a tendency to assume the worst. Why is that?

thymamai
#40 Posted : 7/5/2015 9:31:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I as the others would suggest digging a little deeper.

I have found much much more pleasure watching and listening than discussing.
Discussion is for resolving disagreements. and your life story and philosophy is better kept to yourself, or saved for pillow talk.

PREV123NEXT